WONDERing How Cruise #2 Will Go - March 17-24, 2024

OCSC Mike

4 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

I’m sorry to report chocolate croissants in the suite  lounge @OCSC Mike you can meet me somewhere and I can get you some 😜

Missed this earlier. Tell Kenny to send some down to the basement so Alan’s daughter can enjoy her cruise!

29 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I'm happy to hear about Hide a Way. We HAD 20.00 entrance before the Utopia move. I'm not paying 70.00!! I will try to claw back my sail pricing but not holding my breath. Thank you so much for the photos, it does look amazing.

Can you purchase your dining options now on Utopia?

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

SMH at group of 8 adults in the pool talking about how Hideaway Beach is $70pp if you book it in person. It has been $19.99-$26.99pp in the planner for months.

Pricing has been crazy on our cruise. The lowest i saw them for was $34.99. They are $64.99 now in the Planner.

@Sweety no, nothing yet. I had the Evian water, the Hideaway and was waiting to pounce on the Railroad with the rest of my OBC. Now I have zero OBC, just cruise planner cancelations and my cruise planner allows for just a few Coco Cay purchases, Hideaway is not even there. Hoping AT LEAST our OBC is back when I receive our new invoice. Fingers crossed.🤞

Serious lack of eating today. Heat is one thing that kills my appetite & I was too hot to stuff myself at CocoCay. I didn’t even have a funnel cake. That’s unheard of for me.

We got back on the ship, showered, cooled off (the a/c is insanely strong in our cabin), & destroyed a small crowd at cartoon theme song trivia (it was nearly all 80s/90s stuff). We gave away one of the highlighters we won to a young boy & went back to the cabin to relax. I planned to hit up ELF but dozed off instead. I needed it but now I’ll be making up for lack of food with CL snacks, MDR Italian night, WJ & Sorrentos… I’d rather have ELF tbh but we’ll see what I find.

Nothing really planned after dinner. Still have plenty of vouchers to use.

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

Has hell frozen over and i just don't know it?

Might have been heat stroke. I have no  explanation.

MDR Italian night was unexpectedly good. Arancini (forgot a pic) was crispy & tasty, lasagna actually had meat & wasn’t mushy, & even my wife loved the chocolate hazelnut cake. Neither of us tasted any hazelnut. It was very similar to the molten chocolate cake which she loved on Allure. Thanks for the recommendation @FionaMG !

IMG_1956.thumb.jpeg.335bd36d1d23b27bccf9487a9a898fda.jpegIMG_1957.thumb.jpeg.0adec833da64dfb5682a9ea3dd796ed3.jpeg

Apologies for the missing bites.

Waiting for Name That Tune: 80’s and trying a “Metalliquor”

IMG_1958.thumb.jpeg.d594baaff388626721f300e69c46fe58.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

The steak at Hooked is 10x better than the one at Chops. TBH every steak from everywhere is better than the one a Chops imho. 

I’m fascinated to try the filet at Giovanni’s now that everyone speaks so  highly of it. I have always just ordered Italian dishes in the past. 
service at hooked was excellent by the way.

18 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

TBH every steak from everywhere is better than the one a Chops imho. 

So many people say this. It’s bizarre that the steakhouse would have the worst filet… especially since I’ve enjoyed filet from 3 other venues & I’m not even a huge filet fan… I prefer some fat in my steak like a ribeye.

12 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

@asquared17 You have converted me from Tobasco Chipotle to Cholula. You’re right, it is a tiny bit thicker.

it’s honestly SO much better. 

tabasco is like watery pepper drops. like pepper water. blergh. 

standard cholula is delicious but the chipotle cholula is even better 😍

18 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

Man we got lucky with just us in port yesterday.

Doubly lucky with Labadee cancelled. Some ships who were supposed to be alone now have company later this week from re-routed Labadee itineries.

That said, I was there 3X with Indy/Freedom & it wasn’t bad (neither Oasis class ofc). Hideaway also helps now too.

That said, love being there alone & Wonder is actually alone quite a bit. Scheduling quirk in my favor. We’re alone again twice this summer (as of now).

15 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Serious lack of eating today. Heat is one thing that kills my appetite & I was too hot to stuff myself at CocoCay. I didn’t even have a funnel cake. That’s unheard of for me.

We got back on the ship, showered, cooled off (the a/c is insanely strong in our cabin), & destroyed a small crowd at cartoon theme song trivia (it was nearly all 80s/90s stuff). We gave away one of the highlighters we won to a young boy & went back to the cabin to relax. I planned to hit up ELF but dozed off instead. I needed it but now I’ll be making up for lack of food with CL snacks, MDR Italian night, WJ & Sorrentos… I’d rather have ELF tbh but we’ll see what I find.

Nothing really planned after dinner. Still have plenty of vouchers to use.

During our 8 day cruise in December 2023, Between my parents and us we had 18 vouchers per day. we got our cabin steward water and pop of his choice. He was very grateful. Every two day he had a case plus.

5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

@OCSC Mike, I read somewhere that the DJ booth has been completely removed from the Oasis pool on PDCC.  Is this true and how was the noise level at the pool when you were there (yesterday ?) ?  I may actually consider going to the pool on PDCC if that ungodly noise has been eliminated.

Thanks !

Ya know, I’m not sure if there was a live DJ or it was just an automated music track but the music was pretty much the same as far as volume. We don’t find it loud where we sit but that sorta thing is subjective.

2 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

IMG_1321.jpeg

This never ceases to amaze me. Our last Norwegian cruise (which was over Thanksgiving) had 35 Diamond Plus equivalents (norwegian separates points, 175-349 is Sapphire and 350-699 is Diamond, so there were 29 Sapphires and 6 Diamonds) and a whopping 2 Ambassadors (700+ points) on a ship with nearly 4k pax. Sometimes i think Royal's loyalty program is a victim of its own success. 😀

I say this because for the most part, Norwegian's added tier benefits after Platinum (Royal's Diamond status equivalent) are negligible. I'm not sure of anyone who chases status after achieving Platinum. We're sitting at 290 points (Sapphire) and have no reason to get to Diamond. Heck, we had no reason to go from Platinum to Sapphire. 🤣