Royal Caribbean Blog

"Cruise with Confidence" extended to April 2022

5 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Nope!  This is from the FAQ that went to TAs:

I would hit up Sharla and see if you can get switched to an Oasis ship for NYE 2021 under this policy.  Seems like a great deal, especially if they'll do it with the FCC you've already applied.  

Then if you still want to go this year and it appears feasible, just shop for a replacement 😂

Yes! That would make the travel date a little better, too.

1 minute ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Ummm, so if I'm reading this right I could Lift and Ship my Owner's suite on Empress to an Owner's Suite on an Oasis Class ship?  Or will it not be eligible because it already sails in Jan 2021?  It was booked quite a while ago.

I think you'd have to look at a December 2021/January 2022/February 2022 sailing (depending on your 4 weeks in either direction of the date). If it's the same number of nights, same itinerary, and the OS is available on the cruise that you are looking to switch to you should qualify.  😇  Wouldn't hurt to have your TA look into it.

Just now, AshleyDillo said:

I think you'd have to look at a December 2021/January 2022/February 2022 sailing (depending on your 4 weeks in either direction of the date). If it's the same number of nights, same itinerary, and the OS is available on the cruise that you are looking to switch to you should qualify.  😇  Wouldn't hurt to have your TA look into it.

I think I will!  That would be quite the switch. Of all of the cruises I have booked, it's the only one with a non-refundable deposit.

Any ideas if they will still offer Lift and Shift instead of 125% FCC if the sailings are cancelled by Royal?  Primarily wondering because of the high probability Seattle itineraries this July will need to be cancelled (Canada port closure extended, CDC no sail, Seattle port closure extended, etc).

Probably in the minority but really hoping the "lift and shift" doesn't replace the 125% back if they cancel our cruise to Alaska in August.  We already booked an Iceland cruise for June 2021 so couldn't take advantage of lift and shift. Doesn't seem fair that we book our cruises years in advance and as a result would get no extra benefit if Royal cancels on us

A question in relation to the repricing 

If i call TA and have them reprice my booking for June ( yeah i know probably wont be going on it anyway ) and i get the savings made in non refundable onboard credit, what happens if ( ok when ) my cruise is cancelled? Does the OBC remain on my account for a future cruise separate from any FCC I receive  ? 

While I am unsure if you can Lift and Shift 18+ times, it just said once. Although it would make more sense that it is per cruise. I am almost 100% certain you will no longer receive 125%. There is no incentive to keep the 125% when people can shift cruises. I mean you are locking in your best rate, with OBC and filling up an itinerary.

The L&S seems like it is only available to August 1st, when CCL believes it will start sailing. I do not think L&S is a permanent staple for RCCI and probably only applies to cruises scheduled this year.  I believe RCCI is trying to gauge consumer interest in sailing. If an overwhelming number of us move most of the cruises from July-Dec to 2021. Then RCCI will not lose as much money and have consumer confidence.

@Ray You might be better off doing a lift and shift. It says all offers, as long as it is the same length, stateroom category and within the 4 week window, will be honored. Which means if you have OBC it should transfer to the next year away booking. The only thing refunded is cruise planner purchases.

Regularly cancelled cruises by RCCI lose OBC and all perks.

8 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

The only thing refunded is cruise planner purchases.

so if i repriced cruise then used obc for items on cruiseplanner i would get it back onto account? 

Probably a dumb question...."Lift & Shift is available by selecting a future sailing on the same itinerary type, sailing length, stateroom category, and within the same 4-week period of their original cruise date same-time-next-year.  It is not required that your client rebook on the same ship or ship class."  I have three balconies on Oasis (7D, 8D and 5D, Deck 8,8,11 respectively)in August 2020.  Looking at the same cruise 52 weeks later and none of those room categories are shown.  Those same rooms are shown as 4D/3D on 2021 deck plans.  Can I assume that they are still going to be the same stateroom category?  

@Ray Basically, this whole after final payment thing is new. I am going to say no because OBC is never cash....unless it was always cash. Normally OBC is a perk configured into fare, not real money that can be refunded. In this case, they are allowing you to get more for what you already spent but not a refund. So I am unsure in this case because time are unprecedented but if RCCI cancels the cruise, they may adjust the reprice to revert it back to the FCC or refund. I would call your TA or RCCI to see as there are a lot of variables to contend with.

@Cameron You will not get a better room, it means this sailing does not qualify for L&S. If you have a TA they will look for cruises that match that criteria. In order to ensure this, is why there is a 4 week window. So you would be eligible for cruises between July and Sept of 2021 in only in 8,7, and 5D.

@Ampurp85  These cabins are exactly the same ones we are booked on for our 2020 cruise...Oasis, same everything, port, ship, itinerary, leaving 52 weeks later but the configuration on the Royal Caribbean site is showing a higher category than what is shown on the 2020 Oasis cruise..so how does lift and shift work if we can't get the same type of cabin we have now and they don't have the same cabin category in 2021?

52 minutes ago, JayJay1908 said:

I’m booked on 9 night Bermuda and Caribbean (Adventure OTS). There isn’t an itinerary like this for next year. The closest is 9 night Eastern on Oasis. Think I could lift and shift?

Michelle (MEI Travel) is checking tomorrow to see if I can swap an 8 night Eastern for a 7-night Eastern.  I'm thinking it's a shot in the dark, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

@Cameron IDK all the specifics as the program is new but it says same itinerary,  stateroom categories, etc. Not same ship is required. So if the ship is scheduled to be amped or they are introducing new categories for staterooms then they will make the necessary modifications. This is where having a great MEI TA comes in handy.

2 hours ago, JayJay1908 said:

I’m booked on 9 night Bermuda and Caribbean (Adventure OTS). There isn’t an itinerary like this for next year. The closest is 9 night Eastern on Oasis. Think I could lift and shift?

If you can, let me know, because I also have a 9 night on Adventure this July that I might need to "lift and shift" if that is even possible...There is nothing next summer like it that I can see.

2 hours ago, Cameron said:

Probably a dumb question...."Lift & Shift is available by selecting a future sailing on the same itinerary type, sailing length, stateroom category, and within the same 4-week period of their original cruise date same-time-next-year.  It is not required that your client rebook on the same ship or ship class."  I have three balconies on Oasis (7D, 8D and 5D, Deck 8,8,11 respectively)in August 2020.  Looking at the same cruise 52 weeks later and none of those room categories are shown.  Those same rooms are shown as 4D/3D on 2021 deck plans.  Can I assume that they are still going to be the same stateroom category?  

This is something to call on and get an answer for.  I believe they will match to a new stateroom category if the same room has changed stateroom category.

This is where having a TA come in handle. 

I read elsewhere some folks that could't find any available rooms in their category because they had been reclassified to require 3-person minimum and it required working with the rep on the phone to explain through the situation and they ended up getting assigned to those rooms as only 2 people.