App update issue

A new version of the app came out yesterday. When I launched it after the update, it wanted me to agree to a new Terms of Service. OK fine. Problem is clicking "Accept" didn't do anything. It just reloaded the TOS again.

I got around it by clicking decline, logging in again, and proceeding like normal (without it asking me to agree to the TOS again).

Just in case anyone else hits the same thing.

Edit: this may be an Android-only issue

So there wasn't really much cosmetic differences with the update, but what I DID notice was that the app finally updated my dining time. It still said 5:30 before, but on my invoices it was changed to 5:00pm (and I know from posts in here that they moved the early traditional dining to 5pm). The app now says 5pm for MDR. 

Me too! (Android)

Three times, I thought I was getting a different set of documents to "sign" (agree to) - like technology, user likeness, policies etc. I sign so many documents for my kids that I am used to just, sign, sign, sign, over and over. Finally caught on that it was the exact same thing each time and clicked decline, which worked 🙄

They are also having beverage package issues, I can’t cancel a soda package and spoke with them yesterday,and 20 minutes later they say they are aware, and if it’s not fixed by Tuesday when we board they can do it on the ship…terrible IT dept

The app is having a meltdown lol and the cruise planner is having beverage issues, but they are working on it, I just called again because they said a supervisor would call me by noon, and no one did, still working on it and it shows error on their side every time they try to go into my booking

2 minutes ago, JEH106 said:

Hi, OCSC Mike,

All I have on my phone is my cruise planner. I do not have the RCCL app anywhere.

Jim

The cruise planner is just a section of the RC website. You can't "have it on your phone." Download the actual app.

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

The cruise planner is just a section of the RC website. You can't "have it on your phone." Download the actual app.

I am now thoroughly confused. On my phone, in my Royal Cruise planner, I have booked dining, shore excursions, on board gifts and more. Is that the app or is it the cruise planner? There are two pages, Daily planner and My Calendar. There are 3 icons at the top, a ship, a calendar and a profile.

Jim 

1 minute ago, JEH106 said:

I am now thoroughly confused. On my phone, in my Royal Cruise planner, I have booked dining, shore excursions, on board gifts and more. Is that the app or is it the cruise planner? There are two pages, Daily planner and My Calendar. There are 3 icons at the top, a ship, a calendar and a profile.

Jim 

That's the app, which contains a whole lot more than the CP.

4 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

No update for me, but I have a Pixel droid phone. 

I take that back there is an update and now I can't sign in or get past the agreement page! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Royal you just keep doing it. 

The decline and sign in trick worked. 

If they are gonna have a freaking update of the app why not add the cruise countdown? I don't understand it, it's one of my favorite, the families favorite and I think a lot of people love is the countdown page on the website. 

On 7/14/2023 at 2:19 PM, JEH106 said:

Jim 

What do you click on your phone to reach the cruise planner?  A web browser (like chrome, firefox, etc.)?  If so, that's no different than doing it from a computer.  If not a web browser, than you must have Royal's app.

On 7/15/2023 at 9:33 PM, Atlantix2000 said:

What do you click on your phone to reach the cruise planner?  A web browser (like chrome, firefox, etc.)?  If so, that's no different than doing it from a computer.  If not a web browser, than you must have Royal's app.

I have a Royal Caribbean icon I click on. When it opens, there is all my info as described above. I opened it today with no problems. It is a Samsung phone running Android (I think). I may have gotten the link from the App Store (but I do not remember since it was a long time ago).

Jim

7 hours ago, deep1 said:

First I heard of an update. Heck , not sure if I even remember my password. Do we HAVE to update?  What does new do that old didn't? 

Not much, but it tends to run a little smoother, they usually update deck plans or some info- on mine, the dining time updated (originally had 530 but they changed it to 5pm, and that finally reflected in the app)   You may not need the password, mine automatically opens right back up after an update

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add that I just went in to the app on my Google Pixel this morning and got the same issue - "accepting" the new terms just puts me back to needing to accept the new terms. So they clearly have not fixed the bug. But because I had seen this thread, after three tries I did "Decline" instead and it went right on to the biometric login. So thankful for forums like these and the people who contribute.

• 7 months later...