Jump to content

Recommended Posts

After tons of research, I finally booked our cruise!! We will be going May 2020 on Symphony!! It's only our second cruise and first to the Caribbean...and first on Royal Caribbean.  We are beyond excited....My brother in law, sister in law, and niece are going...Also, my mother in law is going and she got a junior suite and is paying for our daughter and my niece!  I just had to share!  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Floski said:

You do know that teachers only sail in suites, right?

 

 

😉

Oh how I wish! lol  My oldest daughter is getting married next April, so a central park balcony it is for the hubby and me...We will have to live that "suite" life through my youngest daughter with her grandmother! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, teacherdl said:

Oh how I wish! lol  My oldest daughter is getting married next April, so a central park balcony it is for the hubby and me...We will have to live that "suite" life through my youngest daughter with her grandmother! 😉

Grandma keeping the kids in her cabin for the cruise....sounds pretty sweet to me!😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, teacherdl said:

Thank you! I teach 3rd grade. How about you?

I will join @Sweety and @Lovetocruise2002 as another teacher (preschool married to a high school social studies teacher). In hoping to have a great cruise!!  You will definitely find a ton of knowledgeable people here!  Jane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sometimes like having this app called 'Countdown' I think. You put in a date(s) and it tells you how many days till a birthday, Christmas, your cruise etc. Its fun when something gets below 100 days, then its in the 60s, then the 40's and so on ….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 3:23 AM, mom2mybugs said:

I will join @Sweety and @Lovetocruise2002 as another teacher (preschool married to a high school social studies teacher). In hoping to have a great cruise!!  You will definitely find a ton of knowledgeable people here!  Jane

 

On 4/30/2019 at 5:46 PM, kadmgs said:

H.S. social studies teacher here as well! Fingers crossed none of my students will be on my July sailing as we sail out of Galveston and it's only an hour from my school. 

 

52 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

I teach 1st and 4th grade language, math, science, history, art, and Spanish. Teaching 2nd and 5th next year...#homeschoolerscancruiseanytime 

What is it with all us teachers and cruising? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ditchdoc said:

I sometimes like having this app called 'Countdown' I think. You put in a date(s) and it tells you how many days till a birthday, Christmas, your cruise etc. Its fun when something gets below 100 days, then its in the 60s, then the 40's and so on ….

I use Shipmate for my cruise countdown (because the photos on it are prettier to post when I'm bragging to my FB friends), but I used Countdown for my retirement countdown (it's 1,887 days, in case anyone is counting with me. I know that seems like a lot, but it was over 2300 when I started, so yay me.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 9:46 AM, kadmgs said:

H.S. social studies teacher here as well! Fingers crossed none of my students will be on my July sailing as we sail out of Galveston and it's only an hour from my school. 

hahahaha...totally get it!  Fingers crossed for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2019 at 9:52 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Congrats!  You could not have picked a better ship to start on! 

My first cruise was on Oasis, had such a great time we HAD to book another for later that year after we got off the ship. We ended up on Enchantment of the Seas, while it was a great cruise we were shocked because we were expecting the same experience!  We were absolutely spoiled rotten by the Oasis class which is our absolute favorite!  You are going to have an absolute BLAST! We have not been on Symphony but I know that it is even better than Oasis.  Please be sure to already have a few cruise dates in the future picked out so you can book another prior to disembarking!!!😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 7:13 PM, bhageerah said:

My first cruise was on Oasis, had such a great time we HAD to book another for later that year after we got off the ship. We ended up on Enchantment of the Seas, while it was a great cruise we were shocked because we were expecting the same experience!  We were absolutely spoiled rotten by the Oasis class which is our absolute favorite!  You are going to have an absolute BLAST! We have not been on Symphony but I know that it is even better than Oasis.  Please be sure to already have a few cruise dates in the future picked out so you can book another prior to disembarking!!!😁

Great idea!  Do you get better offers when you book while on a cruise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...