Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Not your usual "they cancelled my cruise" post...?


Recommended Posts

I was originally booked for September 27-October 4 on Oasis from Bayonne, and as a first time cruiser I LOVE the itinerary.  So instead of wallowing in despair of my cruise being cancelled, I'm thinking about going on Anthem with the same itinerary in February/March.

Has anyone done the Anthem 7 night Bahamas cruise from Cape Liberty cruise before?  What do you think of Anthem?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I posted this EXACT post, word for word, around a month ago:   Even the subject line is the same.   😔

I like the idea of a 70s party....but if its not like Dazed and Confused, im going to be disappointed. 

Its one of my fav things that Royal does....every CD or ship has their own spin on it.....now some are doing 80's and 90's too.....those are always dont miss items for me on the Cruise Compass!

8 minutes ago, Thecatlady said:

I was originally booked for September 27-October 4 on Oasis from Bayonne, and as a first time cruiser I LOVE the itinerary.  So instead of wallowing in despair of my cruise being cancelled, I'm thinking about going on Anthem with the same itinerary in February/March.

Has anyone done the Anthem 7 night Bahamas cruise from Cape Liberty cruise before?  What do you think of Anthem?

Nope not yet, but if you choose the 6th Feb 8 day sailing you may well see us on board! 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Thecatlady said:

Has anyone done the Anthem 7 night Bahamas cruise from Cape Liberty cruise before?  What do you think of Anthem?

I did it a few years ago in March.  Here is my blog on it.  Lots of thoughts...

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5780-anthem-of-the-seas-march-9-17-2018/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not yet. Had that exact cruise booked this past March but it was in the first group that got cancelled. Rebooked for Dec bit recently lifted and sifted to next Dec. We even have it booked a second time as an additional backup in 2022. I'm almost obsessed with trying Anthem and this itinerary (CoCo Cay, Kennedy Space Center). Don't even mind that it won't be hot weather. Ship looks really neat and different . So no personal thoughts to share but agree it looks like a great cruise 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I realize I've been and continue to be a negative nellie about this, but think hard about Feb 2021 and how realistically cruises can be expecting to sail again. Especially to the Bahamas, when they just closed their borders to all US citizens today with no stated expiration.

I get what you're saying.  I'm also usually a negative Nancy myself.  But this isn't a usual run-of-the-mill vacation for me, my original cruise was booked to celebrate me being cancer free.  I'm young, I could have easily been a statistic, and I know I'm being too positive and almost naive about The Bahamas reopening, but I have so much hope for 2021.  2019 was such a horrible year for me, 2020 took my celebration away, so now I'm keeping my fingers crossed 2021 will be absolutely epic for all of us ❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I did it a few years ago in March.  Here is my blog on it.  Lots of thoughts...

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5780-anthem-of-the-seas-march-9-17-2018/

 

So pretty much stay away from the WJ 😉. I loved your review!  Thank you!!

For what it's worth, I stay away from buffets for the most part too.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MelKaps said:

I haven’t done Anthem out of Bayonne, but I did Explorer out of Bayonne in 2013. My advice is to dress warm in the beginning and end of the cruise since it is cold in February. It takes a day or two to hit warmer weather. You also hit the cold by the last day, too. 

I'm an upstate New Yorker, that frigid air is every day life for a good two or three months.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Thecatlady said:

I'm an upstate New Yorker, that frigid air is every day life for a good two or three months.  

We have been on this itinerary in February and thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact we have it booked twice more. I highly recommend it. 

Also being from upstate NY I find Bayonne in February balmy 😁. There was plenty of room at the sky bar on embarkation day ... while I relaxed with a cocktail wearing my shorts enjoying the ambiance 🍸😁😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

We have been on this itinerary in February and thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact we have it booked twice more. I highly recommend it. 

Also being from upstate NY I find Bayonne in February balmy 😁. There was plenty of room at the sky bar on embarkation day ... while I relaxed with a cocktail wearing my shorts enjoying the ambiance 🍸😁😁

You would get along great with my better half, I swear sometimes I think he was born in Sineria instead of New York State.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also upstate NY resident. I've sailed NYC in January nearly froze my wife out of the room (had to be on balcony for sail away and left door open).

We have sailed out of Bayonne in late March to Caribbean on Explorer, wasn't too bad especially by the second day.

We have sailed on Anthem to Bermuda 3 times. Don't have a blog or any public pictures, but she's a great ship with tons to offer. I'm obsessed with the solarium! You will not be disappointed.

Edited by sk8erguy1978
Removed repeating
Link to post
Share on other sites

First part of this B2B was a 7 night to the Bahamas:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5068-anthem-112517-712-b2b

I love Anthem.  Sailed her four times, the last in January of this year.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5387-anthem-11918-9-night-bahamas/

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/17677-anthem-jan-5-2020-11-nights-southern-caribbean-recap/

I was supposed to sail her to Southampton in April but the pandemic happened.  I will sail her again, lots of good memories.  I turned Diamond and Pinnacle on her so she'll always have a special place in my heart.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Thecatlady said:

2019 was such a horrible year for me, 2020 took my celebration away, so now I'm keeping my fingers crossed 2021 will be absolutely epic for all of us ❤️

I am so very happy for you being cancer free!  You keep that positive attitude! Things will go your way for sure.  You deserve it!! Such wonderful news for you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Thecatlady said:

I get what you're saying.  I'm also usually a negative Nancy myself.  But this isn't a usual run-of-the-mill vacation for me, my original cruise was booked to celebrate me being cancer free.  I'm young, I could have easily been a statistic, and I know I'm being too positive and almost naive about The Bahamas reopening, but I have so much hope for 2021.  2019 was such a horrible year for me, 2020 took my celebration away, so now I'm keeping my fingers crossed 2021 will be absolutely epic for all of us ❤️

I can totally relate! My canceled May cruise was to celebrate 3 1/2 years NED from Stage 4b endometrial cancer. We rebooked for October to celebrate 4 years NED. If that gets canceled (which it most likely will), then we’ll look at next May to use our FCC’s. That’ll be 4 1/2 years NED. 
 

But by golly my October 2021 Odyssey Italy/Greece had better sail because I’m hoping and praying to be 5 years NED and officially into Remission. 
 

I was given a 15% chance of making it 5 years and we’ve been taking cruises to celebrate each milestone towards Remission. So bummed about no cruise(s). 
 

Congrats to you though! ❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Thecatlady said:

I was originally booked for September 27-October 4 on Oasis from Bayonne, and as a first time cruiser I LOVE the itinerary.  So instead of wallowing in despair of my cruise being cancelled, I'm thinking about going on Anthem with the same itinerary in February/March.

Has anyone done the Anthem 7 night Bahamas cruise from Cape Liberty cruise before?  What do you think of Anthem?

I was supposed to be on this same cruise with my husband and in-laws 😭! Personally, if I am going on a cruise, I would prefer to leave from somewhere warm. I'm from Western NY, and the weather is very unpredictable. You could leave in the middle of a snow storm with temps in the teens or you could luck out and leave with temps in the upper 30s low 40 (depending on when you would be leaving in March). I don't think you could go wrong with staying in the Oasis class. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you can sail then!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

You will make it to the 5 years! Odyssey or not, you'll find another place/cruise to celebrate this fabulous milestone!

I sure hope so! I have a hereditary cancer gene (Lynch Syndrome) that has about a dozen cancers in the syndrome. Since I’ve had one, I have an 80% chance of developing another. We’ve lived on a small horse farm for 20 years and rarely traveled. Now we can and we can’t. 🙁

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...