nrgMike

Cococay Dining

13 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

From what I've gathered no cabanas are held back for ship board inventory.

You are correct, unless the Genie can do some real magic.  Note this is said on their website:

Space is limited. Reserve your cabana pre-cruise for the biggest savings, only available on Cruise Planner

24 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

CocoCay is now the Wild, Wild, West when it comes to cabanas. From what I've gathered no cabanas are held back for ship board inventory. @Lovetocruise2002 could verify, many Star class folks have been upset about this change in policy.

Ok. I should have stipulated that this was on Labadee, not CC. So it’s very possible that your statement is true for CC. Sorry...my misunderstanding.

37 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

CocoCay is now the Wild, Wild, West when it comes to cabanas. From what I've gathered no cabanas are held back for ship board inventory. @Lovetocruise2002 could verify, many Star class folks have been upset about this change in policy.

Yes, it was just recently verified by @MamaShark who sailed Star Class this past week and Sky class the week before that Coco Cay Cabanas are not held back for any class of guests.  It is first come first reserve.  However, @MamaShark did share that if you managed to reserve it through your cruise planner then the Genie can secure the Cabana number for you.

45 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Not true in our case. We’ve had Genies reserve cabanas for us twice before the cruise. We told the Genie which cabana we wanted and he got us our choice both times.

In Coco Cay?  or did you mean Labadee?

Quite a few SC cruisers have reported no Genie magic on Coco Cay.

19 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

In Coco Cay?  or did you mean Labadee?

Quite a few SC cruisers have reported no Genie magic on Coco Cay.

Definitely Labadee.  Sorry.  I misunderstood.  Haven't tried CC yet.  We don't get cabanas anywhere anymore b/c all we do is nap in them.  LOL

Now back to the dining aspect.

Does anyone know if in fact they deliver food to the cabana?   I stated earlier that it appears they have updated under the highlights further down the page, that they are offering water mats for 2, and snorkel equipment upon request.  That there will be a menu in the cabana that you hand to the concierge (snack shack), plus, they will get drinks (alcohol).

This is new...as in a week or two old, at least for my cruise.  It said food and bevs. off the grill, and than it disappeared.  It still says plush loungers, and have the old pics., so I am sure that will be changed out soon.  

However, I have read that people have said they saw hide nor hair of their cabana attendant after getting their cabana....even when they tipped.

7 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

Now back to the dining aspect.

Does anyone know if in fact they deliver food to the cabana?   I stated earlier that it appears they have updated under the highlights further down the page, that they are offering water mats for 2, and snorkel equipment upon request.  That there will be a menu in the cabana that you hand to the concierge (snack shack), plus, they will get drinks (alcohol).

This is new...as in a week or two old, at least for my cruise.  It said food and bevs. off the grill, and than it disappeared.  It still says plush loungers, and have the old pics., so I am sure that will be changed out soon.  

However, I have read that people have said they saw hide nor hair of their cabana attendant after getting their cabana....even when they tipped.

I recall seeing orders being boxed up and walked out from the Snack Shack near Oasis Lagoon on the 24th. I'm sure these were cabana orders.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:44 AM, CGTLH said:

Only menu I found was on the Royal Caribbean Dining Facebook group.

FB_IMG_1557927744333.thumb.jpg.f57e564d8d4bd59b3f9f453037868213.jpg

Sure once @Matt steps foot on CocoCay this weekend we'll have confirmation.

are steak fries actually crispy ever LOL

There is a small menu for Cabanas - chicken sandwiches, burgers, salads, cheese sticks etc.  You fill out the menu and give it to the attendant. It takes a bit longer😌 than the 45 minutes regular room service on the ship. The attendants were doing their best, just not enough attendants in May. 

2 hours ago, MikeK said:

Be prepared for the sea gulls (rats with wings) on Coco Cay.  They are thick around the eating venues and I saw some stealing food right off peoples plates.

We just witnessed this less than 5 minutes ago.  We are in Nassau.  A lady was eating  plate of French fries. The seagulls swooped down, ,sent her running and snatched every one of those French fries right off of her plate.  This was on the ship !