Closer to cruising?

11 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

That's a positive sign, but I'm not seeing access to  Caribbean ports on horizon yet.   Alaska may remain out of play for 2021 as VBC doesn't want to open the port to cruise ships yet.   I think even PR has a quarantine requirement.  :38_worried:

Planning an Alaska road trip as a backup if my Radiance sailing gets cancelled in June.

I just checked my first sailings, which are Nov. 6 and 13 on NAV.  We had already checked in but when I went to look at the boarding passes it made me pick a boarding time.  This was not there when we did the original check-in last week.  The earliest time was 2:30.  We chose 2:30.

Now....I fully expect these cruises to be cancelled, but it's nice to see that they are implementing boarding protocols.  It's a step in the right direction, even if these particular cruises don't happen.

16 hours ago, mjb1127 said:

Planning an Alaska road trip as a backup if my Radiance sailing gets cancelled in June.

Careful...Canada is very restricted and closed right now...and even though Americans can drive through to get to Alaska..be prepared to be harassed at the very least and have locals call the police on you and follow you through Canada. Then you have to deal with lots of rules about masks, social distancing and many places closed as a result of Covid…..I would be way of making ANY plans that involve Canada for the next 2-3 years as our chief medical officer has essentially said Canada is closed and will be closed for years to come, even if a vaccine comes out.

17 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I just checked my first sailings, which are Nov. 6 and 13 on NAV.  We had already checked in but when I went to look at the boarding passes it made me pick a boarding time.  This was not there when we did the original check-in last week.  The earliest time was 2:30.  We chose 2:30.

Now....I fully expect these cruises to be cancelled, but it's nice to see that they are implementing boarding protocols.  It's a step in the right direction, even if these particular cruises don't happen.

I just checked in for my Nov 4th cruise and the earliest I can board is 2:30 as well. I believe that 2:30 is the earliest anyone will be able to select since they have to a serious deep cleaning now of the rooms.

3 hours ago, Dimension said:

I just checked in for my Nov 4th cruise and the earliest I can board is 2:30 as well. I believe that 2:30 is the earliest anyone will be able to select since they have to a serious deep cleaning now of the rooms.

This conversation prompted me to check in for our Nov Allure trip, and 2:30 was our earliest also. 

9 minutes ago, PRebecca said:

This conversation prompted me to check in for our Nov Allure trip, and 2:30 was our earliest also. 

Well this is something NEW! I had an October 17 on Symphony canceled and check in was normal. Got a noon boarding time. So this 2:30 thing definitely is different. What are y’all’s C&A status, suite or Key? I’m wondering if 2:30 is suites, Key and Diamond and up boarding time. 

4 hours ago, Jill said:

Well this is something NEW! I had an October 17 on Symphony canceled and check in was normal. Got a noon boarding time. So this 2:30 thing definitely is different. What are y’all’s C&A status, suite or Key? I’m wondering if 2:30 is suites, Key and Diamond and up boarding time

Appears to be first come first serve. We're central park balcony and our check-in is for 2:30.

14 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Careful...Canada is very restricted and closed right now...and even though Americans can drive through to get to Alaska..be prepared to be harassed at the very least and have locals call the police on you and follow you through Canada. Then you have to deal with lots of rules about masks, social distancing and many places closed as a result of Covid…..I would be way of making ANY plans that involve Canada for the next 2-3 years as our chief medical officer has essentially said Canada is closed and will be closed for years to come, even if a vaccine comes out.

Oh no, sorry I wasn’t clear.   I meant I would fly to Alaska and then pickup a rental car.

18 hours ago, Jill said:

Well this is something NEW! I had an October 17 on Symphony canceled and check in was normal. Got a noon boarding time. So this 2:30 thing definitely is different. What are y’all’s C&A status, suite or Key? I’m wondering if 2:30 is suites, Key and Diamond and up boarding time. 

I think it is what Dimension and JasonL posted earlier...more time to deep clean so later time to board.  

10 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

What most people that don't realise is that while land borders stay closed to non essential travel one is free to fly as often as they want on or out of the country. Just remember the 14 day quarantine upon landing at your final destination. It's an enforceable quarantine as well. Who would want to drive up to Alaska on a car when flying is much faster. No harassment there as long as theres no US plates. 

I am confused there is no quarantine in Alaska as long as you have a negative covid test within 72 hours of flying.   My cruise is from Seward to Vancouver.  If its doesnt sail, will do a road trip in Alaska only.