Royal Caribbean Blog

Europe Here We Come! Vision of the Seas July 29,2019: 12 day Mediterranean/Greek Isles

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I took my first cruise on Vision in March 2015, I could not have predicted that I would be sailing her again so quickly as my 7th cruise and my 3rd one this year!!!  While I think this is the las

We are at the airport!!! Getting ready to board... The plane got in late but they insist they will board us quickly!  We will see!  Since I got 4.5 hours sleep last night I'm hoping I will sleep on th

So... My final take-aways.  First of all, I focused this blog mostly on the trip and not necessarily the ship because it's something different.  I really like vision.  The crew, the cruise director, t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

What an amazing cruise!  Too bad your other 2 kids couldn't be added but you'll have special time with your teen (when she sticks around...lol).  Looking forward to following along.

P.S. I like how you mentioned that Disney has gotten in the way.  For us, cruises have gotten in the way of Disney.  We are wanting to return but keep booking cruises over school breaks.

I keep saying that my obsession with Disney is warring with my obsession for cruising.  However I keep paying for my cruises with my Disney Visa so now I have 900 Disney dollars for the next trip there!!! Jane

57 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

I keep saying that my obsession with Disney is warring with my obsession for cruising.  However I keep paying for my cruises with my Disney Visa so now I have 900 Disney dollars for the next trip there!!! Jane

We were just talking about our Disney Visa last night!  We were saying how the Disney dollars aren't worth much anymore to us, and that we shouldn't be using the card as much as we do.  

1 hour ago, KathyC said:

We were just talking about our Disney Visa last night!  We were saying how the Disney dollars aren't worth much anymore to us, and that we shouldn't be using the card as much as we do.  

They take forever to expire.  You can also use them on airline tickets and other stuff... Not just the parks.  Although I only use it for the parks... And that is so easy to redeem.  Seems like a much easier card than the royal one.  Jane

8 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

They take forever to expire.  You can also use them on airline tickets and other stuff... Not just the parks.  Although I only use it for the parks... And that is so easy to redeem.  Seems like a much easier card than the royal one.  Jane

We don't have the Royal one.  We have enough, so didn't want another just for rewards.  We have three Visas, all with their own reward programs. LOL  Not sure the hubby knows about airline tickets - will have to look into that.  He usually uses up the dollars once a year when he goes to a convention in Orlando.  There is usually a stop in Disney or they stay on Disney property.  Last year they went to Universal, so now he has extra dollars for next year.

7 hours ago, FManke said:

@mom2mybugsdid you book a RC excursion for Athens? If so which one? Looking at them for our Greek cruise next Oct.

We did the highlight of Athens.  Here is the details:

439378316_Screenshot_20190717-225825_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7ecca798fb4e3bb93f0ac2858617a8d4.jpg

It was $109 per person at it's cheapest.  I have absolutely no idea what we are doing for 3 hours on our own but I wanted to tour the Acropolis and I didn't want to stress about getting there.  Now if the heat closes it like it did last week I will be devastated.  Hoping all goes well.  Jane

5 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

439378316_Screenshot_20190717-225825_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7ecca798fb4e3bb93f0ac2858617a8d4.jpg

It was $109 per person at it's cheapest.  I have absolutely no idea what we are doing for 3 hours on our own but I wanted to tour the Acropolis and I didn't want to stress about getting there.  Now if the heat closes it like it did last week I will be devastated.  Hoping all goes well.  Jane

You are going to have an amazing. I think your husband teaches social science. You may have to drag him away. I have been twice and it still amazes me. Now they have lights at night. I am happy for you. Tell Madison to take lots of pictures. My niece was able to get extra credit, because she did a show and tell.

5 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I have absolutely no idea what we are doing for 3 hours on our own

You will be near the Plaka area , you can just go to eat lunch , go to the market, checkout the Museum (Acropolis) or go to the nearest supermarket to buy local souvenir , another option will be to go to see the parliament house and the gardens near it (10 minutes walk).

6 hours ago, Sweety said:

You are going to have an amazing. I think your husband teaches social science. You may have to drag him away. I have been twice and it still amazes me. Now they have lights at night. I am happy for you. Tell Madison to take lots of pictures. My niece was able to get extra credit, because she did a show and tell.

He is!  Too bad Madison had world history last year and had US this year lol.  I will definitely have to drag him out... Just hoping the heat gets better!  I'm worried Jeff or I will pass out.  Lots and lots of water and Gatorade!  Jane

6 hours ago, Traveler said:

You will be near the Plaka area , you can just go to eat lunch , go to the market, checkout the Museum (Acropolis) or go to the nearest supermarket to buy local souvenir , another option will be to go to see the parliament house and the gardens near it (10 minutes walk).

Thank you!  I was thinking a relaxing lunch with some Greek wine to get us out of the heat!    I'm so trying to find the balance of seeing as much as we can and yet slowing down so it's more enjoyable.  Jane

On 7/17/2019 at 11:03 PM, mom2mybugs said:

I looked at that one and basically the same without the 3 hrs of free time. Last cruise we did too any 6+hr tours. Not enough time to relax. Looking at shorter excursions this time around.

Maybe I'll wait and see what the wife thinks. It's a surprise 30th anniversary cruise, so I will have to keep it a secret until I tell her on our half anniversary next April. I booked the cruise this April. So far so good keeping the secret.

Ok...it is two in the morning and I can’t sleep lol!  We leave for the airport in 13 hours 🙂.  I better get up early so I can try and sleep on the plane!!   We have had a number of curves thrown our way...found out that my daughter needs to have surgery when we get back and I’m having to have some blood tests done.  Yikes!  But all should be ok and hopefully we are done with surprises!   

Norwegian air doesn’t let us check in online...which makes me nervous!  We do have our seats though and we’re planning on getting to the airport 3 hours early.  This is when it’s good to leave the teens home...one of them can drive us to the airport!!  I can take the Uber fees and buy a sun hat in Cannes!!  The weather is still pretty darn hot in Europe but that will be ok with me (hubby and daughter not so much lol).  More to come later today!  Need to go find the stream on apps for compressing pics!  Jane

11 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Norwegian air doesn’t let us check in online

I'd be interested to hear your experience of Norwegian as this is who we're having to fly London to Miami with in December after BA cancelled their London --> FLL route (sorting the flights was such a hassle, even with a TA, that I can't even remember which London airport we fly from!)

Safe travels and I hope you enjoy our continent. 

4 hours ago, hayley_bopp said:

I'd be interested to hear your experience of Norwegian as this is who we're having to fly London to Miami with in December after BA cancelled their London --> FLL route (sorting the flights was such a hassle, even with a TA, that I can't even remember which London airport we fly from!)

Safe travels and I hope you enjoy our continent. 

So far it's been fine... Was about 30-45 mins to check in... Guy was super nice.  You had to stand in line though...no self check kiosk because they actually do weigh all the carry on luggage as well.  I had to give Madison one of my bags lol!  The gate area is really open and roomy though.  I like the international terminal at O'Hare... Much less crowded and busy than the domestic terminals! 

20190724_170836.thumb.jpg.e748ee3b194bdd66ffbb0c8c4bdca8d7.jpg