Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Has anyone repriced a cruise recently??


Recommended Posts

I admit that I only have 5 booked cruises that I monitor for price decreases.  Two of the cruises were a lift and shift where the price guarantee was much lower than the price in 2022.  The other 3 cruises are spaced out in 2021.   I have only seen price increases in a long time although there seems to be ample availability --- no fun!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Book early, book often.  

Over the years I have enjoyed a few price drops but my general observation is one of prices increasing as time moves forward toward the cruise date.

The number of available cruises that can be booked has been fixed for sometime now since the bulk of 2022 hasn't been released.  More people are booking what is available to book.  There is pent up demand and even new to cruise are starting look and book as everyone is tired of being stuck at or near home.  Supply and demand principles so prices typically aren't expected to be going lower.

I did enjoy a lower price for adding a guest to a Star Class booking in 2022.  I had been quoted one price but when I pulled the trigger the actual cost was very low, some $1,200 less for that guest.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twangster said:

Book early, book often.

More and more it seems like book for 2021 and lift and shift and HOPEFULLY cruise in 2022. 

I have no idea if my 2021 cruises will be some of first cruises selected to happen.  Because of the likely limited capacity,  I can't be sure that my stateroom won't be cancelled if the cruise happens.  Then, if my Jan 2021 cruise happens, I doubt that I want to be one of the first to take a cruise.  I just as well lift and shift that cruise now and pretend it was a good deal compared to the listed 2022 price.   I could also look forward to my first B2B in 2022.

I have 5 cruises between Jan 2021 and Jan 2022 and I don't need any more.  It would be nice if the rest of the 2022 schedule was released because I would also likely lift and shift my Trans Atlantic  for April 2021  to April 2022!  

I can't afford to wait past the final payment date to decide because that would involve shelling out even more money.  I already have two nearly fully paid for cruises over a year from now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, crisgold52 said:

Booking early and often is good however with many people it's often a call as to how much money one wants to have tied up with the cruise lines I mean having one cruise booked is good but having multiple booked at times can seem excessive as the rate of return on interest in the bank is also better than no interest with money sitting at the cruise company. 😉

For me, it is not wanting to buy anymore FCCs. 

Also, it doesn't seem sensible to pay a much higher price for a refundable fare when the prices are going up --- then, I'm stuck with the refundable price.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I scored a fantastic price drop (almost $2000) back in June for SY in August 2021. That was a star class sailing. 
My latest drop (about $500) was on August 3rd, for a CLS on Oasis sailing next June. Those are my two most recent ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

I mean having one cruise booked is good but having multiple booked at times can seem excessive

Hmm...here at Royal Caribbean Blog, we firmly believe in “YOLO! Book It!” No such thing as too many or excessive. 😜

D5B59E4D-C7B6-42C1-9831-B70798DB6F1D.jpeg.f9a032e96a43f9c761667cd792f609d7.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

After a long period of pestering we finally convinced good friends of ours to cruise with us and are booked on Anthem out of NJ in Dec 21. We have booked through MEI but as it will be their very first time cruising I am acting as the point person for them. They have a balcony cabin for their family of 4 and repricing has saved them a total of USD 2,424 so they are super pleased... we are now keeping everything crossed that we will actually get to sail so they can see first hand just how good an experience they will be getting for their money! 🙏 ☺️

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ian T said:

After a long period of pestering we finally convinced good friends of ours to cruise with us and are booked on Anthem out of NJ in Dec 21. We have booked through MEI but as it will be their very first time cruising I am acting as the point person for them. They have a balcony cabin for their family of 4 and repricing has saved them a total of USD 2,424 so they are super pleased... we are now keeping everything crossed that we will actually get to sail so they can see first hand just how good an experience they will be getting for their money! 🙏 ☺️

Wouldn't that be fantastic if your cruise happens!  We are booked on the Anthem TransAtlantic to Southampton in April-May 2021.  It was originally planned for April 2020 so a bit delayed but still booked.  That cruise was what precipitated this post.  I have monitored the price since we rebooked it since the 2021 cruise cost more than it did in 2020.  Lift and shift wasn't available at the time.  That price hasn't budged either higher or lower in close to 6 months.

If your cruise is a go than I assume our cruise may also happen!  At this stage, I don't really care if the price decreases and I only hope it happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

Booking early and often is good however with many people it's often a call as to how much money one wants to have tied up with the cruise lines I mean having one cruise booked is good but having multiple booked at times can seem excessive as the rate of return on interest in the bank is also better than no interest with money sitting at the cruise company. 😉

The deposit is all that needs to be "tied up" with the cruise line until final payment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 7:04 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I scored a fantastic price drop (almost $2000) back in June for SY in August 2021. That was a star class sailing. 
My latest drop (about $500) was on August 3rd, for a CLS on Oasis sailing next June. Those are my two most recent ones.

So great; I love a good price drop! I think I should just copy your cruise itineraries. Lol  I am still hoping to get one on our star class sailings Easter 2021 and Easter 2022. I got 2-3 price drops on our Christmas 2019 cruise so there may be hope yet for Easter.  🤷‍♀️ 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm obsessed with price checking and will do mock bookings regularly, almost daily....but as of now, I only have 1 cruise that realistically we can ever see  a price drop.  For that one (August on Freedom) we have gone from an interior to a spacious balcony (back corner).  Including room upgrades, we have 14 re-bookings of that one.  The price is mostly up again but I do keep checking.

For the others, they have either gone up tons since booking, or they are a result of a lift and sift where the actual price for that date is way higher than the lifted and sifted price.  Sometimes for fun, I'll look at the original cost and even the old price (before doing the lift and sift) has gone up.

PS - In my daily price checking, I've noticed that the price changes on Wednesdays, and sometimes on Fridays there will be a bit of a savings if they add in some promotion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...