Anniversary Tales – Episode XXI: From Galaxy’s Edge to the Wondrous Seas – WN 7/23/23 – 7/30/23

Lovetocruise2002

1 hour ago, MLH said:

Not sure if you are doing Chef's table or Wonderland ,but we asked our genie for the world desert one evening in our room.

We are not. We never do Chef’s table. Takes too long. And we are not huge fans of Wonderland either. I asked Hannah to have Mad Hatters shrimp delivered for sail away and we will likely swing by one night for The World dessert. Those are pretty much the only two things we like on the menu there.

Guess I'm late to the party, but just returned and saw your post.  Happy Anniversary!  Your vacation is best of both worlds....Disney + Cruise!!!  (Although seems like you could have done without Mickey Mouse).

Enjoy Wonder.  We'll be trying her for next March break.  Have an amazing vacation!  Looking forward to following along.

3 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

(Although seems like you could have done without Mickey Mouse).

I can go the rest of my life without Mickey Mouse and be content lol

2 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

P.S. - Highly recommend a hand held fan for Disney in the summer (and ponchos)

Got it! We don't know how to do Disney any other way other than summer Disney. Price of having to work around school schedules.

Glad you are back safe from Navigator! That is still one ship that I need to sail still. We've booked it several times since it got amped and either traded it for something else or lost it over the pandemic.

Day before we leave...

- Mani/Pedi done

- Everything packed except for the last minute stuff that cannot be done until we leave

- Asked Hubby again how his packing is going. His words were, "terrible". Yikes!

- I was surprised that I got a notification on my phone to do mobile check in for our hotel for Thursday. Usually that doesn't happen until 24 hours out. We requested early check in. Hopefully they can accommodate for that.

- Hannah emailed our schedule to us earlier today. I have zero complaints. She scheduled us for everything that we wanted, at the the times that I requested. This includes Izumi Hibachi for dinner. Zero issues. Hubby and I both agree that this is likely due to the fact that there are only 2 of us, as opposed to 10 of us last cruise. Like I mentioned in the other blog, I suspect that a lot of the compromising we had to do on HM had to do with the fact that there was 10 of us, and there were other star class families with even larger numbers.

34 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I can go the rest of my life without Mickey Mouse and be content lol

Got it! We don't know how to do Disney any other way other than summer Disney. Price of having to work around school schedules.

Glad you are back safe from Navigator! That is still one ship that I need to sail still. We've booked it several times since it got amped and either traded it for something else or lost it over the pandemic.

Haha...I get it.  Disney isn't for everyone.  I bet your husband though will love Star Wars land.  It's pretty impressive (and that's coming from a non-Star Wars fan).  Rise of the Resistance is really cool.

Thanks.  Navigator isn't Oasis class, but it's a pretty nice Voyager ship class.  Hopefully you'll make it one of these days.  Mind you, it's out of LA right now.  (It got us to Diamond, which is why we went all the way for this cruise).

Happy cruising!

14 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

It's pretty impressive (and that's coming from a non-Star Wars fan).  Rise of the Resistance is really cool.

That is what a lot of people are telling me. I will keep an open mind. When I am not busy melting away from the heat lol

15 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Mind you, it's out of LA right now.

I definitely won't be sailing it anytime soon, especially since it's in LA right now. 

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

When I am not busy melting away from the heat

Good luck with that one! People ask how hot is it here... I say it's nice & cool... in my living room.

On the plus side, it's *only* in the low 90's this week. it was in the upper 90's earlier this month. 🙄

I am of the minority, but I loathe the World, so many people love it. Strange😬

Also, I did Disney in Oct and I needed a portable fan. I am not pro or anti Disney, I could go the rest of my life and not visit the parks again........Disney springs restaurants I can do........also Dole Whips. 

But I laugh about your husband and his packing, I hate to say it, but it may be a man thing. My brother and BFF often wait until the night before to pack for long trips and the day of for shorter trips. 

I for one have full faith in Justin (Mr. Sabrina) He can and will get it done with ease. You all should see his Labadee Bare Foot Beach Hide Out, it's fantastic! Plus no extra $$ for the real estate. Sorry @Lovetocruise2002 but my money is on Hubby pulling ahead in the last seconds.......

the way this has my anxiety skyrocketing… 😂🫠😅 PLEASE PACK, MR SABRINA!!! 

[panics in travel anxiety]

You and me both! I keep asking him how he functions in life like this.

Meanwhile D14 is truly his daughter. I mentioned earlier that she started volunteering at a kids camp this week. I told her to pack her stuff for the grandparents house on Sunday. Did she listen? Nope. She was running around last night trying to pack only to realize that half of what she needed was dirty. So off she goes to my mom's house later with one packing cube of clean clothes and one packing cube of dirty clothes lol

I don't know how either one of those two function in life lol

I for one have full faith in Justin (Mr. Sabrina) He can and will get it done with ease. You all should see his Labadee Bare Foot Beach Hide Out, it's fantastic! Plus no extra $$ for the real estate. Sorry @Lovetocruise2002 but my money is on Hubby pulling ahead in the last seconds.......

You are right! I woke up this morning to find his carry on all all zipped up and at the door and checked luggage is all organized. Opposite attract I guess 😆

@Lovetocruise2002 I knew he would prevail!!!!! I have a question already about the cabin. I believe I heard somewhere there is a secret elevator or stair case (uh, eww) for Star Aqua Suites to get to the Suites deck. I ask for feedback regarding this "tale" I am so happy you are sailing in that location, while it might be a little walk it's worth it for that cabin. And I promise you while deck 18 was nice, I personally totally prefer #deck 17 on the previous Oasis class ships. (My reason for choosing @OCSC Mike's cabin for my Utopia sailing.) Deck 18 (my week) did not have that "suite feel".  It was a busy space and a bit daunting when the elevator wait was forever ONLY to be packed tight when it finally arrived with people from WJ in tow with plates of food, eww...everyone breathing on it 🤢 of brother how I digress. The trauma of my sailing, lol! 

@OCSC Mike's cabin

I will accept ownership of said cabin, lol. If we do another family cruise in June 2025 I'd love to return to it on either Wonder or Utopia (assuming they're still sailing from PC).

Until then, OCSC Mike's cabins are interiors on Wonder, somewhere between decks 9-11, opposite the OV balconies in the main hallway. 🤣

#backtofrugalcruising

I saw them out the Walmart and was like meh. But since I live in Chicago, I might give them a try. 

The Dole Whip was a self service machine situation on the Disney Wish concierge sun deck. The line at the bar was to add rum to them. One professional I saw did make his to enjoy the DCL experience to the max. Grabbed that cup, added a shot of rum, then over to the Dole Whip machine and then a rum floater. That man smiled like crazy, he was fun to watch!

This Instagram reel made me think of Justin. Not sure if it will be accessible through the link.  Role reversal. 🤣

That is one part him, and one part me. Did I ever tell you guys how last year when we went to London, he made us go around Trafalgar Square and re-create pics that we took back in 2005 when we visited. The kids were so mad at him cause it took forever. That part made me laugh.

The planning part with the app, that is all me. I will count my blessings if he can do his part at 7am Friday morning. He has been tasked with using his phone to grab the Individual Lighting Lane purchase for Rise of Resistance while I tackle the Genie+ stuff on my phone.

☑️Checked in for flight.

☑️Made sure that everything is linked into My Disney app. (Have I mentioned how much I dislike Disney and all things Disney, the app is not exception)

☑️Bags are packed.

☑️Gave last minute instructions to almost D17 for taking care of things around the house.

Just waiting for Hubby to get home so that we can head out!

Wait, for all of you who are packing prior to the night before the trip - what about the wrinkles?! I bought the 3oz Downy spray everyone suggests, but it doesn’t actually do anything once I’m on board. I always pack the night before we go so my dresses spend less time rolled up inside my bag! I do, however, start my packing list years in advance, hahaha.

PS. I also reeeeally like both Star Wars rides (only been to 'Land in California, though) and I am also not a Star Wars fan at all. Rise of the Resistance is my favorite ride now! It’s that awesome! 

That is one part him, and one part me. Did I ever tell you guys how last year when we went to London, he made us go around Trafalgar Square and re-create pics that we took back in 2005 when we visited. The kids were so mad at him cause it took forever. That part made me laugh.

OMG, that's Cabash yesterday. Cabash and Kiddo went to Typhoon Lagoon to destress, kiddo is taking an Honors Anatomy class as well as volunteering and working so a day in the water park seemed great! ( I had an old gift card so even better) 

They left early ( I stayed home) and I received multiple pictures recreated from when she was about 4. Oh she was not happy! They closed the park though, about 30,000 steps later so pure blissful exhaustion. 

But yes we do that photo thing here to, it is fun to compare when it's all over!

Safe travels, have an amazing flight.

I knew your husband would pull through despite the direness of the situation. 

I found the key to Downey wrinkle release is to do this after a shower. In fact, I always unpack first, shower before that first night's dinner and release all the wrinkles then. But most of my clothing doesn't keep wrinkles that bad I am often packed at least a week before departure. 

The Westin Detroit Metro Airport 

When we have an early flight, we like to stay overnight at this property. Back 20 years ago, when we were younger, we did not mind getting up and driving over to DTW at 3am. Now, we are older and wiser, and we value our sleep 😉

As most of you know, we usually fly Delta. This property is the best because it is located inside McNamara Terminal and it is literally steps away from TSA. We can usually leave the room, check our bags, and get through security within 30 mins from here. We will see if that is the case tomorrow morning. 

For now, leaving you with room pics and heading to bed early. It’s going to be a full and busy day tomorrow. 

Traditional King Room

Basic, clean, and perfectly decent for an overnight stay. 

IMG_7780.thumb.jpeg.1a5bc196acbe87b4bce28d779e1da25f.jpeg

IMG_7781.thumb.jpeg.f395c871060278fa4c84ee6091a0396f.jpeg

IMG_7782.thumb.jpeg.ac4946b4ba00d720b54d471a84b09129.jpeg

IMG_7783.thumb.jpeg.b90504da9ca0cfefe3fc3c944614bbe5.jpeg

Omg! This is happening again! 
Disney Springs is toast. Pray that this rescheduled flight does not get cancelled too. 😬 At least we have not checked our bags yet. Air2Sea cannot do anything because Delta already re-booked us. That’s what they said at least. 

Oh no! I'm sorry! Did they give you a reason?

Omg! This is happening again! 
Disney Springs is toast. Pray that this rescheduled flight does not get cancelled too. 😬 At least we have not checked our bags yet. Air2Sea cannot do anything because Delta already re-booked us. That’s what they said at least. 
IMG_7784.thumb.jpeg.48437ccc7eb25df480458781e1ceb69f.jpeg

Call delta to see if you can get on another flight, being in First Class makes it a little harder.  Does the app allow you to change flights. I think because you booked with air to sea it may not allow you to. They should at least be able to put you on Standby for the non stop flights.  Good luck!

@OCSC Mike help us out with the storm situations over there. Yesterday here we had our seasonal downpour at about 1700-1900hrs. What is the timing over in Orlando? This might help @Lovetocruise2002 when rescheduling a non stop into MCO. Lightening shuts down TPA almost every afternoon leaving one stuck on the tarmac with what seems like forever. Maybe we all collectively can get her here with no more delays. The Atlanta stop gives me pause, so crowded and hopefully no changing planes. I'm so invested in her getting here, times like these cement why you always fly in EARLY for sure.