Jump to content
CruzOnBye

CocoCay Pools/Water- Heated?

Recommended Posts

Hello! Someone who visited CocoCay a few months back told me that the water in the pools, or swim up bar area may be "temperature controlled". Is that true? I tried to look it up online but didn't see anything confirming that. We have a trip this month there and I'm dying to do the swim up bar but, I also don't want to be shivering while enjoying my coco loco drink 🙂 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were there 2 weeks ago & had a Cabana at the Oasis Pool. The water within the pool was chilly for us but we are from Florida, it was probably about 80 degrees. That being said the pool and the swim up bar had many people enjoying them. I am not sure if the Oasis Pool is temperature controlled but the water seemed not to be uncomfortable for the many guests partaking.  It was a warm beautiful Island & the sun was like an amazing blanket! The ocean water was chilly but not to the point again where it "stung" After a few delish coco loco I am sure the water will be just fine.  :) Enjoy your sailing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also worried about CocoCay water temp - we are planning to do the water slides, and the extended forecast looks like a temp in the low 70s!   😲

Maybe I will pack an insulated tumbler so I can bring some hot tea with me!!! 

** Does anyone know whether tea/coffee/hot chocolate are available on the island??? **

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update 12/30: So we just returned last week from our amazing cruise on the Mariner! Day 2 we arrived to Cococay (about 77 degrees that morning), and my husband and I were the first to arrive to the swim up bar (like kids in a candy store). My hubby went right on in, and I was barely tip toed in and wasn't sure I could make it. The bartender, laughing, was like "Come on in! I'll warm you guys up with a drink when you get over here!" I threw myself in all the way, and swam to the bar where a nice stiff shot and a CocoLoco was waiting for us! Incredible experience. The water was cold, especially until the sun came out not long after. It ended up being a beautiful, warm 85 degree day! The island is truly incredible and very well done. We were excited for the return back on day 4, unfortunately, due to the weather we were unable to dock. I can't wait to go back soon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were there Dec 8 and talked to a very nice gentleman who lives on the island - the pool definitely NOT heated. As mentioned before, it was COLD that weekend and when discussing it with him, he mentioned that the pool was originally supposed to be heated but to make the deadline to get everything open on time, a decision was made to forgo the heaters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JCWgirl said:

he mentioned that the pool was originally supposed to be heated but to make the deadline to get everything open on time, a decision was made to forgo the heaters. 

Pool heaters on this scale would have a bypass.  If they really intended to heat it they could launch it without a heater while installed the heater. 

I have to imagine though it would be a tremendous energy pig.  So much surface area and earth surrounding it to heat up.  It would cost a large fortune to heat a pool that big.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2019 at 8:50 PM, twangster said:

Pool heaters on this scale would have a bypass.  If they really intended to heat it they could launch it without a heater while installed the heater. 

I have to imagine though it would be a tremendous energy pig.  So much surface area and earth surrounding it to heat up.  It would cost a large fortune to heat a pool that big.  

I am absolutely sure you are 100% correct on the cost. Likely just a story that they tell people when asked why it isn’t heated but still what we were told about the chilly water temp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are just back,  at Coco on Dec. 30th and the air temp was 79* F. (how do make the degree thingy?) partly cloudy, not windy. We are hardy Cape Codders and swim @ 70* F. at the height of Summer. My boys are polar plungers and in my day I was as well. I still think 60* water temp is fine. Context is important in this conversation, not bragging.  We swam in every possible location pool, ocean, slides, and wave pool and the temp was an unscientific "fine". The pool on Allure  was a similar temp but warmed (yuck) as the day went on.  Go in quick and the body will adjust, a little anti-freeze if you get what I mean, doesn't hurt.  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, foxrunner said:

We are just back,  at Coco on Dec. 30th and the air temp was 79* F. (how do make the degree thingy?) partly cloudy, not windy. We are hardy Cape Codders and swim @ 70* F. at the height of Summer. My boys are polar plungers and in my day I was as well. I still think 60* water temp is fine. Context is important in this conversation, not bragging.  We swam in every possible location pool, ocean, slides, and wave pool and the temp was an unscientific "fine". The pool on Allure  was a similar temp but warmed (yuck) as the day went on.  Go in quick and the body will adjust, a little anti-freeze if you get what I mean, doesn't hurt.  😉

Try holding down the 0 to make it a ° sign 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...