FL Xmas Cruisers - Bring Those Parkas

twangster

Port Canaveral to set cruise passenger records this Christmas season:

Dec 24 - estimated 52,000 passengers (new record)

Dec 31 - estimated 57,000 passengers (new, new record)

Last Sunday they parked 1,100 cars for one cruise ship.  Parking is said to be "tight".  I Wonder what ship that was?  I blame the RCL Blog Group Cruisers!  

16 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I don't think the steam coming off the hot tub came through that well

I see it, oh maybe that's here aboard  Wonder.  

Most organized embarkation ever.  Entered terminal right around 10 and first non-suite; key onboard before 10:30. 

Managed to snag all the UDP restaurants and times I wanted, except Izumi Hibachi as the only had one slot at 7pm on one day only that didn't work for us.  But am very pleased.

BTW Parking at terminal 1 garage was mostly filled yesterday by Independance cruisers. Only spaces at 8:30-9 time were on top deck

20 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

I see it, oh maybe that's here aboard  Wonder.  

Most organized embarkation ever.  Entered terminal right around 10 and first non-suite; key onboard before 10:30. 

Managed to snag all the UDP restaurants and times I wanted, except Izumi Hibachi as the only had one slot at 7pm on one day only that didn't work for us.  But am very pleased.

BTW Parking at terminal 1 garage was mostly filled yesterday by Independance cruisers. Only spaces at 8:30-9 time were on top deck

I imagine Oasis guests on the 22nd took quite few as well.  

Nevermind.  Wires crossed.

6 hours ago, twangster said:

Last Sunday they parked 1,100 cars for one cruise ship.  Parking is said to be "tight".  I Wonder what ship that was?  I blame the RCL Blog Group Cruisers!

I showed up at 9:45 last Sunday and had to park on the top deck. Left this morning about 9:20 and only remaining spots were on the top deck. I think @Beci said she heard we sailed at 95% of full capacity. I can imagine the ship sailing today was booked pretty full..likely some folks will end up missing yhe cruise because of flights and weather, though. The locals driving in will have no issues other than walking from the overflow lots.

17 hours ago, twangster said:

Port Canaveral to set cruise passenger records this Christmas season:

Dec 24 - estimated 52,000 passengers (new record)

Dec 31 - estimated 57,000 passengers (new, new record)

Ugh.  I'm beginning to panic over crowds.  I've sailed spring break, which is totally fine (busy but ok).  Now I'm sailing at a time when it will be way over "full" capacity and likely short staffing.  I hope I don't have unrealistic expectations...I haven't cruised since 2019 and I know it's different.  Jane

11 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

This ended up being 2 toiletry bags, backpack and beach bag. Quite nice actually 

On 12/25/2022 at 3:38 AM, mom2mybugs said:

Ugh.  I'm beginning to panic over crowds.  I've sailed spring break, which is totally fine (busy but ok).  Now I'm sailing at a time when it will be way over "full" capacity and likely short staffing.  I hope I don't have unrealistic expectations...I haven't cruised since 2019 and I know it's different.  Jane

We had something like 6200 pax aboard wonder 2 weeks ago and I don’t  recall ever feeling like It was overcrowded 

3 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

We had something like 6200 pax aboard wonder 2 weeks and I don’t  recall ever feeling like It was overcrowded 

oasis class does such a phenomenal job of dispersing the crowds.

we SORELY missed that on odyssey, and often felt much more crowded despite having around 1500 less passengers onboard.