"Cruise with Confidence" extended to April 2022

@Cameron You will not get a better room, it means this sailing does not qualify for L&S. If you have a TA they will look for cruises that match that criteria. In order to ensure this, is why there is a 4 week window. So you would be eligible for cruises between July and Sept of 2021 in only in 8,7, and 5D.

@Ampurp85  These cabins are exactly the same ones we are booked on for our 2020 cruise...Oasis, same everything, port, ship, itinerary, leaving 52 weeks later but the configuration on the Royal Caribbean site is showing a higher category than what is shown on the 2020 Oasis cruise..so how does lift and shift work if we can't get the same type of cabin we have now and they don't have the same cabin category in 2021?

52 minutes ago, JayJay1908 said:

I’m booked on 9 night Bermuda and Caribbean (Adventure OTS). There isn’t an itinerary like this for next year. The closest is 9 night Eastern on Oasis. Think I could lift and shift?

Michelle (MEI Travel) is checking tomorrow to see if I can swap an 8 night Eastern for a 7-night Eastern.  I'm thinking it's a shot in the dark, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

@Cameron IDK all the specifics as the program is new but it says same itinerary,  stateroom categories, etc. Not same ship is required. So if the ship is scheduled to be amped or they are introducing new categories for staterooms then they will make the necessary modifications. This is where having a great MEI TA comes in handy.

2 hours ago, JayJay1908 said:

I’m booked on 9 night Bermuda and Caribbean (Adventure OTS). There isn’t an itinerary like this for next year. The closest is 9 night Eastern on Oasis. Think I could lift and shift?

If you can, let me know, because I also have a 9 night on Adventure this July that I might need to "lift and shift" if that is even possible...There is nothing next summer like it that I can see.

2 hours ago, Cameron said:

Probably a dumb question...."Lift & Shift is available by selecting a future sailing on the same itinerary type, sailing length, stateroom category, and within the same 4-week period of their original cruise date same-time-next-year.  It is not required that your client rebook on the same ship or ship class."  I have three balconies on Oasis (7D, 8D and 5D, Deck 8,8,11 respectively)in August 2020.  Looking at the same cruise 52 weeks later and none of those room categories are shown.  Those same rooms are shown as 4D/3D on 2021 deck plans.  Can I assume that they are still going to be the same stateroom category?  

This is something to call on and get an answer for.  I believe they will match to a new stateroom category if the same room has changed stateroom category.

This is where having a TA come in handle. 

I read elsewhere some folks that could't find any available rooms in their category because they had been reclassified to require 3-person minimum and it required working with the rep on the phone to explain through the situation and they ended up getting assigned to those rooms as only 2 people.

19 hours ago, Va4fam said:

Can I move my October Oasis cruise to the same sailing next year for the same price and OBC I already have?    Or will it be for whatever price the new sailing is charging?

Can I use Lift & Shift once per cruise or only once no matter how many cruises I have booked (4 right now)?

Can I use L & S for a booking that is 18 months from now?

What happens if the rates go down after I have moved a sailing via L & S.....do I still get the lower rate or am I locked in?

What happens if I move a cruise via L&S and it gets cancelled too?

You should be able to move your October Oasis cruise to next October.  I didn't check but I'm assuming that would be a Caribbean to Caribbean move.  They should keep the current pricing that you have.  Your final payment date should become the final payment date of the new  cruise.  You should keep OBC that you received from NextCruise bookings and goodwill, but you wouldn't get to keep an OBC booking offer.

You can Lift & Shift once per cruise booked.  If the price goes down on the newer cruise to below what you paid you should be able to use the Best Price Guarantee option.  

You can Lift & Shift on any currently booked cruise, but you have to be able to move it to a cruise a year later.  So if you have a cruise in 18 months, there needs to be a cruise 30 months that qualifies for you to move it to.

I would assume if you move a cruise and it gets canceled then you get whatever options are offered for that cancellation.  

Thanks @AshleyDillo for your answers about Lift & Shift.    Don't want to reschedule any of our dates but nice to know it's an option.

Are you confident that if we have 4 cruises booked, we can Lift & Shift all 4 of them if needed?

This is one of those times I wish we had used the same travel agency for all of our bookings instead of three different ones.  

1 hour ago, Va4fam said:

Are you confident that if we have 4 cruises booked, we can Lift & Shift all 4 of them if needed?

I'm pretty confident it's per cruise.  The following is from the FAQ that went to TAs about the new program changes which leads me to believe the intention is once per CRUISE.   I  can't imagine a circumstance under the current August 1, 2020 deadline where it would even be possible to do the Lift & Shift multiple times if it has to be pushed a year out each time.  I don't believe there are cruises available to shift to that are 2 years out at this point.  Perhaps that language is there in case they extend the August 1 date or offer the program later on.

36.Is there a limit to the number of times my client can Lift & Shift their reservation?

Yes – throughout the life of your client’s booking, they can opt to Lift & Shift only one time. 

@AshleyDillo Is there anything in the TA FAQs about being able to use Lift and Shift if a cruise is cancelled by Royal and not the individual under Cruise with Confidence?  I really want to stick with my current July booking, but don't to miss out on having the same cruise next year if Royal has to cancel it (since it's currently more than double the price for next year so 125% FCC wouldn't cover it).

20 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Ray You might be better off doing a lift and shift. It says all offers, as long as it is the same length, stateroom category and within the 4 week window, will be honored. Which means if you have OBC it should transfer to the next year away booking.

just checked this ...NO southern Caribbean cruises for 7 nights in june/july 2021 that i can see from anywhere, and no cruises from PR listed for those months, so lift and shift isnt an option for me 

1 hour ago, billdauterive said:

@AshleyDillo Is there anything in the TA FAQs about being able to use Lift and Shift if a cruise is cancelled by Royal and not the individual under Cruise with Confidence?  I really want to stick with my current July booking, but don't to miss out on having the same cruise next year if Royal has to cancel it (since it's currently more than double the price for next year so 125% FCC wouldn't cover it).

It has been said that it isn't retroactive to those that have already been canceled but they haven't addressed if Lift & Shift will be an option for the next round of cancellations.  

So I called RCCL twice today and the first thing I want to say is that on both occasions I got through to a representative quickly (no more than a couple of minutes' wait) and on both occasions they were extremely helpful and willing to spend as much time as needed to address my queries.

The call that is relevant to this thread was the one in which I enquired about LIft & Shift for our 10 night sailing to the Canaries on Anthem out of Southampton in October. Unfortunately it appears it won't work for us because:

1. I was told that Lift & Shift currently only applies to sailings up to the end of August 2020

2. The only available itinerary in next year's qualifying window is same ship, same port, same stops (with one exception - Lisbon instead of Madeira); however as she is due to visit the ports in a different order to this year's itinerary the sailing is 11 nights, not 10 and so, I was told, it falls outside of the "same length" qualifying criterion. ?

40 minutes ago, Ian T said:

So I called RCCL twice today and the first thing I want to say is that on both occasions I got through to a representative quickly (no more than a couple of minutes' wait) and on both occasions they were extremely helpful and willing to spend as much time as needed to address my queries.

The call that is relevant to this thread was the one in which I enquired about LIft & Shift for our 10 night sailing to the Canaries on Anthem out of Southampton in October. Unfortunately it appears it won't work for us because:

1. I was told that Lift & Shift currently only applies to sailings up to the end of August 2020

2. The only available itinerary in next year's qualifying window is same ship, same port, same stops (with one exception - Lisbon instead of Madeira); however as she is due to visit the ports in a different order to this year's itinerary the sailing is 11 nights, not 10 and so, I was told, it falls outside of the "same length" qualifying criterion. ?

I think you need to call back. However helpful and patient the rep may have been it sounds like they do not have the full information to hand. The whole thing is very new and the reps are not all up to speed yet. 

From the info I have been following on the massive thread on the subject over on CC, the L&S option does not apply only to bookings departing up to the end of August. Rather, the end of August is the cut-off date to be able to take advantage of the offer, which applies to all existing live bookings as at yesterday's date.

Also, the itinerary does not have to be identical in terms of ports of call; it must be in the same geographical cruising area but the actual ports can vary. And the new cruise does not even have to be on the same ship.

What might stymie you is the requirement that the new cruise must be the same length as the current one. You would need to try and find one that is the same length as your current one and which sails one year plus or minus 4 weeks from your current sail date.

Hope you are able to get it sorted to your satisfaction.

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I think you need to call back. However helpful and patient the rep may have been it sounds like they do not have the full information to hand. The whole thing is very new and the reps are not all up to speed yet. 

From the info I have been following on the massive thread on the subject over on CC, the L&S option does not apply only to bookings departing up to the end of August. Rather, the end of August is the cut-off date to be able to take advantage of the offer, which applies to all existing live bookings as at yesterday's date.

Also, the itinerary does not have to be identical in terms of ports of call; it must be in the same geographical cruising area but the actual ports can vary. And the new cruise does not even have to be on the same ship.

What might stymie you is the requirement that the new cruise must be the same length as the current one. You would need to try and find one that is the same length as your current one and which sails one year plus or minus 4 weeks from your current sail date.

Hope you are able to get it sorted to your satisfaction.

I agree that the 11 day itinerary may ultimately prove to be the kicker, but I will certainly call back and ask the same question again to another rep... as you say, this is still new to everyone and there could well be a number of interpretations out there amongst the RCCL staff. Thanks.

Unfortunately itineraries out of Southampton are limited so we may need to stick with the original sailing and hope the 2020 European season doesn't end up a total wash out.

13 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

You can Lift & Shift on any currently booked cruise, but you have to be able to move it to a cruise a year later.  So if you have a cruise in 18 months, there needs to be a cruise 30 months that qualifies for you to move it to.

Did a little searching tonight to see what happens if I push some of the cruises a year later:

Our Oasis sailing in October is exactly the same next year (same port-Bayonne/itinerary) but it gets back one day after our Symphony cruise departs from Miami and there are no cruises for October of 2022 available yet.  Real world problems, right?

Our Anthem sailing could easily be changed out.   

Our Empress 8 night sailing in February is completely different a year later including leaving from San Juan (instead of Miami) and having no sea days!  Interesting.

I think the Oasis sailing this October from Bayonne is the one causing me the most concern but I don't know how I can move it right on top of our Symphony cruise since it doesn't appear I can move that one.

Just now, JayJay1908 said:

Yes. I’m very excited!

I just took another look at that one and I am so sad, it's not going to work for me either.  I would miss my daughter's birthday so that's not going to go well.  FCC it is...I might take it and book the 8 night Brilliance S.Caribbean sailing instead.  That's in July as well.

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I just took another look at that one and I am so sad, it's not going to work for me either.  I would miss my daughter's birthday so that's not going to go well.  FCC it is...I might take it and book the 8 night Brilliance S.Caribbean sailing instead.  That's in July as well.

Awww too bad!