Royal Caribbean Blog

Royal Caribbean Ships For Sale

Just now, twangster said:

It should be of no surprise that all Vision class ships are out there to see if there if is any interest, much like ships of similar vintage from other cruise lines. 

I've been trying to put together a 'tour of small ships' going from one to another while they are still in the fleet.  They are all over so it's hard to make the dates work flying in from CO. 

Empress, Majesty, Enchantment, Vision, Rhapsody.

Any month now I expect to hear of one or more of them leaving.

And Grandeur --- My baby

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:16 AM, monctonguy said:

I am sad to see Enchantment going....I need to get back on her for one last cruise if that is the case.... :(

i  too need at least need one more cruise she is a grand lady I have many fond memories but refuse to sail out of mijami  now that she is coming to Canaveral I am looking at a cruise in sept 18 what a technical wonder she is having been cut in half and stretched absolutely I am going to try to get one of the ceramic models of this treasure hopefully there will still be some available ;(

14 hours ago, coneyraven said:

And Grandeur --- My baby

Since we were swindled out of one of our C&A points when RC went from counting cruises by single points to counting by total cruise nights (currently sitting at 22 points for some inexplicable reason :40_rage: ), we'll be one point shy of Platinum after our December sailing on the Oasis.  I was thinking that one of the short jaunts on the Grandeur to Bermuda would be a perfect lower cost way to bump out of Gold a bit earlier than we could otherwise afford.

Our first trip on Grandeur, back before they stretched her, was memorable in that when the luggage arrived at the stateroom, we discovered that MsDig had somehow forgotten to pack any of her dresses (most everyone dressed better for dinner back then).  I was seriously considering calling our daughter who had driven us to the terminal to ask her to run to our house, pack them in a bag and drop them off of the Key Bridge as we passed beneath!  I mean really, what could go wrong?

HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvQXhWd

Cooler heads prevailed and we decided instead to purchase suitable dinner clothing for her in the next port.  True story, though!

8 hours ago, Digmenow said:

Since we were swindled out of one of our C&A points when RC went from counting cruises by single points to counting by total cruise nights (currently sitting at 22 points for some inexplicable reason :40_rage: ), we'll be one point shy of Platinum after our December sailing on the Oasis.  I was thinking that one of the short jaunts on the Grandeur to Bermuda would be a perfect lower cost way to bump out of Gold a bit earlier than we could otherwise afford.

Our first trip on Grandeur, back before they stretched her, was memorable in that when the luggage arrived at the stateroom, we discovered that MsDig had somehow forgotten to pack any of her dresses (most everyone dressed better for dinner back then).  I was seriously considering calling our daughter who had driven us to the terminal to ask her to run to our house, pack them in a bag and drop them off of the Key Bridge as we passed beneath!  I mean really, what could go wrong?

HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvQXhWd

Cooler heads prevailed and we decided instead to purchase suitable dinner clothing for her in the next port.  True story, though!

I love this --- one minor flaw in your story though, the Grandeur was never stretched ..... It was Enchantment.  Although, Enchantment did do a stint in Baltimore for a while so you get a pass on that one.

9 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

I love this --- one minor flaw in your story though, the Grandeur was never stretched ..... It was Enchantment.  Although, Enchantment did do a stint in Baltimore for a while so you get a pass on that one.

Indeed!  I just knew that it was an RC ship based in Baltimore.  I didn't realize that there was a ship prior to Grandeur.  Thanks for the info!

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, KathyC said:

I really need Majesty to stick around until 2021 - I want my first crystal block to be of my very first ship.  

I can 100% relate to that!  My first block is going to come on Oasis and it is so fitting since I am 100% Team Oasis Class, and Oasis was a our first sailing in that class back on her inaugural in 2009.