twangster

Give Me Liberty, or ...not. An Insurance Claim Live Blog

8 minutes ago, Sweety said:

Yes. We still have icy roads. They are cancelling flights this morning. There are over 10 major accidents today. O'Hare cancelled 1000 flights.

In my case weather had to be a factor for my insurance to kick in.  I took the time to document the cancellations and notes because it can be hard to go back several days later and capture all that.  Here is the FAA stating "No routes available" so no airline was flying.  

436198673_LibertyMissedFlight-4.thumb.jpg.991b48ce693af0b88c5eb2f8b1ac28a1.jpg

5 hours ago, twangster said:

In my case weather had to be a factor for my insurance to kick in.  I took the time to document the cancellations and notes because it can be hard to go back several days later and capture all that.  

That's what kept us in limbo for so long for our airline claim..we saw on the news that the airport was going to be closed but I wanted to make sure we had the cancellation notice from Southwest in writing.  I didn't want to book the over $2K worth of plane tickets for the new flight until I knew we had the piece that would "prove our covered loss" occurred.  We were going to be booking on a different airline and I was worried the availability of flights was going to dry up due to all the cancellations.  If we wouldn't have found a flight, we would have ended up having to file for all the costs associated being stuck in New Jersey..not to mention we'd be..stuck in New Jersey.

9 hours ago, Sweety said:

Just found out SWA cancelled 125 flights yesterday. I am looking forward to my next cruise.

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Was it the weather system moving through that caused the cancellations?

Hubby was caught in Chicago too yesterday.  Same thing.  Southwest cancelled his flight home from the Star Wars convention due to weather.  Luckily, I was able to get him on a later flight last night.  He said lots of people at MDW were talking about missing their cruises 😕

10 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hubby was caught in Chicago too yesterday.  Same thing.  Southwest cancelled his flight home from the Star Wars convention due to weather.  Luckily, I was able to get him on a later flight last night.  He said lots of people at MDW were talking about missing their cruises 😕

Did he like the convention? He was not to far from me. I live in Hyde Park. I heard it was crowded. My neighbor was on his bike.

1 hour ago, Sweety said:

Did he like the convention? He was not to far from me. I live in Hyde Park. I heard it was crowded. My neighbor was on his bike.

He loved it.  He said it's one check off the bucket list.  I have my Star Class, and he has his Star Wars.  Now he just needs the Leafs to win the Cup. 😂

13 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

He loved it.  He said it's one check off the bucket list.  I have my Star Class, and he has his Star Wars.  Now he just needs the Leafs to win the Cup. 😂

He's young - might still happen in his lifetime - just remind him to not hold his breath.

37 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Caps fan? We can’t be friends anymore.

Let’s Go Pens! (Just not this year...lol)

I think Crosby thought you said Let’s Go... on vacation and started a few days early. Yeah, big caps fans. Last week my daughter was one of the selections for Jersey off our Backs and got to hang out with Evgeny Kuznetsov. 

06E1616E-9985-4487-A98E-4EE3C63BD0D7.png

On 4/15/2019 at 5:51 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Was going to make a joke at the Leafs expense, but then again I'm a Blues fan, so I don't have much room to talk on the Cup front...

9 minutes ago, betatke1480 said:

Was going to make a joke at the Leafs expense, but then again I'm a Blues fan, so I don't have much room to talk on the Cup front...

Yeah, but great turnaround after the Blues Entered the January game with the Caps dead last in the league in points. 

On 4/16/2019 at 3:03 PM, twangster said:
On 4/16/2019 at 2:25 PM, HeWhoWaits said:

He's young - might still happen in his lifetime - just remind him to not hold his breath.

That's what they said in 1968.  And 1969.  And 1970.  Any 1971...

As a Cubs fan, I can vouch that things like this can happen! Like we used to say...anyone can have a bad century

Staus Update:

Now they want another letter from Royal Caribbean on top of the letter below they requested.

On 4/14/2019 at 6:52 AM, twangster said:

1516199127_Royalcanclletterliberty.thumb.jpg.1251391c778068be60afca1c3ba2a520.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 18, 2019

1st Request
Re: Claim Number: 

Dear    ,

Thank you for submitting your claim with Allianz Global Assistance. We’re sorry that things didn’t go as planned.

While reviewing your claim, we found that additional information is required to accurately process your claim. The required documentation to process your claim is listed below:

• Verification from travel supplier on their letterhead regarding any refunds received.
  • Verification of travel supplier's penalties or copy of literature describing penalties.

Of I go back to my travel agent asking for more documentation.

40 minutes ago, twangster said:

Staus Update:

Now they want another letter from Royal Caribbean on top of the letter below they requested.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 18, 2019

1st Request
Re: Claim Number: 

Dear    ,

Thank you for submitting your claim with Allianz Global Assistance. We’re sorry that things didn’t go as planned.

While reviewing your claim, we found that additional information is required to accurately process your claim. The required documentation to process your claim is listed below:

• Verification from travel supplier on their letterhead regarding any refunds received.
  • Verification of travel supplier's penalties or copy of literature describing penalties.

Of I go back to my travel agent asking for more documentation.

GRRRRRRR....