Rags1

As Garth Brooks said, “Think I’ll Slip On Down To The O-Asis” - Jan 26th - Star Class

27 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Hopefully you don’t possess my irrational hatred of Raisins. Nothing ruins a piece of Apple pie faster than those. 

Wow, maybe I AM a Star Class spoiled snob,  I share your hatred of the raisins - Araceli had them made without them😂😂. Thank you I need a no raisin email to Allan!

2 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

Hopefully you don’t possess my irrational hatred of Raisins. Nothing ruins a piece of Apple pie faster than those. 

Nothing wrong with hating raisins. They ruin bread pudding too. Do appreciate your respect for them though, how you capitalize their name. 🙂

On 1/12/2020 at 6:56 PM, Rags1 said:

@Pookie, I’ll be sure and keep you posted on details.  We received his 1st email at about 33 days out. Since then we have traded several emails and he has been very prompt with reply’s. That’s a good sign,

Yes, same timing on the initial email for us.  We are pretty self sufficient and the two things out of the ordinary that I requested were pretzel m&ms (hubster)and Fresca (daughter).  The answer was there is a candy store on board and Royal only carries Coke products.  So it surprises me that other people are asking for unusual boozes, etc., and their requests are being granted.  Apparently there are a lot of variations between in Genies and ships.

5 hours ago, Pookie said:

The answer was there is a candy store on board and Royal only carries Coke products.  So it surprises me that other people are asking for unusual boozes, etc., and their requests are being granted.  Apparently there are a lot of variations between in Genies and ships.

Did you try telling them Fresca is made by the Coca Cola company?

12 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Did you try telling them Fresca is made by the Coca Cola company?

Omg.  No. I didn’t know it was made by Coca Cola!  Lol. I will definitely mention it!

On 1/11/2020 at 3:38 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Go right ahead!  The more that start early, the more attention it takes off me.  Isn't that right @Matt? lol

I would never start a live blog as early as @Lovetocruise2002 does! She's out of control!

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

I would never start a live blog as early as @Lovetocruise2002 does! She's out of control!

Many are way more out of control than me these days lol.

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm calling BS.  I thought we already proved @Matt holds the premature blogging record...

Thank you my fellow bot friend. 😉

On 1/14/2020 at 8:45 AM, Pookie said:

Yes, same timing on the initial email for us.  We are pretty self sufficient and the two things out of the ordinary that I requested were pretzel m&ms (hubster)and Fresca (daughter).  The answer was there is a candy store on board and Royal only carries Coke products.  So it surprises me that other people are asking for unusual boozes, etc., and their requests are being granted.  Apparently there are a lot of variations between in Genies and ships.

@Pookie I said earlier that I’m pretty laid back, and I really am.  If i asked for a Seafood Tower to be delivered to the Escape room while we were there and was told no i could roll with that answer.  But if I asked for a bag of M&M’s and was told to go the candy store...Me thinks I might not accept that answer.  I know that things differ from Genie to Genie and from ship to ship, but that’s an unacceptable response for your simple request. I’m hoping that changes for you!

14 hours ago, Rags1 said:

@Pookie I said earlier that I’m pretty laid back, and I really am.  If i asked for a Seafood Tower to be delivered to the Escape room while we were there and was told no i could roll with that answer.  But if I asked for a bag of M&M’s and was told to go the candy store...Me thinks I might not accept that answer.  I know that things differ from Genie to Genie and from ship to ship, but that’s an unacceptable response for your simple request. I’m hoping that changes for you!

I hope it changes too.  The hubster is not impressed so far.  

On 1/15/2020 at 6:07 PM, Rags1 said:

We got the “no” today on M&M’s also.  Now I’m going to ask for the Seafood Tower in the Escape Room - to be delivered by one of the CATS.  In costume.  I don’t know how to insert a smiley face or I would!  Just seems bizarre that people request special bottles of booze and specialty lunches in the room on day 1 and that’s good but you cant get a bag of M&M’s!!  I’ll keep you posted @Pookie

Here is where we are at one week out:

Dinners:  In order it will be Coastal Kitchen to have a filet for @Lovetocruise2002, 150, Giovannis, Izumi Hibachi, Chops, 150, and Chops.  

Entertainment:  Allan sent us the schedule from this week and our week should be close to the same.  He also indicated that the schedule  was changed 3 times this week.  So at this point I’m not sure of that schedule each night.

Sail Away:  We requested some shrimp cocktails, chips and dip, etc which is not problem.

We have a reserved time on Thursday, I think, in the Escape Room.  I will do the bridge tour, alone, on the last day.  We have requested a backstage tour and Allan is looking into that.  Since Stacy and Kaitlyn are nurses they have also requested a tour of the medical facility.  No answer on that yet.  

And @Pookie, I did include in my last email that i was curious about the M&M thing since we had them the last two years.  The response was , “The M&M and other branded snacks were never included since the program started in May 2016.”  And there you have it.  

One week from tonight I will be posting from whatever hotel I’m booked into in Miami!! 

About the candy that is not found on board...it is my understanding that is entirely dependent on the Genie.  I cannot confirm for sure, but I have a strong feeling that some Genies will venture out and some will not. 

And @Rags1, proud of you for not passing on CK’s filer night like some others 😉

24 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

About the candy that is not found on board...it is my understanding that is entirely dependent on the Genie.  I cannot confirm for sure, but I have a strong feeling that some Genies will venture out and some will not. 

And @Rags1, proud of you for not passing on CK’s filer night like some others 😉

I totally understand,  One only needs to read a few trip reviews to know the inconsistencies in the Star Class program. It’s going to be an awesome trip!  I’m just happy Jack Daniels is not a “branded candy!”  I’ll post pics of that filet...

9 hours ago, Rags1 said:

Here is where we are at one week out:

Dinners:  In order it will be Coastal Kitchen to have a filet for @Lovetocruise2002, 150, Giovannis, Izumi Hibachi, Chops, 150, and Chops.  

Entertainment:  Allan sent us the schedule from this week and our week should be close to the same.  He also indicated that the schedule  was changed 3 times this week.  So at this point I’m not sure of that schedule each night.

Sail Away:  We requested some shrimp cocktails, chips and dip, etc which is not problem.

We have a reserved time on Thursday, I think, in the Escape Room.  I will do the bridge tour, alone, on the last day.  We have requested a backstage tour and Allan is looking into that.  Since Stacy and Kaitlyn are nurses they have also requested a tour of the medical facility.  No answer on that yet.  

And @Pookie, I did include in my last email that i was curious about the M&M thing since we had them the last two years.  The response was , “The M&M and other branded snacks were never included since the program started in May 2016.”  And there you have it.  

One week from tonight I will be posting from whatever hotel I’m booked into in Miami!! 

Hope you stay at the Intercontinental and requested bay side.  I’m one of those weirdos that can’t sleep the night before and love watching the ships come in and witness the sunrise.  In fact, that’s why I’m awake now, checking out the port cam. 🤓

On 1/18/2020 at 1:05 PM, Pookie said:

Raisins are disgusting. Waste of a perfectly good grape that could have been made into wine🤓

Wrong. Raisin is the fate of all grapes that don’t measure up for being made into wine. Every grape knows this and grows up fearing being told they are to be cast into the fields of dry fire.

Now, back to my Zinfandel...