Costly Cookies Spotted on Celebrity Equinox And we thought charging for pizza was ridiculous.

Leroyr55

Guests aboard Celebrity Cruises' Solstice-class Celebrity Equinox have reported a new $2 (USD) charge for chocolate chip cookies, with a 20% gratuity added to the cost - making each sweet treat $2.40.

https://www.cruisehive.com/new-charge-spotted-for-cookies-on-celebrity-cruises-ship/109334

Wow, did Celebrity not pay attention to what their sister cruise line just dealt with regarding pizza ?  Just quit with bothering us with new fees and increase all future cruises by  $100.  RC and Celebrity have very loyal cruisers, as other cruise lines do as well, but everybody has their limit. 

I really wonder who is in these meetings thinking it's a good idea to keep adding on these fees if we want to have something that we've always received for years.  So will the next exciting announcement be  they are bringing back the midnight buffet, including chocolate fountain, for only $49 a person...plus gratuity.

6 hours ago, Montemy2419 said:

Wow, did Celebrity not pay attention to what their sister cruise line just dealt with regarding pizza ?  Just quit with bothering us with new fees and increase all future cruises by  $100.  RC and Celebrity have very loyal cruisers, as other cruise lines do as well, but everybody has their limit. 

I really wonder who is in these meetings thinking it's a good idea to keep adding on these fees if we want to have something that we've always received for years.  So will the next exciting announcement be  they are bringing back the midnight buffet, including chocolate fountain, for only $49 a person...plus gratuity.

I honestly could see Royal doing this once or twice per sailing and include a chocolate martini or glass of sparkling wine with the $49 charge.

I would think if a cruiser thought the price of a 2-dollar cookie was prohibitive, they could just pass it up, don't worry about it, and get  their Uber driver to stop at Dollar Tree on the way home for a package of Dollar Tree Oreo's.  That'll show 'em.  And if the cruise ship doesn't sell enough cookies, they could likely abandon that plan.  But what was I thinking?  Dollar Tree now charges a dollar and a quarter.  When will this madness stop?🫠

I also believe the chocolate-colored diamonds, the wrist watches, the massages, and the nail services are all way over priced.  So I don't buy them either, and I don't lose sleep.😴

That's crazy.

Yes you can have new offers for money , after all its  a business but you do it with something that is easily distinguish between that and a current free offer. For example: No one  complained  about the sugar beach with its extra charges for candy and premium ice cream, on the other hand if you will add some  sprinklers to the free ice cream in the pool  and try to charge for it you will have riots. 

I start to wonder if RCL IT department started to give marketing advices to the management.

• 7 months later...

Cookies if free are hoarded by people and saved for later.  I do understand by putting a charge on them this will control this abusive behavior.  But 2 dollars is excessive. I would charge a dollar total.  Tipping for a cookie is ridiculous.  They must be baking thousands of cookies a day if you have 4 thousand people on board.  If each person will average about 3 or 4 cookies a day  that's alot of cookies!  So I do understand the cruises charging for them, it's probably the only food that won't go stale for days.