diamonds go AGAIN!! (an oasis reprise) ~ 2.4.2024-2.11.2024 ~ oasis of the seas

asquared17

But I am in the camp of I don't fool with no dead flowers. Once you cut them, they are dead and funk up your house.

I had similar issues with ELF on Allure and Wonder. I think they should have the nacho cheese in two places, honestly because you almost have to always cut the line. But ELF is a bad setup in general.

3 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

These are great; all of them very smart for cruising!

But... what is up with the picture for this???

The diamonds (ice?) are jumping directly inside THROUGH the wall? And what the marshmallow fluff is that little white ball of stuff?

Screenshot_20240209_185331_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.dca841e6b2e2c36113fb33d7a3a302ce.jpg

Yeah those pictures didn't help. But that little ice tray is great for when you stay in hotels and they have the tiny freezer, because it freezes fast........takes up no space.

16 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

Yours has a plug. All of my brother's are USB. I think that makes a difference. 

4 hours ago, Cactus527 said:
21 hours ago, asquared17 said:

YAY!! welcome to the cup clip club!! (say THAT 10 times fast 😂

Thank goodness I am alone at the moment when I tried it, it ended up sounding like I was saying some rude names for body parts. Now my mouth feels like rubber. 🤣

i’m cackling at this 😆😆😆

4 hours ago, Sweety said:

I am on Oasis in 2026. I will be giving all my calories to everyone on this blog. Dare I say Portside.

we will take them 😆😆😆 you will have such a wonderful time!

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

But we did talk in an AOL chat room (before your time, @asquared17?).

oh god AIM. i am on the fringes of this reference but very limited 😂

2 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

present, I wanted to see a comedian that I like who was on tour and in our city in January

this would be john crist for me 💚😂 but i hope you had a good time at whatever comedian you saw!!!!

2 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

WHY do two lanes merge together in the middle of all the lanes with no sign and no warning!!!

it’s like a permanent game of chicken. you gotta be quick!! (and watch out for oblivious folks…. not unlike the deer in headlights at the jammer) 😂

i am checking out the mini kettle now (but i’m probably keeping the other one for non-cruise vacations tbh)

9 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Yours has a plug. All of my brother's are USB. I think that makes a difference. 

this is like the never ending story with all my confiscated items 😂🙃😅

32 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I don't fool with no dead flowers. Once you cut them, they are dead and funk up your house.

this is too real!!!!

32 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I think they should have the nacho cheese in two places, honestly because you almost have to always cut the line. But ELF is a bad setup in general.

tbh they should expand ELF. it’s more popular than they gave it credit for, in my opinion!! 

and yes there should be nacho cheese in two places OR at the end of the line instead of the middle. 

… why don’t they just let us solve these problems!! 😂

Actually, I need to revise that a bit.

Yes, we chatted privately on AIM, but there were chat rooms on the AOL service (not AIM, which was just like FB Messenger, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.) where you could talk to total strangers. Kinda like Discord today I guess... except very broad topics like "Teen Chat" or "College Corner" not linked to something super specific like a singular website.

50 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

tbh they should expand ELF. it’s more popular than they gave it credit for

I agree. I don't think they anticipated the demand for quick tasty tacos etc. I also agree that they need to move the nacho cheese.

27 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

broad topics like "Teen Chat" or "College Corner"

Its embarrassing how much time I spent in those chat rooms......

in non-bezos related news… it was formal night!

this is the third night we’ve skipped champagne at vintages, which kills me softly, since i both miss it and seeing our favorite bartender, roman, in vintages. 

but my sore throat won’t die yet and i’m determined not to squash my immune system while it tries to fight back. 

SO. 

evian as my drink of choice, it is. 

i don’t think i’ve used any of my vouchers in the past few days and it’s a sin, honestly. 

but i digress. 

formal night — and more importantly — LOBSTER night. 

my expectations were low; although the service in the MDR really has been great, there is nothing like the peace and service in CK. and while i was trying not to compare, some things are just inevitable. 

however!! dinner was delicious!! the lobster was perfectly poached, not over cooked at all, and tasted delicious. the shrimp cocktail was also very good! i had initially skipped dessert but requested if there was any sorbet at the end of service. 

our head waiter spoke to our assistant waiter and encouraged him to raid the galley — as we were on deck 3 for dinner — and he said this is the biggest galley aboard the ship. 

IMG_8176.thumb.jpeg.7af40e5eb5b3f07607d83031953ecf46.jpeg

IMG_8178.thumb.jpeg.0abbd547283d3e1b3bc77cd187cc8dbb.jpeg

IMG_8177.thumb.jpeg.4c54c95f7f69178afb045994aceffe48.jpeg

sadly the tortellini did not have truffles, crispy sage leaf, or small cubes of squash like in CK 😂

they did a presentation and brought all the chefs out, lots of singing and dancing and while it is not usually my scene, it was so nice to see the crew get the acknowledgement and praise for the phenomenal job they do!! i was so happy to see  the smiles and delight on their faces; they work SO hard. 

the person making the announcements told us they prepare 35,000 meals A DAY. (…more if @OCSC Mike is aboard… JK JK 😂)

i nearly fell off my chair!!!! 😳😳😳😳

in the proverbial words of darth vader, “MOST impressive.”

my outfit shot is not as inspiring as i had hoped (my dress is too big 😩) but it’s new to cruising so i’ll add it into the lineup of pics. 

IMG_8175.thumb.jpeg.b9e536b1c32c3d700218b6697a9a830b.jpeg

we had every intention of going duck scattering after dinner but…. once we had walked down the corridor to our cabin, i could not bear to walk back away. 

now i sit here listening to the balcony door divider rattle incessantly outside and hope i can tune it out to eventually sleep 😂

hard to believe tomorrow is the last day. 💚

IMG_8173.jpeg

IMG_8174.jpeg

IMG_8181.jpeg

stray observations:

- there are A LOT of tiny tiny smalls aboard. like 2 and under. i’ve never seen so many young tiny smalls before. 

- there seems to be an alarming trend of folks going barefoot throughout the ship. of all ages. CONSTANTLY.  like…. why. just. no. 

- i have never seen such short hemlines in my entire human life. the things i have seen due to lack of an appropriate skirt length CANNOT BE UNSEEN. 😱

- while we mostly stick to our typical common areas, this particular sailing feels more packed than previous cruises. i know we are at least at double occupancy but we have to be over that, given the number of smalls running around. i’d be curious to know the final pax count honestly.

- SO MANY PEOPLE are coughing and sneezing into the air and not covering their mouths. and forget hand washing 🙃 it’s like an unlearnable concept.  

7 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

but my sore throat won’t die yet and i’m determined not to squash my immune system while it tries to fight back. 

SO. 

Alcohol is used as a disinfectant.....just sayin......

8 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

sadly the tortellini did not have truffles, crispy sage leaf, or small cubes of squash like in CK

At least there weren't any random peppers.....

11 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

i don’t think i’ve used any of my vouchers in the past few days and it’s a sin, honestly.

😭

the lobster was perfectly poached, not over cooked at all, and tasted delicious.

Good to hear. I wasn't going to bother having my wife order one (and pass it off to me since she eats zero seafood except tuna, as in the sandwich kind) but maybe I should.

sadly the tortellini did not have truffles, crispy sage leaf, or small cubes of squash like in CK

Which is how my picky wife wants it... PLAIN, lol. That's actually on the short list of MDR entrees she will eat (not saying she especially likes it or not, just that it's something she will see on a menu and be OK ordering).

more if @OCSC Mike is aboard… JK JK 😂

*groan* 🤣

Cute hippo!

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Mimosas for the added vitamin C maybe?

Now we're on to something. Vitamin C in the AM, Maybe some lavender liqueur added to the bubbles in the evening to help you relax and sleep.

I'm willing to participate in a study to compare the efficacy of that vs melatonin. 

44 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

stray observations:

- there are A LOT of tiny tiny smalls aboard. like 2 and under. i’ve never seen so many young tiny smalls before. 

-

- while we mostly stick to our typical common areas, this particular sailing feels more packed than previous cruises. i know we are at least at double occupancy but we have to be over that, given the number of smalls running around. i’d be curious to know the final pax count honestly.

@asquared17you can ask your room attendant about pax count.   Baretenders also typically know.  Or loyalty ambassador, or the Crown lounge representative. Better yet, go knock on the Captain's door.   Btw...who is your cruise director this week?

I have enjoyed following along with your adventures, did you go to Jamaica (did I miss that)?

Also so engrossed in your adventures that I mistakenly told my daughter to go to ELF today when she got on her ship at Port Canaveral before realizing she's on Allure!  Doh!   Real party vibe on those 3 day cruises, she's there for a bridal party thingy.

8 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

Also so engrossed in your adventures that I mistakenly told my daughter to go to ELF today when she got on her ship at Port Canaveral before realizing she's on Allure!  Doh! 

Allure now has Wipe Out Café Featuring El Loco Fresh - they switched the food over sometime between when I was on her in 2022 and when I was on her in 2023.

2 hours ago, asquared17 said:

stray observations:

- there seems to be an alarming trend of folks going barefoot throughout the ship. of all ages. CONSTANTLY.  like…. why. just. no. 

- i have never seen such short hemlines in my entire human life. the things i have seen due to lack of an appropriate skirt length CANNOT BE UNSEEN. 😱

- SO MANY PEOPLE are coughing and sneezing into the air and not covering their mouths. and forget hand washing 🙃 it’s like an unlearnable concept.  

Saw several of the same few people on Ascent always barefoot or just walking around in socks. Socks. Why...?

And yes, all of my recent cruises, people coughing and sneezing without covering, including elevators or around the food.

Soooo many people refuse to wash hands at the buffet.

Saw one guy at the buffet wash his hands, then stand there and blow his nose (HARD) into the towel he used to dry his hands. Then he wiped his nose a lot, tossed the towel, and strolled to the buffet, ignoring the staff person offering hand sanitizer. She and I exchanged a look--she clearly was appalled as well.

Stay safe!

3 hours ago, asquared17 said:

stray observations:

I saw this just now and thought of you, @asquared17.

Screenshot_20240209-220309.png

9 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

Tiny smalls are the best things in life 

💚 they are so dang cute 

9 hours ago, GregD said:

At least there weren't any random peppers.....

THANKFULLY. never thought i’d be so glad to not have italian frying peppers in a meal before….. 😅

9 hours ago, GregD said:

Also, my son would lose his mind over that hippo

this hippo is pretty cute 😍 i will have a little farm of towel animals by tonight, and i have to say, i much prefer the minis to the typical huge ones they have been making in the past. 

9 hours ago, GregD said:
9 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Mimosas for the added vitamin C maybe?

Now we're on to something. Vitamin C in the AM, Maybe some lavender liqueur added to the bubbles in the evening to help you relax and sleep.

I'm willing to participate in a study to compare the efficacy of that vs melatonin. 

you guys crack me up 😆 

9 hours ago, Va4fam said:

asquared17you can ask your room attendant about pax count.   Baretenders also typically know.  Or loyalty ambassador, or the Crown lounge representative. Better yet, go knock on the Captain's door.   Btw...who is your cruise director this week?

I have enjoyed following along with your adventures, did you go to Jamaica (did I miss that)?

i love our captain, he sounds much more relaxed/jovial this time around. i suppose not having 10 ALPHA ALPHA ALPHAs and a man overboard and an emergency medical evacuation will do that to a person 😅 i forget who the CD is, but i have occasionally heard them on the PA. i think it is a guy. 

we have paulina to do translation of all the captain announcements, so sometimes i get my wires crossed 😂

and yes! jamaica was yesterday, although we didn’t get off the ship. …just stuffed myself with ELF. 😂

i hope your daughter has fun on allure!! 

7 hours ago, She Sails Away said:

Soooo many people refuse to wash hands at the buffet.

i truly… do not understand.  

hard to believe today is the last day!! 😩 i don’t want to even THINK about packing just yet.

it sort of looks like we are sailing into some possible weather… i am not sure if the the seats will be a good idea today or if we need to relocate to the solarium… given last time and hearing the message of doom in the solarium, i would probably rather not 😂 but i will see what J thinks.

also my head hurts the way it does when a storm is coming in so i think there is a pressure shift occurring, which tracks. i will finally succumb and take an advil cold and sinus. 

here we have our early sun:

IMG_8183.thumb.jpeg.30436a14af52713d0a96d620ec8404e5.jpeg

and my beloved little towel farm:

IMG_8184.thumb.jpeg.be46f6ab2496b71360d9bda840e25a42.jpeg

So...whiskey was always my answer to a sore throat. Then again,whiskey was my answer to A LOT of things and that's why I'm two years sober now, 😆.   Did they make the chicken joke in the dining room when they were doing the announcements? I feel like they did the same joke both times I sailed Oasis last year,  about a single chicken being on board and it being responsible for all the eggs they use. 

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You seem pretty knowledgeable about this stuff but my wife just started using this tea for sore throats

yes!! throat coat tea is fantastic! i may have some somewhere but who knows where that may be 😂

yes emergen c!! also good!!

i actually have electrolyte packets that i’ve been remiss in not taking but im also a little out of it this week 😂

just left GS. 

whether computer glitch or random issue, none of the requests from the sleepless night were actioned on. 

so i had to explain it all again 🙃 but the GS officer was extremely kind and helpful and i have walked away with my future cruise credit IN HAND. 

i think it will be a gorgeous day in the neighborhood. 

on my way to park cafe for first breakfast. 💚

IMG_8188.jpeg

IMG_8189.jpeg

Add mine to the voices that love the hippo.  All of those minis are so adorable.  I'm with you, A.  I like the minis way more than the big critters.  The first time I ever saw a mini was a few years ago when we were Star Class and our attendant was Jose.  He claimed to be the original towel animal artist.  No idea if it's true, but he is/was very very talented.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Meant to post this yesterday but forgot. You seem pretty knowledgeable about this stuff but my wife just started using this tea for sore throats. FWIW, it was recommended to her by people in the voice over industry.

IMG_1906.thumb.jpeg.af85fa64ac94a162a9c912331558d6a3.jpeg

The adolescent in me always chuckles every time I walk past these teas in the grocery store. Their marketing dept. are my kind of people.