Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Oasis...crown loft vs owner’s suite


Recommended Posts

I’m looking at an Oasis 7 night Western Caribbean sailing. It would be 2 adults and 2 kids (14 and 6).  I get the loft is on 17 so close to the lounge and CK and the additional bathroom is a HUGE plus. From what I’ve seen in photos and video walkthroughs, the OS is larger with larger balcony, plus I like the fact it has a large table so we could eat in room more comfortably. 
 

We will be sailing on Allure in a 2 bedroom AQ a few months before this one. 
 

Which would you pick?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was making that exact comparison and decision for our October Oasis sailing. Both are excellent options and both have notable features and Sky class perks.  The larger balcony , larger bathroom with walk in shower, extra space and proximity to the elevator for access to our favorite venues were pluses for the owners suite. The loft being on deck 17 for the view and access to CK and the lounge are attractive features. In the end, it came down to location of the available lofts that caused us to book the owners suite. The lofts available were in the back with their balconies facing the sports courts. Had they been ocean facing, it would have been a closer competition. One caveat with the owners suite, there are some with a pole in the entrance area. Specifically, 14640 as it is under splashaway bay. If that would be a negative, I would recommend watching room specific tour videos for the layouts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

I was making that exact comparison and decision for our October Oasis sailing. Both are excellent options and both have notable features and Sky class perks.  The larger balcony , larger bathroom with walk in shower, extra space and proximity to the elevator for access to our favorite venues were pluses for the owners suite. The loft being on deck 17 for the view and access to CK and the lounge are attractive features. In the end, it came down to location of the available lofts that caused us to book the owners suite. The lofts available were in the back with their balconies facing the sports courts. Had they been ocean facing, it would have been a closer competition. One caveat with the owners suite, there are some with a pole in the entrance area. Specifically, 14640 as it is under splashaway bay. If that would be a negative, I would recommend watching room specific tour videos for the layouts.

There are a good number of lofts available so I would definitely choose one that’s facing the ocean. If we weren’t bringing the kids I would choose the loft. I’m just debating if the extra space is more important than the extra bathroom. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am stairs-averse, so I would always choose the OS over the CLS but if I were traveling with “others” (more than just Dan and me), I might want a second bathroom.  I also do not care for the pole in the non-connected OS and I would never choose the OS if deck 14 was my only choice.  I can live with the “pole”.  We chose the OS 4 times over the CLS.  I prefer the extra space and the dining tables. I also love a bidet. 😳😳

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I am stairs-averse, so I would always choose the OS over the CLS but if I were traveling with “others” (more than just Dan and me), I might want a second bathroom.  I also do not care for the pole in the non-connected OS and I would never choose the OS if deck 14 was my only choice.  I can live with the “pole”.  We chose the OS 4 times over the CLS.  I prefer the extra space and the dining tables. I also love a bidet. 😳😳

So there’s 9 OS (throughout floors 14, 11 and 10) and 18 CLS available so there’s a lot of options to choose from. The bidet may be the selling point though.....since we got one for home, it’s hard going places without it 😳

Link to post
Share on other sites

With four people I'd swing more towards the loft. Key reason, is that extra bathroom.However neither bathroom has a tub on Oasis. Other good reason is you could at least get some separation from the kids.

The table in the loft I don't think is that small, catch is only two chairs. To me it does seem ample if two extra chairs were brought in, I think the table can also slide a bit more.

20170108004910-d3e76cdb-me.jpg

Plus being on 17 you'll have easier access to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. Nice benefit of being close the the Suite Lounge is being able to stock up on in room beverages. Other nice thing, dare I say it, is Windjammer is one deck down. Great for being able to run down to get a small plate of night time snacks.

 

Also adding, after the 2 BR Aqua it is nice having a wide-open corridor getting back to the room. Minimal amount of playing dodge cart and having making way for others. It becomes one heck of a long walk to the 2 BR Aqua after a while, especially if you happen to make a wrong turn.

Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, nothing beats the WOW factor of the loft and being on Deck 17.  I would take loft over OS any day, with or without my two kids (11, 13).  Also as @CGTLH mentioned, that second full bath downstairs makes a huge difference with the kids.  It's not as narrow as it looks in some pictures and videos.  Even with the couch pulled out, you still have a bit of walking space in the downstairs area.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We stayed in 11240 (OS) on the Harmony, glad we experienced it, now we know we don't like it! Lol.  Our choice would be a crown loft if facing the ocean not the sports courts. The OS looked lovely, we had our breakfast and were able to lay out on the lounge chairs on that huge balcony. That was nice, the negatives we personally experienced and we wish we knew ahead of time were, 

The pole, be careful at night! @WAAAYTOOO warned us of the pole. 

The doorbell, seriously it was like fingers were drawn to it all day and ALL night. 

The actual dining area floor IF there is another OS above you. The loud dragging of the chairs in the cabin above you across their floor, we were treated to this always was really really loud.

I will never ever book this suite again, even if it is the last one left. 7 nights of this really became uncomfortable. 

#deck17

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, wannabecruiseexpert said:

I’m looking at an Oasis 7 night Western Caribbean sailing. It would be 2 adults and 2 kids (14 and 6).  I get the loft is on 17 so close to the lounge and CK and the additional bathroom is a HUGE plus. From what I’ve seen in photos and video walkthroughs, the OS is larger with larger balcony, plus I like the fact it has a large table so we could eat in room more comfortably. 
 

We will be sailing on Allure in a 2 bedroom AQ a few months before this one. 
 

Which would you pick?

Crown Loft our favorite cabin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Even with the couch pulled out, you still have a bit of walking space in the downstairs area.

Might help visualize the couch being being pulled out. The coffee table is split between the color carpet and tan carpet.

20170108024842-9ec1411b-me.jpg

Couch isn't pulled. However it might help visualize the coffee table location with the couch pulled out. Would say with the coffee table moved it would be aligned with the blue grid line on the tan carpet. 

20170108013125-a279ab8b-me.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CGTLH said:

Might help visualize the couch being being pulled out. The coffee table is split between the color carpet and tan carpet.

20170108024842-9ec1411b-me.jpg

Couch isn't pulled. However it might help visualize the coffee table location with the couch pulled out. Would say with the coffee table moved it would be aligned with the blue grid line on the tan carpet. 

20170108013125-a279ab8b-me.jpg

Thank you! Yes this helps a ton. We’re going to choose the loft. 
 

Thank you everyone for your help!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, wannabecruiseexpert said:

I’m looking at an Oasis 7 night Western Caribbean sailing. It would be 2 adults and 2 kids (14 and 6).  I get the loft is on 17 so close to the lounge and CK and the additional bathroom is a HUGE plus. From what I’ve seen in photos and video walkthroughs, the OS is larger with larger balcony, plus I like the fact it has a large table so we could eat in room more comfortably. 
 

We will be sailing on Allure in a 2 bedroom AQ a few months before this one. 
 

Which would you pick?

Not even a debate. Deck 17 ALWAYS RULES! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same choice in front of me, went back and forth (and back again) and at this time have the CLS on Allure this year and the OS on Harmony next year. Great info here- didn't realize deck 14 may be a negative, I gather because it's below the kids area? 

And people really ring the door bell when walking by? Wowser!

We landed on the CLS for this year after switching a couple times for various boring reasons not listed above but this is great info to consider for next year's OS booking. 

I love these boards and this community of unending knowledge!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PRebecca said:

I had the same choice in front of me, went back and forth (and back again) and at this time have the CLS on Allure this year and the OS on Harmony next year. Great info here- didn't realize deck 14 may be a negative, I gather because it's below the kids area? 

And people really ring the door bell when walking by? Wowser!

We landed on the CLS for this year after switching a couple times for various boring reasons not listed above but this is great info to consider for next year's OS booking. 

I love these boards and this community of unending knowledge!

I think even if the size is equal or even leaning towards the OS, you have to do the loft at least once, that way you can show pictures to your friends as everyone loves having a two story room. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Man, I hate stairs and you guys almost have me talked into a CLS over an OS (neither of which I can probably afford after the roof and the vet bill, but dreaming is good! lol)

I feel the same way about stairs. BUT ... with that said deck 17 has a cache that is hard to dismiss! We will have to see on an upcoming Star Class loft on the Anthem  ... if I wind up on sofa after the Casino closes ... the stairs were not the best idea! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have done 1 Owners Suite on the Oasis which was for $3000. Since 2012 we have sailed in 3 Star Lofts and 40 Crown Lofts on the Allure, Oasis and Harmony. Next 3 cruises are in a Crown Loft. Cannot beat the 17th Deck in our opinion.

When the prices become more reasonable will upgrade the two Grand Suites for later on the Harmony to Crown Lofts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...