Are Luggage tags required for carry on?

EddieC

I do just in case I get separated from it. Is it possible, well it happened on of first Royal cruise with the kids. Our oldest has health issues, so he can't carry anything on and my wife is taking care of him. We had 3 carry on's (med, oxygen, etc). I could carry two but let my youngest who might have been 10 at the time carry the third. Told him it was his responsibly. Anyhow going into the buffet he cleans his hands at the Purell machine and walks in, leaving the what I asked him to look after there. My fault, I didn't check on him. As we're finishing lunch I can't find the bag. Fortunately it was still sitting there at the Purell when we walked out. Many lessons learned at that moment. one being attaching a luggage tag to the carry ons 🙂 

My brother forgot and left his carry on bag in Sorrentos on embarkation day. We stopped at Sorrentos first thing. Then did our muster and ate at the WJ. Got a beer at the pub. As we were making our way to the cabin for the first time, it struck my brother that he left his carry on somewhere. He was going to go back to Sorrentos and/or guest services after we went to our room. But lo and behold, there was his carry-on on the bed. Since it had a luggage tag on it, the crew just delivered it to our room. He had a laptop, passport and some cash in there and it all arrived just fine. Really great service.