Indecision runs rampant!

Angelicious

1 hour ago, Angelicious said:

can I stock up on bottled water this way?

With the refreshment package, I do this all the time.  Every time I go by a bar, I will ask for a bottle of water.  I stock them up in the room.  By the last day, Hubby says I need help and makes me stop.  lol

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

With the refreshment package, I do this all the time.  Every time I go by a bar, I will ask for a bottle of water.  I stock them up in the room.  By the last day, Hubby says I need help and makes me stop.  lol

Hubby says this also until he gets dry at night and chugs all the water in the fridge.

I'm a believer in drink pkgs because I also love to prepay...no surprise purchases at the end.  My teen was hit or miss with the refreshment pkg... My guess is that we broke pretty even with it or maybe lost a little.  This time she hasn't been clamoring for it, and since royal lets you bring a 12 pack of diet Coke on (and she doesn't mind carrying a regular tap water bottle) we probably won't get it.  What I'm rambling to say is that it probably won't make a huge difference either way.  If you purchase, pre book because it is definitely cheaper on a sale, but don't worry too much.  In the grand scheme of purchasing a big cruise, this is little stuff!  Have a great trip... I'm getting ready to get on Allure in 28 days for my first Oasis class cruise!  Can't wait!!!  Jane

Oh yeah... She did love the mocktails and I second the advice about the coffee card... It isn't as great a deal when you are counting each shot...   Jane

On 2/23/2019 at 8:34 PM, Angelicious said:

@spiralqueen, I have purchased the soda packages for us both. Also the Evian package of 12 1L bottles and a coffee card for myself. I just wonder if that will be enough for us! Thank you for being so kind! This is an awesome group!

What I did on the Oasis was got the refreshment package for me and the soda package for my Granddaughter.  With the refreshment package I was able to get all the specialty coffees that I wanted, all the bottle water that I wanted, soda, and several frozen N/A drinks. I did get the refreshment package on sale at $18/day so it was a win-win situation for us.

I know it's easy to get caught up in the drink package hype, but the reality is you do not need a drink package to have a great cruise.  Far from it, in fact. 

Drink packages exist to help sway folks who tend to drink a lot. Moreover, they also exist because it generates a lot of money for the cruise line.

Unless you are drinking 5 drinks covered with the drink package every day, I'd say skip it.  

3 hours ago, Angelicious said:

I just wanted to let y’all know that I made the decision to get myself the refreshment package and my son the soda package! Thanks for your help and your kindness! 

My kids LOVE being able to have a pop (I'm from Michigan, it's NOT soda! LOL) whenever they want when on a cruise.   The two of you will have a great time!  Cheers!