Unlimited Dining Package or Ultimate Dining Package

29 minutes ago, marti314 said:

with almost certainty they will just migrate the Ultimate into the Unlimited.  There is NO way the staff on the ships will be able to keep track of Ultimate vs Unlimited for what could be at least a year until the pre-bookings are over.

That's my thought aswell, migrate one UDP to the other UDP.

13 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Just purchased the Ultimate for our March 2020 sailing. Hoping that they will "upgrade" it to the Unlimited. If nothing else, I'm glad I locked in the price that I got today. Should only go up with the new package (if ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL other assumptions hold true). :3_grin:

That's what I did too..although I nabbed the dining package a few days before they announced the unlimited was coming.  With it being on "sale" and the fact that I had more sea days than usual it was a no brainer for me as I would take advantage of the lunch.  I hope if they do roll it into the unlimited that the lunch benefit doesn't go away.

@Baked Alaska Just checked my cruise planner and my Ultimate dining package now says it is Unlimited!  Looks like they switched it over.

Terms & Conditions:

Prices are per person for the full sailing. All selections are subject to change. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity. Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. One reservation will be automatically created for the first night of the sailing. All other reservations must be made onboard and are subject to availability. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service. For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit. Beverages not included. For Dining Packages, It is not required that children 12 and under purchase this product. Children ages 0-5 dine for free and children ages 6-12 will be charged a $10 cover at the restaurant. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for Chef's Table, or Culinary Experiences/Activities. Purchase of dining packages provides 40% discount off bottles of wine priced at $100 or less; 20% discount off bottles of wine priced over $100 while dining in Specialty Restaurants. Wine discount valid only with the purchase of 3-night, 4-night, 5-night, or Unlimited Dining Packages; other Dining Packages excluded. Terms of Royal Caribbean’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Offer is not transferable, not redeemable for cash, and expires on the final night of the cruise. VAT will be added to the price where applicable.  Terms of Dining Packages apply.

foooooos.thumb.jpg.baa983417018dd027ba8bd3d03d5d3f3.jpg

@AshleyDillo Woot! Just checked mine, as well! Includes lunches on sea days. I don't see anything different between the two other than the "unlimited" part, which is nice! Happy Pappy!! So far, price has not gone up. So. Far. All of my sailings have been changed to "Unlimited". Niiiiiiiiiiiice!

Edited by Baked Alaska
elaboration and added Niiiiiiiiiiiice! :-P

12 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

@AshleyDillo Woot! Just checked mine, as well! Includes lunches on sea days. I don't see anything different between the two other than the "unlimited" part, which is nice! Happy Pappy!! So far, price has not gone up. So. Far. All of my sailings have been changed to "Unlimited". Niiiiiiiiiiiice!

Sounds like this was just a renaming and re-pricing.  They raised the price a few months ago, about 20% but nothing changed so this may have been to show "Hey look now you can have 2 dinners" which any of us who eat at speciality know wont likely happen with how much food you eat and the added time sitting in another restaurant will be less than enticing.

I just checked my cruise planner and my ultimate has been changed to unlimited. I'm very happy because as a bariatric surgery individual, this is much more conducive to how I eat. Giant 3 to 4 course meals are really wasted on me. Now I spread out my courses of several hours and not feel guilty about wasting food.  

25 minutes ago, marti314 said:

Sounds like this was just a renaming and re-pricing.  They raised the price a few months ago, about 20% but nothing changed so this may have been to show "Hey look now you can have 2 dinners" which any of us who eat at speciality know wont likely happen with how much food you eat and the added time sitting in another restaurant will be less than enticing.

My pricing had not changed for over a year, other than the black friday sale. Still hasn't.

1 hour ago, kadmgs said:

I just checked my cruise planner and my ultimate has been changed to unlimited. I'm very happy because as a bariatric surgery individual, this is much more conducive to how I eat. Giant 3 to 4 course meals are really wasted on me. Now I spread out my courses of several hours and not feel guilty about wasting food.  

This is my situation as well.  I'm much more inclined to pop in and out of wherever and order a single entree or appetizer.  I don't do well with sitting through an entire 3 course meal.  I'm also solo on my sailing, so hopefully they may be more inclined just give me a plate to go (I'm looking at you Izumi sushi...) when I want.  I like the ability to be able to pop into Johnny Rockets and grab a burger too.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

This is my situation as well.  I'm much more inclined to pop in and out of wherever and order a single entree or appetizer.  I don't do well with sitting through an entire 3 course meal.  I'm also solo on my sailing, so hopefully they may be more inclined just give me a plate to go (I'm looking at you Izumi sushi...) when I want.  I like the ability to be able to pop into Johnny Rockets and grab a burger too.

Popping in and out at a place like IZUMI or Johnny Rockets is definitely a possibility but keep in mind most specialty restaurants are fully booked during prime dinner hours so popping into say Chops for some Bacon App or Giovannis for a meat / cheese platter may not be as easy as it sounds.  

1 minute ago, marti314 said:

Popping in and out at a place like IZUMI or Johnny Rockets is definitely a possibility but keep in mind most specialty restaurants are fully booked during prime dinner hours so popping into say Chops for some Bacon App or Giovannis for a meat / cheese platter may not be as easy as it sounds.  

Understandable...I will be making reservations when I get on board, so that will help.  Also being solo and asking if they would be willing to make something and put a cover on it and give it to me to take to my room might work too..who knows. That way I'm not taking up an entire table for a single person. 

Windjammer is usually my go to but I like the idea of being able to sample all of the offerings.  I just can't do the 3 course meals..entirely too long for me to be sitting with food and way, way, way too much food to eat. I don't need the atmosphere of the dining experience..just the food.  

Even so..if I have to sit at a table at Giovannis for my meat platter at my scheduled reservation time, I am fine with that.  My table will be turned over quickly and perhaps they can sneak another walk-up party in right after me.

10 minutes ago, alamode123 said:

Just got off the phone with Royal. In the phone rep's notes, it specifically stated that Playmakers and Johnny Rockets were included. So you can have wings as a "second dinner". ?

Interesting.  I hope that's the case.  

I wonder if it does anything at Perfect Day for the new dining venues that carry an additional cost.  On those 3 night Perfect Day cruises there are no sea days so you miss the lunch benefit.  

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

I mentioned buying this package for us on that cruise and she had a coughing fit thinking about 9 days of utilizing that package #FoodFatigue

Well, if I hadn't gotten it on Black Friday I probably would not have done it, but I'm still faced with a limited number of restaurants for a 9 day cruise, Chops, Jamie's, Izumi, Wonderland and I guess add Solarium Bistro and Vintages, I'm in a suite so add Coastal kitchen. My Wife will eat at 5 of those and even though we have been on Harmony, Wonderland is a toss up to her because we have yet to eat there.

Should have seen my bitter beer face when I bought her the drink package!!!

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

I wonder if the pub food will count under this a la carte..I found it pretty tasty on Anthem.

Now here is a topic that just baffles me, I have seen people post about eating at the pub before, but if I'm just wandering by the pub and stop and look at the menu all I ever see is the drinks they have to offer, so is the pub food a special menu that you have to ask for or is it only certain pubs on certain ships? Some of the items that I have seen posted look really good, so I would love to try them.

I have sailed on Voyager class, Freedom class, Oasis class (All s  hips except Symphony), this will be our first time on a Quantum class

17 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Now here is a topic that just baffles me, I have seen people post about eating at the pub before, but if I'm just wandering by the pub and stop and look at the menu all I ever see is the drinks they have to offer, so is the pub food a special menu that you have to ask for or is it only certain pubs on certain ships? Some of the items that I have seen posted look really good, so I would love to try them.

I have sailed on Voyager class, Freedom class, Oasis class (All s  hips except Symphony), this will be our first time on a Quantum class

Quantum class ships had a Michael's Pub.  It had some unique food items based on the relationship with Michael Schwartz.  On Oasis class 150 Central Park's menu originally came from Michael Schwatrz.  On Quantum class absent of a 150 Central Park, Michael's Pub was introduced.

When that relationship ended so did the menus and dishes that were inspired by Michael Schwartz on both classes of ships.  Michael's Pub was renamed like other pubs on the fleet.

47 minutes ago, twangster said:

When that relationship ended so did the menus and dishes that were inspired by Michael Schwartz on both classes of ships.  Michael's Pub was renamed like other pubs on the fleet.

When we went to Michael's (now called something else...can't remember) on Anthem in Feb. they still had some food.  I think Dan and I got a hamburger there once which was ok.  The rest was just bar food as far as I can recall.

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

I have the "new" menu posted on my Anthem blog from last March if you want to have a look.  They converted to that menu just after they ended their affiliation with Michael Schwatrz.  You can just go in and have food.  No need to ask for a special menu.  Last time we were there, they had them lying on each table.

2 hours ago, tiny260 said:

Well, if I hadn't gotten it on Black Friday I probably would not have done it,

It's been sitting at $261 (or something high like that) since after Black Friday.  Doesn't matter for us.  We are planning to beg our way into CK for this one ?

12 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have the "new" menu posted on my Anthem blog from last March if you want to have a look.  They converted to that menu just after they ended their affiliation with Michael Schwatrz.  You can just go in and have food.  No need to ask for a special menu.  Last time we were there, they had them lying on each table.

It's been sitting at $261 (or something high like that) since after Black Friday.  Doesn't matter for us.  We are planning to beg our way into CK for this one ?

is that the 9 night bermuda sailing?