Coco Beach Club full day pass ?

Map92

I think it’s work about $100 max per person. So if you don’t buy it on a Black Friday sale, I’d pass. if there are two Oasis class ships there that day, I might make an exception. However Coco Cay is built to accommodate to hold that many people easily.

The place is nice and the meal is really good.  I have been twice but agree with the post above that it is not worth more than $100 per person.

You could easily get off the ship early and stake out a great spot on one of the free beaches and have just as good a time - minus the steak and lobster meal.

we have done the beach club and been to coco cay without the beach club.

the food was... okay. it wasn't anything super outrageous BUT the bathrooms were well appointed and air conditioned, and the space was well enough dispersed that we never felt crowded or rushed. i would argue that its a little less crowded than gen pop 🤣 simply because they cap the number of persons allowed in the beach club after a certain point.

we looked down to the right at one point (over at south beach) and the place was crawling with fellow passengers. we appreciated the tranquility and non-crowding of it all.

we're on harmony in about three weeks and have another beach pass, so we're definitely going back, but i don't think i'd ever pay more than black friday sale (half off) prices for the pass.

in december we will be on oasis, and we're going to see what the prices are for black friday again so that we can go again -- but hoping the adult hideaway beach section might be open by then too.

We were at the Beach Club last June (2022).  We were there due to an itinerary change while we were at sea.  We took the refund on our cancelled Aruba excursion and put it towards the beach club.  We made the reservations at the excursion desk.  I believe our total was $160/pp.  We enjoyed it a lot.  We really liked being able to go back and forth between the ocean and the Infinity pool.  The meal was exceptional and the bar service was excellent.  We have nothing to compare it with since that has been our only time to Coco Cay.

We'll be going back in January 2024.  Currently, the passes are not listed, only the cabanas which are very far outside our price range (we would have no one to split the cost with).  If the passes, when they are posted, are under $200, then we'll likely take it.  The sail will have 3 stops instead of 4, so we'll be saving on at least one excursion.  For now, we'll be reserving a beach bed and will hope that the passes get listed soon.

Totally agree that I wouldn't spend more than $100pp. We've been twice and enjoyed it. We're going back again the first week of our Harmony B2B in may, was just $89pp. The second week never went below $160. I've been to Coco cay several other times where I just stay onboard and enjoy the space on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, myfirstmic said:

Yeah im seeing it price 270pp. I cant se it that worthy of price. Any chance it will drop to something more respectable before july 8th sailing on Wonder?

Doubtful. The only time you see a significant drop is on the Black Friday sale. $270pp is absolutely not worth it. 

8 hours ago, myfirstmic said:

Yeah im seeing it price 270pp. I cant se it that worthy of price. Any chance it will drop to something more respectable before july 8th sailing on Wonder?

No vacation things ever drop in price for June, July, and August. It's peak travel season. P.S. Wonder being the newest tends to have even higher prices then the rest. I got it last black Friday for $135 for this May.

We've been to Coco Beach twice so far and will be back one more time this OCT. We're likely skipping it for MAY 2024 sailing - want to see Hideaway Beach after it opens! Since we purchased them for $89 and $124 respectively (Oasis, OCT 2021 & Wonder, JAN 2023 sailings), we all felt it was well worth it! We were able to book it for this upcoming OCT sailing again at $89 (BF/CM sale).

Bottom line, if you love to be pampered (attendants all over the club getting drinks, etc.), like steak and lobster lunches, and want total peace and quiet with a beautiful infinity pool (heated as needed... water was perfect in early JAN this year!) and dedicated beach, then I would definitely try it. The club was quiet both times we were there (only one ship in port each time). I don't recall seeing many children either visit. We walked the entire island and all of the other beaches and the Oasis Lagoon pool were more crowded. I'm definitely not saying you can't have an amazing time elsewhere, but we find the club to be much more peaceful. You can come and go as you please (they give you wristbands if you want to leave the club). We would probably try Chill Island if we skipped the beach club.

As with everything else in the Cruise Planner, you will always get the folks that say it's a total waste of money and others that will say it's priceless and not to be missed! The truth is somewhere in-between of course and you need to decide for yourself. Price is of course the biggest driver of "is it worth it" for many things! If you can get it under $150, preferably closer to $100, it's well worth it IMHO... especially if there are 2 ships in port that day!

On 4/5/2023 at 1:27 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

We purchased the Beach Club for our May 26 Mariner cruise at $89PP.  I wouldn’t pay more than that.

We also got it for $89p/p for Wonder in Nov 2023. The 1st time we tried it, in May 2022, it was about $119p/p. Right now, it is holding steady at $160p/p for our sailing. But I totally agree with @JohnK6404 that it's really up to the individual whether it's worth it. I like the exclusivity and am generally willing to pay for it but not at any price. I probably wouldn't do the Cabanas in the Club unless with another couple or 2, at the most. Really don't want to be jammed up in a Cabana with 8 people. Mind as well be on the crowded beach....for free!! The Cabanas on Chill Island are really nice as well and are a bit more affordable for 2. Having said that, though, the Chill Island Cabanas on my upcoming sailing on Symphony 2024 is up to $1200....Only paid $399 in May 2022!! The Beach Cabana in the Club is up to $2000 and the Overwater is $3500. That's a bit too rich for my blood!!

I think Beach Club value depends on personality.  To me, the party scene at the Oasis pool is unbearable.  Thus, if your group is full of introverts who want a pool and calm, Beach Club is it unless you spend the day at the water park. The water park is great for kids and you can spend the day at the wave pool, but the price is high.  If you want a beach experience without a pool, no need for the Beach Club.  Nice beaches with abundant seating are everywhere, even with two bigger ships.  If you are energized by a party, no need to go to the Beach Club.

In the end, it really depends on what best suits your traveling party.  

On a recent trip, I just wanted a quiet, beautiful place to swim and relax.  I paid 200 for the Beach Club and was happy because that was exactly the experience I wanted. But,  if you want activity, music, just the beach or energy from lots of people, I don’t think I would pay the Beach Club price.

10 hours ago, Babsy47 said:

I think Beach Club value depends on personality.  To me, the party scene at the Oasis pool is unbearable.  Thus, if your group is full of introverts who want a pool and calm, Beach Club is it unless you spend the day at the water park. The water park is great for kids and you can spend the day at the wave pool, but the price is high.  If you want a beach experience without a pool, no need for the Beach Club.  Nice beaches with abundant seating are everywhere, even with two bigger ships.  If you are energized by a party, no need to go to the Beach Club.

In the end, it really depends on what best suits your traveling party.  

On a recent trip, I just wanted a quiet, beautiful place to swim and relax.  I paid 200 for the Beach Club and was happy because that was exactly the experience I wanted. But,  if you want activity, music, just the beach or energy from lots of people, I don’t think I would pay the Beach Club price.

well said.

pricing factor aside, we'd also be interested in hideaway beach (the adults only beach) for a quieter experience; though i have read conflicting info about whether or not this would be a complimentary beach.

On 4/21/2023 at 2:37 PM, DublinFC said:

Hi just trying to piggy back in here about beverage options on CoCoCay.  There was a beer made for RC specifically served at CoCoCay.  Is the beer still offered there?  Ive been looking for menus and cant seem to find anything.

Haven't seen it since before the shutdown.