Pookie

Oasis of the Seas - Star Class - Royal Genie

Oops. I made a mistake. Sorry.  Pookie, those 2 BR ATS are original so there’s no particular issue with low ceilings. It’s the 1BR ATS that were added later.

Sorry for the bogus information. Didn’t mean to cause stress where there shouldn’t be any !

I guess at 6’7” there’s always a possibility that he might have clearance issues but none that are caused by adding a room that was something else before.

Thanks, Sabrina !

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Sorry for the bogus information.

I wouldn't say it's bogus information.  I seem to recall some YouTube videos and blogs where people said the shower was low for taller people.  I never paid it much attention since none of us are over 6 feet tall.  I've only ever been in the 2BDR ATS on Harmony, so I don't know about Oasis and Allure...

We are in a 2 bed ATS on the Oasis in January.  Are the different classes/activities included?  Meaning, sushi making, cupcake decorating, mixology?  I wish there was somewhere that described in detail all the benefits of Star Class other than the generic listing on their website.

On 10/15/2019 at 10:09 AM, Pookie said:

In early 2018, while on Adventure of the Seas partaking in a few adult beverages, the hubster (who I affectionately call Yummy) and I booked our upcoming cruise in February with Next Cruise. Typically, we book suites of one sort or another.  This time, in our "happy & relaxed" state, we chose an Aqua Theater Suite on Oasis of Seas, (choking somewhat on the cost!) as a surprise for our daughter for her graduation from high school. (This will be her first cruise).  At that time, perks were mentioned, but as the cruise was two years out, we did not remember what was said.  (We claim to this day it was not the fault of our refreshments.)

We are almost down to the ninety day mark and we've been reading/watching videos for every scrap of information we can find about Star Class/Royal Genies.  The Live Blogs are a particular favorite. We have combed social media for pics of the drydock process.  Our excitement knows no bounds and we are like little kids who have had too much candy!  I have a tote started with items to go, computer lists... we have vowed to not OVERPACK.  We have vowed to be ORGANIZED for our Genie so he/she will not have to struggle with what we hope to achieve.  I hope to Live Blog and will probably start out doing so. After the first day...who knows... 

I sent this GIF to my daughter this morning with the fact that there will be less than 60 Star Class passengers on board:

beyonce queen GIF

We would never act this way, but I do wonder if we will feel this way....BAHAHAHA

I would like to thank @WAAAYTOOO, @SweetPea and @Lovetocruise2002 for all the great information they have provided! 

I hope to provide an account of what our experiences are for future Star Class cruisers.

Pookie  (Yummy's pet name for me.)

I had to laugh at your description of how you ended up booking your suite.  We ended up with ours under the same circumstances.  After free flowing cocktails in the concierge lounge on the Allure we thought it would be a great idea to book our ATS and take our 4 - early 20ish kids as an xmas gift.   

6 minutes ago, Michelle6213 said:

We are in a 2 bed ATS on the Oasis in January.  Are the different classes/activities included?  Meaning, sushi making, cupcake decorating, mixology?  I wish there was somewhere that described in detail all the benefits of Star Class other than the generic listing on their website.

Yes, typically the sushi and cupcake classes are included.  As are the Bridge and Galley tours and also the Escape room.  Any classes involving alcohol is usually an additional charge.  I took pics of all the star class literature in this blog:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/10695-“i-dream-of-genie”-–-star-class-harmony-of-the-seas-–-031019-031719/

On 10/15/2019 at 11:16 AM, Queenbeecruises said:

Yay!!!  We are on our very first Star class cruise on the SOTS in the Villa.  I currently have a live blog going if you want to follow along.  We only have 47 more days of waiting!!!  When is your cruise @Pookie?  Love the gif by the way!!!

I will follow your blog. We are doing the villa on SOTS in April, so all information from you will be awsome and very helpful.  This will be our first star class. I am afraid once I go down that path, I wont want anything else😁

The pre-planning continues....

An in depth discussion with our 17 year old daughter about the paper straws on board resulted in ordering these:61R162grhJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg We couldn't imagine trying to swill down a Johnny Rockets malt with any sort of decorum using a soggy paper straw...

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Pookie is this thread your blog?  Because if it is, I will move it to the live blog section.

Is it too early to start a live blog?  I heard a rumor that people start their blogs early here😆

i actually have one started and mistakenly posted my “received the genie questionnaire here by mistake.  What a rookie mistake!