Wanderlust on Wonder of the Seas! (it's me again...Neesa)

Neesa

@Lovetocruise2002 the concierges are Wonderful on the ship. We sat well in the belly of CK for breakfast and it was like being in a different restaurant, i suggest requesting a table opposite the basketball court for a more elevated experience. 

Bed early last night so up early, I like the early mornings on any ship. I have pics of the Solarium but I will post them later, cabash took them on his phone while mine was charging. The walking track is great and I found 3 more ducks this morning. I actually re-hid 2 of them as I had found one from the same family. The Cullen family hides them good, best hiding places yet. Out of the way, tucked off to the side..  in a corner. 

I'm slowing down I know we are doing our best to make the most of our sailing along with our thousands and thousands of new friends. Maybe it seems more crowded because of all the newbies, yes that's it. They are just learning, lol! 

Common sense though is not common. 

Roatan today, skipping the monkeys looking forward to the sloths! A Royal excursion because I was lazy. 

Tonight Tap Factory.

20230629_082036.jpg

Screenshot_20230629_094100_Royal.jpg

2 minutes ago, Neesa said:

the concierges are Wonderful on the ship. We sat well in the belly of CK for breakfast and it was like being in a different restaurant, i suggest requesting a table opposite the basketball court for a more elevated experience.

So glad you're having the same experience we did. I hate telling someone "these guys were great" and then they have a different experience. I wasn't worried about the CK/SL staff though. We sat at the same table for every meal all week since we were a party of 8. The big long oval one fairly close to the entrance. The staff called it "our table" after day one.

4 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Rotana today, skipping the monkeys looking forward to the sloths!

My wife is dying to see the sloths, especially since our private tour of Roatan was lost in 2019 when Harmony couldn't dock in high winds. 😭 Re-do is planned for next June. Can't wait to show her your pics. Have fun!

1 minute ago, Neesa said:

We did for lunch the previous day & dinner that night. There was unforeseen drama and I forgot to take pictures...have no fear, I had it in honor of you and it was yummy...both times!!!

Great, you had tortellini, I'm sure it was lovely (my wife actually had it).

Now bring on the sloth pics! 🤣

@asquared17 the pics from last night were apps. Kiddo being red panda and not feeling well ordered off the kids menu as she wasn't feeling hungry, then a bit dizzy spilled her ice water. It was loud. Apparently the table behind us looked like grandparents with their maybe 8 year old grandson had something to say about her immaturity to be in CK. I'm leaving this here, let's just say it was taken care of swiftly. I was in an outer body situation for a few minutes and forgot the pictures. Did I say there are a lot of newbies on this ship? Lacking manners? 

Anyway after I was done with them I dealt with her, do they matter to us? Then who cares! If people feel elevated to criticize others for something so small, it's clearly their personality flaw, not yours. Get over it! 

Anyway today was a great day! I went into the monkey cage against my better judgement as well. No urine or defication incidents....yay! Kiddo said best day ever...my heart is swelling. 

Very decent excursion, my only complaint is shoving us al on the tiny vehicle with knees in your throat and lots of bumps. It was a fantastic day...

My day hands shake due to his working over sixty years on lamps. I don’t care what people say. We eat in the Windjammer so he can take his time. I go up and get food that he likes. I am glad my parents are on a cruise with me. I don’t care what people say. My parents put four children in college. I am honored and proud of my parents. I have three cruises book with my parents. 

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

asquared17 the pics from last night were apps. Kiddo being red panda and not feeling well ordered off the kids menu as she wasn't feeling hungry, then a bit dizzy spilled her ice water.

first off, how is she feeling now/today?? i want to overnight you all liquid IV and ice packs and aloe, etc like in the hunger games when they airdrop care packages. i know you have access to all of it already, but my italian is coming out for the people i love 💚

SPEAKING of italian coming out….

oh i am gonna FIGHT for her. how DARE someone make her feel worse????? not our girl!!!!

i am sure it was handled as it needed to be, but let’s just say that if you need backup… I AM READY!!!!

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

We did for lunch the previous day & dinner that night. There was unforeseen drama and I forgot to take pictures...have no fear, I had it in honor of you and it was yummy...both times!!!

🥰😍🥰😍🥰

@asquared17 today she is pinky dinky doo! Yes, I got her to bed early with her aloe, and since our excursion was late 1200hrs she was allowed to sleep in and I brought her breakfast French toast which is amazing on this ship in CK. She purchased a huge hat as soon as we hit the pier here in Roatan. Thank you all for all the well wishes, we saw the people this morning in #CK and my hackles went up but I know better, it had to be put away...cabash steered me out of there. He was like oh no, do NOT continue this. Of course he was right, don't tell him please. She caught lots of pokemon here and loved the animals, she said it was her best excursion ever. 

I'm cropping pictures now, you will have them soon.... 

A few pics to start....

The bus was super uncomfortable but the guide, driver and excursion were fan.freaking.tastic.

20230629_152543.jpg

20230629_141008.jpg

20230629_141646.jpg

20230629_122503.jpg

Edited by Neesa
Added pic

Dinner was outstanding. #CK the most crowded I've experienced all week. I'm happy for them, lounge and dining room full but they handled it well. Maybe everyone is finished with their specialty dining?  

I just tried for the first time today the red sangria, it was perfect. 

The green curry was so good I'd order it the rest of the week if I could. The ricotta cheesecake was phenomenal. I forgot the dessert pictures, sometimes I stink at this. Hence the need for @Lovetocruise2002 live blog. 

As the days go on I can once again say with confidence, the ship is good I like it, I just need to sail when it's an "off" week. 

The teens are getting ornery, they have been up here on the suite deck and running the hallways. The doors are always open so the behavior seems to get a bit more reckless or disrespectful Easy to ignore though, the elevators still a pain in my boots. Without further delay, our animal day. 

Note every handler we were with truly loved their animals. They were right there making sure the babies weren't traumatized, we were not a huge group. I could feel the love. 

My cabin zoo has grown...

20230629_195218.jpg

Tap Factory tonight. I saw it on another ship for sure, can't remember which ship. They have improved on it but still not really a fan. The suites section on deck 5 was normal. Suites, Pinnacles, D+, Keys. Plenty of seats. Not the best location, we just sat up there because we were trying to mitigate the really loud audio of late. 

Tomorrow is Effectors 2. Any suggestions as to where to sit so your eardrums are not assaulted? Casta Maya tomorrow, no plans but to hang at the Solarium we hope. 

It's Caribbean night...yay, I'm going to bed, good night!

11 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Was it Odyssey? 

It very well could have been. We did the Odyssey out of Port Everglades in 2021 I believe. They did improve it a bit, but even cabash remembered we saw it, when the half naked guy started his upside down splits Cabash left, never to be seen again.

Lol, I was like seriously? Funny guy! Thanks @Lovetocruise2002 yes I believe it was!

7 minutes ago, Neesa said:

the half naked guy started his upside down splits Cabash left, never to be seen again.

cabash killing me 😂😂😂

43 minutes ago, Neesa said:

asquared17 as soon as she got back even though it wasn't scheduled I had her wash that hair good. All I kept thinking of was some type of insect or mite setting up camp in there

oh yes, i would have done the same!!! but your pics were AWESOME and that is a great memory you all have to share 💚💚

the sloths just hanging contently… they look like they’re having the time of their lives!!!

i love the towel zoo in your cabin, too!

Awesome pictures! Those sloths! Precious.

Very adventurous with rhe monkeys! There's no way I could do that!

So awful that those people were cruel to your daughter! Terrible thing to do. Glad you gave them what they deserve. And that you didn't let it ruin the week. Best excursion ever is high praise and a very happy day. 😊

15 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I am always amazed at how swiftly you can rally. 

This is the one characteristic about @Neesa, above all others, that I most admire and try to emulate.  The ability to leave behind what is behind and move on 100% with what is ahead.

Really enjoying the trip so far Neesa, thanks for including us.

Good morning, day 6 morning report. Started with walk and duck hunt, kudos to the Cullen Family, they are ducking hard. I found this one in a stairwell! Since I have one I brought it to the cabin and took a picture, duck dance and picture over....I took her down to 8 to where I saw a little girl hunting, I bee lined it the other way and placed it in her path.....then followed her at a distance, yikes...I'm a creeper! Well she found it, I was so joyful and no plants were harmed!

Costa Maya we are staying on the ship we have been here before this has always been the plan. The ship is lovely especially when I have it to myself in the morning! As a seasoned cruiser no booking for me after the first week of June. 

Coastal Kitchen this morning, food was amazing and the restaurant was quiet. 

Ask for the Spring water it's so much better then the filtered water.

Some photos from this morning.

20230630_100342.jpg

20230630_100052.jpg

20230630_091226.jpg

20230630_081929.jpg

20230630_092716.jpg

20230630_092726.jpg

2 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Ask for the Spring water it's so much better then the filtered water.

I think we were too busy drinking the strawberry kiwi water (and cocktails). I have that bottle in my fridge; we never opened it so we took it home, lol.

I now understand why you asked if I saw avocado toast while I was doing my blog. 😁

Enjoy your peaceful day. I'm looking forward to the Solarium on our next few trips; we typically spend some time there most days (no suite sun deck of course) and it was really nice walking through it. The big gorilla made for some cute pics.

Would someone help me please? The Cullen ducking is the best I've encountered, their hiding places are refreshing. We are not on FB I put the pics on Instagram, ( my account, only ducks!) But they request the duck area on FB. I want them to know I found 4 in total, one I left and 2 I took and re hid. I am keeping one and will copy their efforts for our graduation cruise next year. 

Congratulations Cullen family.

June 7, 2024 on the Adventure. Everyone's invited!!!

20230630_104106.jpg

I just realized that Royal is flying a pride flag in one of your photos. I wonder if they always do this or just for pride month? Either way kudos to them for being inclusive. And CK take on avocado toast is cracking me up......you would think a Californian/Mediterranean fusion restaurant would do better.

@Ampurp85 my sentiments exactly to your entire post. I think it is for the month of June. The avocado toast is tasty, a little flat but at least on not to salty.

@WAAAYTOOO yes its the flat bread, it was incredible. This CK food is really good. I did blot some of the oil off but it was the best Ive had on any ship.

20230630_110244.jpg

I love your daughter’s Pierce the Veil t-shirt, they’re from my hometown! While I don’t listen to punk rock, my husband does and he actually grew up with the guys in the band. The drummer was voted “Most Likely to be Famous” in their senior yearbook, I wonder how often that’s actually true! 

@DDaley that is amazing. When she purchased the shirt i was with her, i was like what the heck is that, picture me frantically looking them up to make sure it wasn't some satanic dark genre! She loves to lift weights to them. 

I like 70's and below as well as country music.  She IS Cabash! Sometimes.....

Mid day report. Early on waterslides and Solarium. I'm thinking maybe on port days they open house the suite sun deck? Not sure, I had a spot to chill but our family and maybe 2 others were suite guests. The rest who of course chair hogged the really good chairs in pool, of course had regular sea pass cards. Tons of teens brought food up from else where and enjoyed the space. Maybe it is a thing that is normal in the summer. They never close our suite hallway doors so as the week marches on lots of people in the space. I'm thinking maybe it is sanctioned to lure people to purchase suites? Who knows, just be aware while it is beautiful it is not an exclusive space.

The pool deck is a dirty nightmare today, I felt bad for the staff, they just can't keep up. There is garbage everywhere and people everywhere, I can't. I'm really glad I could just walk on through. 

C&A meet and greet was fantastic. 45 minutes of q&a with the entertainment Captains in the music hall. Air conditioning and an intimate setting, very cool. Hosted by the cruise director. They wrapped it up after someone who announced sorry I'm late I just got back onboard was screaming incoherently to them. It was then they said their goodbyes.

Very nice day, just a lot of people. Lobster night tonight. 

Oh, el Loco Fresh we had a snack, very good. Very crowded so we grabbed some grub and ate at the table in our cabin. Onboard time from Costa Maya was 1430 so everyone who left was back on the ship early. 

I was surprised at how very fresh everything was. 

Looking forward to a nice evening, CK and the Effectors 2

20230630_145759.jpg

Screenshot_20230630_163608_Royal.jpg

15 minutes ago, Neesa said:

They never close our suite hallway doors

It was the same for us but we never noticed any "intruders." You can close them yourself, but of course that only helps if the next person doesn't prop them back open. We mostly didn't care but did a couple times.

15 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Oh, el Loco Fresh we had a snack, very good. Very crowded so we grabbed some grub and ate at the table in our cabin. Onboard time from Costa Maya was 1430 so everyone who left was back on the ship early. 

I was surprised at how very fresh everything was.

I mentioned this in my blog but I enjoyed the tacos there. Wasn't a fan of the pre-made burritos and the guac was terrible. Quick walk from the suite area, of course. I took some back to our cabin as well as eating at the bar opposite the food when I was on a solo snack run. I suspect I'll be stopping by more often on our future Wonder cruises.

If you ever pass on the beach club, the taco bars on CocoCay are even better.