Harmony leaving Galveston, and Icon 3 coming in?

Harmony of the seas is doing a transatlantic cruise from Galveston to Barcelona, on March 16 2026, and this is also the expected release date of Icon 3, since Harmony has been a stronghold in Galveston and will have stayed multiple years, do y’all think it will be replaced by Icon 3, as they built a whole new terminal capable of holding Icon class ships, and the other ports capable of holding one, have one (Fort Lauderdale and Miami are so close I’m considering them the same, as it’s a very similar market) due to this, I think it’s likely that Icon 3, homeports in Galveston and remains for a while

It could happen. Carnival has their newest ship in Galveston, and NCL and Princess have a presence. Plus, MSC is likely going to start sailing out of Galveston around that time.

Maybe Royal will see a need to put one of their big guns in Galveston to compete.

Time will tell.

The first steel was cut today for Icon 3 (1-12-24). The first steel was cut for Star of the Seas on 2-14-23, her first voyage was announced on 12-6-23, and her first voyage is set for 8-17-25, 2 years and six months after steel cutting.

So, if the same amount of time was taken to build Icon 3, her first voyage would not be until July of '26.

I think we'll know more when the schedule for Summer '26 comes out.

I think 2026 will be a good time to check out MSC. Their prices are competitive.

• 3 weeks later...

That seems like the logical next step... potentially meaning, the best opportunity of an Icon class ship(particularly the IotS ship itself) making its way to Galveston, could come around April of 2028. After Wonder does its 2yr stint in Galveston & Icon would have at least have done 4yrs & a quarter service, on the high seas, my guess.

7 hours ago, twangster said:

Just casually looking at bookings for Port Canaveral in 2025, I see Utopia of the Seas prominently featured. If Utopia is homeported in PC, Wonder to Galveston seems sensible. 

38 minutes ago, Atricks said:

Wonder, with the giant cowboy hat on the promenade, in Galveston when Star moves in to Port Canaveral seems like the most likely thing.

Wonder is expected to do short 3/4 cruises from somewhere in FL after Star takes over in PC. Harmony is already in Galveston through spring 2026 so I think it's more likely that Wonder replaces Harmony at that point. We should find out in the coming weeks.

3 hours ago, Happy Cruisers said:

Beyond it becoming the most affluent consumer base in the world.  But 'Merica. 

Have you ever seen the ships they built SPECIFICALLY fror the Chinese market?  Icon and it's accoutrements are not at all what the "affluent consumer base" in China is looking for.

You may want to check your "most affluent" claim.  The Chinese government is doing everything in its power to prevent this very thing from happening.  The Chinese government usually gets their way.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just posted this morning were Itineraries for Allure of the Seas starting with March 22,2026.  I guess we have our answer as to which ship will be coming to Galveston when HarmonyOTS leaves.  AllureOTS will be going to dry dock from February 10, 2025 to April 15, 2025 and will be doing itineraries out of Spain before she makes the trip back to Galveston March 22, 2026

• 1 month later...

They are insinuating it will be the Wonder.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2024/03/22/royal-caribbean-beach-club-cozumel-mexico

Same article, Mr. Bayley stated: 

"It wasn't by accident we put Allure of the Seas into Texas, and now we've got Harmony of the seas. And if you just think forward a few more years, I wonder what we're going to do next."

On 3/24/2024 at 1:34 PM, TXCoastPatriot said:

They are insinuating it will be the Wonder.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2024/03/22/royal-caribbean-beach-club-cozumel-mexico

Same article, Mr. Bayley stated: 

"It wasn't by accident we put Allure of the Seas into Texas, and now we've got Harmony of the seas. And if you just think forward a few more years, I wonder what we're going to do next."

You have posted this twice now and we all know it’s going to be Allure- the bookings are already open 

Be careful what you wish for. Too expensive. Love the ship, love the innovation and Royal being visionaries but I don't want this ship in NJ if can fit under the Verazanno. Keep an "older" Oasis class ship and Liberty here. 4 booked on Liberty right now and very reasonable. 

12 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

You have posted this twice now

Thank you Captain, I am aware, however there are two similar topics posts.  In addition it was posted prior to the confirmation of the Allure.

I apologize to all for being redundant and superfluous.

49 minutes ago, TXCoastPatriot said:

Thank you Captain, I am aware, however there are two similar topics posts.  In addition it was posted prior to the confirmation of the Allure.

I apologize to all for being redundant and superfluous.

You posted it on Sunday 3/24 in two threads. 
Allure sailings we’re put on sale over a month ago