black friday sales!! what did you get??

asquared17

On 11/11/2023 at 7:48 PM, jbrinkm said:

Has anyone repriced their actual cruise during this BF sale? 

Well, me apparently. I could have repriced my parents' room for a savings but it ended up being only $60 to upgrade them from a GTY ocean view to a GTY ocean balcony with this sale. I could have upgraded them to a GTY neighborhood balcony and gotten them $20 OBC with the price decrease but decided they would enjoy seeing the ocean. I just asked our TA last week what it would cost to upgrade them and it would have been $500 to move them to a neighborhood balcony GTY, so it is definitely this BF sale. 

21 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Well, me apparently. I could have repriced my parents' room for a savings but it ended up being only $60 to upgrade them from a GTY ocean view to a GTY ocean balcony with this sale. I could have upgraded them to a GTY neighborhood balcony and gotten them $20 OBC with the price decrease but decided they would enjoy seeing the ocean. I just asked our TA last week what it would cost to upgrade them and it would have been $500 to move them to a neighborhood balcony GTY, so it is definitely this BF sale. 

Great! That was the ocean view down on deck 3 you were concerned about, right?

No-brainer upgrade regardless but that makes it even nicer in my book. Hope they enjoy the new cabin!

On 11/9/2023 at 1:26 AM, Xaa said:

For internet folks, look at the multiple device savings.  The 1 device price isn't great, but DEEP discounts on the 4 dev plan.  Refreshment package also a big saver and the new lower price for kids is appreciated even if this is the last sailing where my young one qualifies.  Labadee bargain basement pricing!

On a December Cruise we saved $212.82 on items cancelled and rebooked

• 4 Dev Int from $299.94 to $203.94 - $96 (that's $8.50 per dev per day on this 6 day cruise)
  • Refreshment PKG (2x) from $396.24 to $290.04 - $106.20
  • Giovanni's Lunch (3x+1c) from $60.10 to $56.56 - $3.54 (went lower than the Pasta Day Sale)
  • Soda - from $70.68 to $63.6 - $7.08

I'm going to pick up a Chops lunch on Embarkation and probably grab an activity on Labadee (our Barefoot Beach Cabana did not go down)

On an Icon Cruise the savings were not as great on excursions.  Thrill dropped only to $185 so it went from insane crazy to really stupid, but we did score Internet and Refreshment again.  Total cancel and rebook savings $218.68

• 4 Dev Internet from $475.93 to $405.93 - $70 (14.50 per dev per day or 70% more than the Dec cruise offering.  That's your Icon premium at work)
  • Refreshment 3x from 742.98 to $594.30 - $148.68

All in all, how can I complain?  They essentially paid for my parking on both of these upcoming trips.  All I had to do was 5 minutes of shop and swap.

The internet was the only significantly discounted item available for our 7 day cruise in 363 days. Traveling with a group and got 8 devices for under $500. Said the savings were over $600. Drink package was a couple bucks per person per day off. We weren't really interested in any of the shore excursions and nothing else was really available. 

I've purchased excursions for 2 different cruises on November 8th. Right when it started. 

And they all disappeared from credit card. Charges were authorized, then didn't go through. 

But all listed as booked in purchase history. 

Did same happened to anyone? 

Afraid that they will be canceled down the road. 

6 hours ago, Vlad said:

I've purchased excursions for 2 different cruises on November 8th. Right when it started. 

And they all disappeared from credit card. Charges were authorized, then didn't go through. 

But all listed as booked in purchase history. 

Did same happened to anyone? 

Afraid that they will be canceled down the road. 

I am having the same issue. I have a whole order that was charged, it shows up in my order history, but it dropped from credit card. 

7 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I am having the same issue. I have a whole order that was charged, it shows up in my order history, but it dropped from credit card. 

Was it made during the 1st day of sales? 

My 3rd order which I made 3 days later. Was processed on credit card normally 

First of all a big thank you to @Matt who talks about the possibility to refund and rebook in his videos. For our cruise in july/august next year with Oasis I got refund on all our excursions and our refreshmebt packages for all 4 of us (but not the key or our photo package), refund took 5 days, rebooked today and saved 800$!!!!! 

Those 800 was "given" right back to RC, I used them to book all the excursions and refreshment package for my solo cruise in october. (which I had in my cart originally for 1000$, but had not ordered, now it was down to 800$ so another 200$ saved there).  

I ordered the Oasis cruise on black friday last year (my explorer cruise would be more expensive to reprise now) and got 30% off + kids sail free (since I am a single parent my mom got a free cruise, instead of paying adult price for 1 of my 2 kids) 

So I saved 2000$ on black friday 2023, and 1000$ on black friday 2024, I would say I am really happy with my deals!  

On 11/13/2023 at 1:47 PM, Neesa said:

I got a headache! Wish they would allow a modification not a cancel & re book. 

I was able to save on my Chops lunches and internet, as well as my Evian water packages....albeit all new charges have posted, not one refund yet. It's just such an inconvenience for sure. I know the refunds will arrive....eventually!

Reporting back on my "headache" Cancellations & re books at lower prices occurred 11/09/2023 I have received my refunds minus 1 (to be fair it's on another card) today, (11/16/2023) they credited back in the weirdest way (broken down per person) but after the "shutdown" refund waits I'm feeling Royal did credit back in a timely fashion, for that I am thankful. 

We booked Izumi for Lunch on Mariner for our December 14th sailing at 31.99 person. It was discounted from $39.99 before sale.

We felt that was a fair price,  even with tips and gratuity,  it's still like $75.00, which is what we would pay for something similar at home. I did find the dinner prices,  even with the BF Sale...a tad much.

We bought our Drinks package as soon as booking was complete,  and the BF price is the same.... $77.99 buy one get one half off. So no difference there 

18 hours ago, Neesa said:

Reporting back on my "headache" Cancellations & re books at lower prices occurred 11/09/2023 I have received my refunds minus 1 (to be fair it's on another card) today, (11/16/2023) they credited back in the weirdest way (broken down per person) but after the "shutdown" refund waits I'm feeling Royal did credit back in a timely fashion, for that I am thankful. 

The refunds are so weird. We just got refunded 18 bucks and after the 5 or so days waiting, it came back in a $10 and $8 sperate transactions. 

Hadn't planned it but just bought "cooler bag".  It's Black Friday window and the 6-pack of beer with cooler bag is $37.99 and shows 30% off.  We are D+ and don't buy drinks package (use coupons instead) but at $37.99 / 6 beers / 1.18 (gratuity back out) this means each beer is $5.37 and the bag is free.  Sign me up.

image.thumb.png.39a701caf5755373243ed6687c3e32e5.png

On 11/16/2023 at 9:27 AM, Neesa said:

they credited back in the weirdest way (broken down per person) 

11 hours ago, ScottD said:

The refunds are so weird. We just got refunded 18 bucks and after the 5 or so days waiting, it came back in a $10 and $8 sperate transactions. 

All of my refunds made sense except one. They did come in per person vs per transaction, but at least they were all the same (the original pp price) so it was fairly easy to match them, except for one of the zip lines on Labadee. I booked and cancelled this several times - we switched times, we switched which line to go on, then switched again with BF sale, so I had 3 or 4 zipline refunds to go through. The one that came back strangely was, for the 4 of us: 3 pp refunds that were over the original price, and one the following day that was under the original pp price.

45 minutes ago, Mike n Ky said:

Excursions in Labadee, good deals with a slight increase over last year. Dining deals? HORRIBLE with only 10% off and 3 night dining over $300 for two with grats added. Internet, way up over last year. Our sailing is SOS Jan 2024.

Yeah the dinning packages deals are really lackluster to say the least. I don't get it. 

6 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yeah the dinning packages deals are really lackluster to say the least. I don't get it. 

My best guess is the bean counter math analysis told them not to put much dinner dining on sale (good deals on lunches).

The UDP is lower than I've seen for my upcoming Wonder cruises... not that I'm interested.