Wanderlust on Wonder of the Seas! (it's me again...Neesa)

Neesa

P.S. i know this is a wildly unpopular opinion here, but i really despise how Royal conflates loyalty status with suite perks. I hate how they're often in the same pool. I do not begrudge Pinnacles their due, but that's absolute nonsense that Pinnacles trump Sky Class in what you described for boarding. Batman and i have a joke when something happens we don't appreciate...  "this is going in the comment card!" 🤣 That .... would definitely trigger that joke for us!

Ducking success, 1600hrs Central Park! I just took mine out of my carry on! Stateroom hosts very friendly, they were so happy when we told them we had no additional luggage. It's crowded right now, I took the stairs, I just could not get on those elevators...disgusting. From 5 up to 18, but I did take a break or two.  Oh, I asked the Loyalty ambassador when I dropped off my crystal block request paperwork, 6,800 guests! Wow! Right now anyway you can feel it but I'm sure it won't be the same as the week goes on. 

Some more pics!

Resized_20230625_160100.jpeg

Resized_20230625_155551.jpeg

Resized_20230625_161802.jpeg

Resized_20230625_153503.jpeg

Resized_20230625_154753.jpeg

Resized_20230625_155014.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Neesa said:

From 5 up to 18

Good for you!

I did 6 to 17 after an aqua show and wasn’t sure I’d make it, lol. Exercise is not my friend but I have no patience for elevators.

On a normal cruise, we usually book a deck somewhere in between the pool deck & promenade so I can take the stairs in either direction without it being too bad.

On 6/24/2023 at 3:18 PM, Neesa said:

Oh my RUB still says submitted, it's a minimum bid but after booking the super ridiculous priced Utopia yesterday IF I win the ability to pay more for the upgrade I might be begging for forgiveness. I'm not canceling it though, taheeheehee🤣.  The weather is good everywhere and the ship is sold out so I'm probably good, but canceling my chance just goes against my grain. Oops, oh, I forgot I did that, it was so long ago. 

Screenshot_20230624_161949_Samsung Internet.jpg

I tell hubby all the time our cruises just book themselves. Yes, I booked Utopia. Hubby doesn’t know it yet.

Dinner at #CK was amazing! I only remembered some pictures, so sorry. I'm not a phone at the table person so it was a bit odd for me. I'm a fan of the size if the restaurant space and decor, our server was fantastic. I find myself not really loving the new location of it, you look at basketball court or mini golf, I think it takes away from the ambiance of the space. It was not crowded at all, I was so surprised. The lounge was packed for happy hour but everyone left, we ate at 1745hrs. 

@WAAAYTOOOTiny table on balcony and the chairs are so comfortable. 

Pics of the filet, cut to show medium temp, burrata  and some snails. All delicious. Desserts were also good but I forgot pictures.

20230625_173320.jpg

20230625_172444.jpg

20230625_181416.jpg

20230625_174145.jpg

20230625_174141.jpg

20230625_175707.jpg

20230625_174627.jpg

20230625_183912.jpg

2 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Dinner at #CK was amazing!

Only been in CK on 2 sailings (as you know) but night one filet was one of the best meals of the week both times.

3 minutes ago, Neesa said:

It was not crowded at all, I was so surprised.

It was similar for us earlier this month. It did get crowded once or twice later in the week but most nights it wasn't crowded at all.

OMG sitting on our balcony, it's loud we can hear the music and basketball court maybe? But, and I mean I'm floored, the smell of Marijuana is well...potent. 

Anyway, going tonight to the inTense water show for 2030 and then an early turn in. Coco Cay tomorrow. We are skipping breakfast and heading out to the Beach Club. 

The cabin is turned down and so far so good! 

9 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Ugh. That view isn’t great, is it ?

No, not at all. I am not a fan of the placement of CK on this ship. It definitely takes away from an elevated ambiance. Not my favorite, but the food was amazing and so was our server. This is one CK where window seats are not to be desired for sure. 

Now looking on the bright side of things, with everything going on in the world right now different narratives being spewed and feelings being manipulated to show the worst in humanity, that basketball situation did show me what I always believed to be true, hatred is stoked pointedly. 

The mix of people playing together on that court were all so different, I even saw one girl. From my perch it looked as everyone was having a great time and respect was all over that court. Now that warmed my heart immensely. 

Random stuff! InTense was intense. The all female show really showed off amazing athleticism. We needed reservations and they guarded the entrance. We arrived at 2000 for the show at 2030. The area set aside for us was already full. It was only two rows, it was reserved for Pinnacles, Keys, Sky and D+. We found seating else where. Glad we did, the entire section got wet, the Star class family in the front got a true bath. We were happy that area was full. Very random but all bench seating now, no chairs with cup holders. No biggie just thought I'd mention. 

* I would have enjoyed music with this show, I think they sold the performers short with the soundtrack they used. Loud, it was loud, my teeth hurt and my ears rang, it just became louder and louder so unnecessary.  The volume was slightly uncomfortable for me. Pounding base and drum beat, cashmere by led zeppelin was the only discernable music I could detect. No need to see this one again.  

Upstairs shower really slippery, must be very careful if you are going to use soap, lol! 

I want to check again but I think the two Star suites at the end of the hall are entered on 19. Our hallway is quiet down here only one other cabin past us. I'm going to grab pictures of the gorgeous grandiose entrances of them. (The Star cabins)

Picture of the bed turned down for kiddo. 

Tomorrow Coco cay beach club, good night.

20230625_194628.jpg

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

WTH on not letting Sky class in the suites area???

and this is why we are friends  😂 i’m cackling this was my immediate response as i was reading through neesa’s observations. 

2 hours ago, Neesa said:

want to check again but I think the two Star suites at the end of the hall are entered on 19. Our hallway is quiet down here only one other cabin past us. I'm going to grab pictures of the gorgeous grandiose entrances of them. (The Star cabins)

the peace and quiet i hope you have due to this makes me quite happy indeed. 

can’t wait for beach club observations tomorrow!!!

6 hours ago, asquared17 said:

can’t wait for beach club observations tomorrow!!

Same. While my frugality doesn’t find it worth it, the food there was very good on my 2 trips. Ceviche, filet, coconut crusted lobster sandwich, etc. from Beach Club were all excellent a few weeks ago.

But so is the included food. Snack Shack funnel cake beats the Beach Club desserts for us.

Looking forward to pics!

Good morning Coco Cay day. Yay, 6,800 people exiting the ship! Kiddo at the gym already so we will head on out when she gets back. 

Cabin observations: 

15 steps to get upstairs

The TV upstairs seems either closer to the bed or bigger. It took a minute to acclimate myself as I felt like I was in the first row in a theater with a huge screen. It doesn't go back into the ceiling, the stateroom representative tried as well, it's down and staying that way. 

I do like the ability to set the temperature and lights via the app. Of course it does not work with the TV. 

The bed I believe splits. I can feel the two beds pushed together and bed is hard I'm sure because it's newer. My DCL bed was so much more comfortable. Of course this cabin is better as a whole, no comparison. 

Chris is the cruise director.

20230626_072349.jpg

20230626_074355.jpg

20230626_074407.jpg

@WAAAYTOOO I try not to complain because it looks ugly on me, but I feel like this time around even on day 2 the suite program is being tampered with and not in a good way. You want special, purchase Star class otherwise enjoy your bigger cabin! The sky amenities are diminished on this ship. At the port our embarkation lady posted in our holding area said they only put suites in general pop boarding on the Wonder because there are so many suites. FYI they tried to put us in the general check in long line as well, I knew where to go from previous sailings so I ignored the calls and went to the proper desk....with no line.

A subtle but so far very noticeable decline in Sky class for sure. Good news they say it's only this ship. 

I almost feel an undercurrent of disdain for Suite guests other then Star of course. I am interested in @Lovetocruise2002 experience in a few weeks. 

17 minutes ago, Neesa said:

At the port our embarkation lady posted in our holding area said they only put suites in general pop boarding on the Wonder because there are so many suites.

A subtle but so far very noticeable decline in Sky class for sure. Good news they say it's only this ship. 

I almost feel an undercurrent of disdain for Suite guests other then Star of course.

I hate reading this & find it so odd b/c it was nothing like that on our cruise just 3 weeks ago.

I have limited experience in Sky Class so you’re better equipped to judge things, but if anything, we had a similar or better experience in Sky Class than we did on Harmony a year ago. Part of that was the CK/SL staff, but we had no issues with the boarding or amenities.

We also only sat in the reserved section in the main theater & don’t really care where we sit for shows.

I know I’m easily pleased none of us had a single complaint.

Anyway, enjoy Cococay!

@OCSC Mike I truly hope it is just this sailing, maybe people were scolded at a staff meeting or something. #CK I have zero complaints about besides the new location, but say la vee! Still making the most of our sailing, I'm so glad I didn't win the RUB, getting around even this morning is a bit tough. I'm looking for only positives today! I found the 3rd guy!!

20230626_084922.jpg

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

I almost feel an undercurrent of disdain for Suite guests other then Star of course. I am interested in @Lovetocruise2002 experience in a few weeks. 

I actually am starting to feel really annoyed just reading all of this. When we sailed Sky on Symphony for NYE a few months back it was not like this at all. I mean, it wasn't star, but the Sky class perks were all still there. Let us know how the rest of the week plays out.

So far today is beautiful. I am hoping and thinking this was a one off for the Sky experience. Tonight is Voices, will see if the reserved area is just as small. I will most likely sit somewhere else but now I'm curious. We are thankful to be the only ship on the Island today. This day started out a little rainy but is glorious now. Lunch was crazy good, and a nurse shark with her baby swam by us, I'm pretty sure they asked for @asquared17

We skipped breakfast and came out here around 9:30. It did take a hot second to get an elevator this morning, windjammer guests with food were going up to go down. The elevators getting to 18 continue to be a hot mess. I would have walked down but 18 decks would have made me dizzy. All good we took @asquared17 advice and walked right to the beach club. It's a beautiful way to spend the day on the island. Some pics to follow. Today is definitely redeeming from yesterday's strange affair.

Day at the Beach Club!  Cabash is very happy, he wants to always come here. I said only if the price is right! Wait what, did we change roles?

Appetizers, they brought it all. Kiddo had burger and lobster sandwich. We had Ceasars salads (no pics) cabash lobster me grouper. Fresh and fantastic! Fruit for dessert, a little fan to keep away the insects.  I'm really thinking things will get better from here. There had to be a catalyst for yesterday... we will never know but something was way off. I'm moving on from it and enjoying the rest of this trip. Sorry my pictures aren't that great.

20230626_100003.jpg

20230626_095555.jpg

20230626_100019.jpg

20230626_100032.jpg

20230626_095825.jpg

20230626_100254.jpg

20230626_110704.jpg

20230626_110655.jpg

20230626_111632.jpg

20230626_113931.jpg

20230626_113934.jpg

20230626_113943.jpg

20230626_113948.jpg

24 minutes ago, Neesa said:

a nurse shark with her baby swam by us, I'm pretty sure they asked for @asquared17

please give my very best regards 😅😂😅😆

25 minutes ago, Neesa said:

All good we took @asquared17 advice and walked right to the beach club. It's a beautiful way to spend the day on the island. Today is definitely redeeming from yesterday's strange affair.

the nearly straight line walk over is worth the adventure and then i feel great about skipping my exercise/morning walk for the day 😂 

i’m SO GLAD your beach club experience is redeeming it all!!! i know it is pricy but there is a level of peace and quiet there that we were hard pressed to find elsewhere on the island. (not saying it isn’t there, just that we didn’t find it 😂) it’s one of my all time favorite stops/excursions 💚

soooo happy to hear “my” sanctuary has become yours as well 💚💚

Beach Club looks really empty. Not a fan of the food but I could eat the pita bread all day.

I think the whole thing with your suite embarkation is a very PC thing. I did a S2S2S from there and all three of my embarkations were different. The first I was in a suite, used that line and didn't have to remove laptop. Second, I was Star and did have to remove the laptop. Third......you get the picture. I feel like the employees and their knowledge shift and change with embarkation. But hopefully things are all uphill from here.

I also agree that shows are too loud, maybe this is why I often find the voices sound bad and not cohesive.