What are these luggage tags??

Hi, there is no pictures attached to your post so I have just posted general information.

Luggage tags will be part of the pre-cruise documents you will get sent a few weeks before your cruise. You can buy luggage tag holders on Amazon to put them in and affix to your bags or you can just staple the ones you print directly around your luggage handles.

6 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

Saw these luggage tag holders on Amazon.  Are these the luggage tags we need to print in advance?  Are these for when we get to the port and they take our luggage?  What do all the numbers, letters, and symbols mean on the tags?

If you mean these ones:

image.png.efabb5d0606b835126df59ad65dcef25.png

They are great and I definitely recommend them. I use them first of all to put our identification in for our flights and then switch that out for the cruise tags before boarding the ship. Don't put the cruise tags on your bags until you reach your embarkation port city.

The ones with the steel rings are best (some come with plastic rings which are not as strong).

The numbers, letters and symbols are for the people who will load your luggage. It tells them what area, deck and cabin number you are in so that they can deliver your luggage to you.

@FionaMG has great examples of plastic luggage tag *holders* you can get via Amazon.

Your actual luggage tags will come in your final documents about 30 days prior to your cruise. Your specific details will be printed on there. You can print those out, cut (or fold) then down, and put them in the plastic luggage tag holders if you purchase some. It's especially helpful for a rainy embarkation day! The steel rings also ensure the tag doesn't get ripped off in transit from ship side to your room onboard.

Don't want to pay for the holders? No problem - just print and staple to your luggage prior to embarkation (but AFTER your flight if you're flying to port). No printer? No problem either - porters will greet you upon arrival at embarkation and they have paper ones they can write on. 👍

The luggage tag holders are a great addition to your 'cruise stuff'.

I keep large travel document wallet that lives in my home safe.  The wallet is made of nylon, has larger, credit card type pockets and a zippered compartment that folds and snaps closed. This same document wallet is kept handy while traveling and in the ships safe once on board.

Inside I keep:

• Passports
  • Vaccine cards
  • SCUBA certification cards
  • Paper copy of travel documents including airline tickets, paper copy of Set Sail Pass, copies of hotel reservations, info on destinations and so on. Papers are folded in thirds and slipped into the credit card type pockets.
  • There is room to keep the luggage tag holders in between trips.

There are lots of styles and designs. Just search Amazon for 'travel wallets' to see availability.

This very similar to what I carry:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Travel-Passport-Wallet-Organizer/dp/B01C7UO2N6/ref=sr_1_30?crid=1X81DC7R6KY5N&keywords=travel+wallet&qid=1706545817&sprefix=travell+walle%2Caps%2C214&sr=8-30

Capture.JPG.5d07b7ca2579d4dd6dce440909081e68.JPG

sounds like everyone has answered your questions.
At the end of the cruise I slip in a bright color index card (piece of paper willwork) with the family name in large print so hopefully no one will take the wrong bag out of the luggage terminal  When I get home I slip the paper into my luggage so it is ready for the next cruise.

6 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

At the end of the cruise I slip in a bright color index card (piece of paper willwork) with the family name in large print so hopefully no one will take the wrong bag out of the luggage terminal  When I get home I slip the paper into my luggage so it is ready for the next cruise.

I also figured out just recently that when doing a B2B that I had to change rooms once and slipping that piece of paper into the holder indicating my new room number helps the cabin steward as well.

One additional piece of advice.  Don't buy the narrow ones.  Buy the wider ones that say they are for Princess, Carnival, HAL, etc.  Easier to put in the narrow RCCL and Celebrity tags...and, if you ever take a cruise on a different line, those same wide tag holders will work for those as well.  And yes, make sure it's the metal rings and that they have a ziploc closure so the inside won't get wet.

And, when you print out the tags from the website, ignore the instructions and just cut out the tag itself--right along the edges--fold in half and insert.

On 1/29/2024 at 10:40 AM, Ditchdoc said:

The luggage tag holders are a great addition to your 'cruise stuff'.

I keep large travel document wallet that lives in my home safe.  The wallet is made of nylon, has larger, credit card type pockets and a zippered compartment that folds and snaps closed. This same document wallet is kept handy while traveling and in the ships safe once on board.

Inside I keep:

• Passports
  • Vaccine cards
  • SCUBA certification cards
  • Paper copy of travel documents including airline tickets, paper copy of Set Sail Pass, copies of hotel reservations, info on destinations and so on. Papers are folded in thirds and slipped into the credit card type pockets.
  • There is room to keep the luggage tag holders in between trips.

There are lots of styles and designs. Just search Amazon for 'travel wallets' to see availability.

This very similar to what I carry:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Travel-Passport-Wallet-Organizer/dp/B01C7UO2N6/ref=sr_1_30?crid=1X81DC7R6KY5N&keywords=travel+wallet&qid=1706545817&sprefix=travell+walle%2Caps%2C214&sr=8-30

Capture.JPG.5d07b7ca2579d4dd6dce440909081e68.JPG

Thank you for this information and suggestion.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 11:58 AM, Pattycruise said:

Like your idea. Going to try to remember for my next cruise. thanks

Most important thing to remember once you have the plastic holders is to REMOVE your printed cruise tags when you get home, if you store your plastic holders with the printed sheets still in them for months or a year, the ink gets stuck to the plastic and makes removing the old ones impossible! Aside from the fact that sections get stuck as you’re yanking it out and then partial colored patches will always remain inside the holder. Ask me how I know!! haha

I too have a set for Royal and a set for everyone else because I bought my RC sized ones first and then took a HAL cruise where they are jumbo sized.