2nd Deployment of 2025 Caribbean sailings

Bloomy

• 2 months later...
50 minutes ago, Marlena said:

Wonder is showing a random sailing in July from port Canaveral ( with nothing else showing from April). Preview of what's to come or error?

Possibly a test load for next week's release. My assumption has been that Wonder will keep doing 7N from PC until Star launches in August 2025.

Those prices can't be right though... they're higher than Star.

30 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I priced out some candidates for summer '25 and spring break '26.   Those will by far be the most expensive cruises I've ever booked when booking a year plus in advance.

Exactly what I'm waiting for. We'll see how high is too high.

19 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am looking at booking as far into August 2025 as I can manage and maybe it will be cheaper due to hurricane season lol

School starts way too early for that here (and I don't particular need to be even farther into hurricane season than I already am, lol) but hope it works out for ya!

It's early June for us and then sometime in July if we do 2... just like we have booked now.

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

A random question...Can the terminal in LA handle an Oasis class sized ship? I don't want to be surprised and find Wonder in LA in August 2025...that would be worse than Galveston for me.

I know it's not what you want but based on my reliable source, barring something very unexpected, Wonder will be doing 3/4's from somewhere in FL (I'm assuming south FL) once Star launches in August 2025.

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

I know it's not what you want but based on my reliable source, barring something very unexpected, Wonder will be doing 3/4's from somewhere in FL (I'm assuming south FL) once Star launches in August 2025.

That is what I am hoping for (that she moves to FL or MIA). I am fully prepared to book a b2b on Wonder sometime towards mid-end of August 2025.

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That is what I am hoping for (that she moves to FL or MIA). I am fully prepared to book a b2b on Wonder sometime towards mid-end of August 2025.

Oh, OK, you just want the ship even if it means no real ports and a turnaround day... have you been reading too many of my posts? 🤣

Double Snack Shack for Hubby! Do the freeloaders like CocoCay?

I'll be comparing Wonder to B2B's on Utopia (again) for June/July. We did the 3/4 B2B once and enjoyed it but I'd likely have to be saving some $ to choose it over 7N on Wonder... for what would be the 6th and/or 7th time. 🙈

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

Oh, OK, you just want the ship even if it means no real ports and a turnaround day... have you been reading too many of my posts? 🤣

Double Snack Shack for Hubby! Do the freeloaders like CocoCay?

No. I have a very specific plan. Both freeloaders have not sailed Wonder. We are taking them on that. It's 100% for the ship. I will likely book Utopia for December 2025 (NYE). And then in 2026 we will deal with Icon class for the freeloaders. It's all about the ship. 

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No. I have a very specific plan. Both freeloaders have not sailed Wonder. We are taking them on that. It's 100% for the ship. I will likely book Utopia for December 2025 (NYE). And then in 2026 we will deal with Icon class for the freeloaders. It's all about the ship. 

I was just about to ask about Utopia b/c they'll likely be doing the exact same thing and are almost identical (as you know)... but now I know your master plan.

17 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I was just about to ask about Utopia b/c they'll likely be doing the exact same thing and are almost identical (as you know)... but now I know your master plan.

Yup. Wonder for August 2025 and the Utopia for December 2025. That is the master plan. Hearing rumours that Wonder might move to Galveston pretty much solidified that plan a few months ago. I have priced out star and icon for those dates too but more than likely we will save icon class for summer 2026. 

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

A random question...Can the terminal in LA handle an Oasis class sized ship? I don't want to be surprised and find Wonder in LA in August 2025...that would be worse than Galveston for me.

LA is my "home" cruise port, and I actually wonder if they could handle an Oasis-size ship. They still have canvas tent material for places people wait before their boarding time is called! While the building (warehouse?) is big, I just don't know. Also, California has all kinds of restrictions on things, I wonder if that makes it harder for RC to put another ship in LA other than Navigator. I have yet to see an Oasis class even stop at San Pedro.

11 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

LA is my "home" cruise port, and I actually wonder if they could handle an Oasis-size ship. They still have canvas tent material for places people wait before their boarding time is called! While the building (warehouse?) is big, I just don't know. Also, California has all kinds of restrictions on things, I wonder if that makes it harder for RC to put another ship in LA other than Navigator. I have yet to see an Oasis class even stop at San Pedro.

I have only cruised out of LA once...the terminal was quite a surprise with, as you mentioned, the tents and big open warehouse style building. In my opinion if they were to put an Oasis in there they would have to build a new terminal and upgrade the arrival/departure areas along with the roads leading in.

28 minutes ago, Mike n Ky said:

I have only cruised out of LA once...the terminal was quite a surprise with, as you mentioned, the tents and big open warehouse style building. In my opinion if they were to put an Oasis in there they would have to build a new terminal and upgrade the arrival/departure areas along with the roads leading in.

^^^This. What other cruise port is there where you literally circle a parking lot to drive in/out? It's a BIG parking lot, granted, but it's nothing in comparison to what I've seen elsewhere! No parking garage, just the surface lot, so yes, I think it'd have to be built up more to support an Oasis-class ship.

16 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

LA is my "home" cruise port, and I actually wonder if they could handle an Oasis-size ship.

Aside from shoreside, I don’t think an Oasis class ship could turn around once it got up the main channel to San Pedro.

In San Pedro, the turning basin for a ship of OA size looks on the other side of the Vincent Thomas Bridge which only has a clearance of 184 feet. Verrazano Bridge, which we know Oasis just barely squeaks under is 228’. Maaaaybe OA could pull in bow first towards the cruise center and do a 3-point turn to pull alongside the pier (NAV docks next to the USS Iowa) but I have a feeling part of the aft would still need to tuck under the bridge. 

ScreenShot2024-02-15at10_46_52AM.thumb.png.08477641221a7093545f1548ac77f061.png

On 2/15/2024 at 11:54 AM, DDaley said:

Aside from shoreside, I don’t think an Oasis class ship could turn around once it got up the main channel to San Pedro.

In San Pedro, the turning basin for a ship of OA size looks on the other side of the Vincent Thomas Bridge which only has a clearance of 184 feet. Verrazano Bridge, which we know Oasis just barely squeaks under is 228’. Maaaaybe OA could pull in bow first towards the cruise center and do a 3-point turn to pull alongside the pier (NAV docks next to the USS Iowa) but I have a feeling part of the aft would still need to tuck under the bridge. 

ScreenShot2024-02-15at10_46_52AM.thumb.png.08477641221a7093545f1548ac77f061.png

Interesting thoughts. The ship usually pulls in right next to where the USS Iowa is, so I understand what you're saying about not being able to turn around.

HOWEVER! When I was on Allure out of Galveston, the ship literally went backwards for the first 30 minutes after we left the terminal, got out in open water, and THEN did a 180 to face the correct direction. I thought it was super weird but it worked.

@DDaley, so now that we've figured out where to turn the ship around, how shall we upgrade the San Pedro warehouse and camping tents? 🤣

42 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

the ship literally went backwards for the first 30 minutes after we left the terminal, got out in open water, and THEN did a 180 to face the correct direction.

Hahahaha that is amazing!! I have seen some whacky driving-backwards stuff on Mighty Cruise Ships but that would be a crazy maneuver to see! 

I’m thinking we need at least another story on our warehouse and definitely a parking structure, then we might be in business! 😆