Diamond drink vouchers- kids benefit?

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere and I thought I saw a place on the website that listed kid's crown and anchor benefits but I just can't find it now. Do kids that have diamond status (via parent status) also get vouchers loaded onto their seapass card or is that only adult diamond (and above) members? Thanks!

Is the wifi benefit also extended to kids that are diamond? We have two over 12 and 6 more that are kid fare so I wasn't sure how that worked. We usually cruise without children but we are hoping to get to cruise again with CDC changes!

Edited by MidwestIA

1 hour ago, MidwestIA said:

Also, I am not asking about vouchers to try and get more alcohol lol My kids would like shirley temples on vacation 🙂

Careful, they may become virgin daiquiri addicts like my 12-year-old niece was on Harmony recently.

Joking aside, it was fun to be able to "take her to the bar" to grab a drink. The fact that she already knew what a Miami Vice was did shock me a bit though. 🤣

50 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Careful, they may become virgin daiquiri addicts like my 12-year-old niece was on Harmony recently.

Joking aside, it was fun to be able to "take her to the bar" to grab a drink. The fact that she already knew what a Miami Vice was did shock me a bit though. 🤣

Now if my 12 YO went to the bar and asked for a "Virgin Dirty Girlscout."   I may lose it LOL!

Kids drink vouchers can also be used for smoothies at the vitality cafe or promenade cafe, bottles of water, or specialty coffees. My kids are pretty young, so they maybe had 1 sugary drink a day, so my husband and I used the kids vouchers for our morning iced espresso drinks and save the adult drinks for alcohol! Any extra vouchers at the end of the day we used to stock the room with bottles of water.

• 1 year later...

I just called Crown & Anchor to have one of the kid to link it to my diamond.   The rep told me once the kid reach 18 years of age.  He will be removed from my account which he will be no longer link to me.  He will lost the Diamond benefits if he hadn't reach 80 points by then.  Is this true?  I though once they are link to my account, they will be diamond tier.  Just the points they have to earn it on their own.  

56 minutes ago, KevinK said:

I just called Crown & Anchor to have one of the kid to link it to my diamond.   The rep told me once the kid reach 18 years of age.  He will be removed from my account which he will be no longer link to me.  He will lost the Diamond benefits if he hadn't reach 80 points by then.  Is this true?  I though once they are link to my account, they will be diamond tier.  Just the points they have to earn it on their own.  

Here's my memory of various threads here.  You can search to find more info.  There are differing reports on what happens when a minor with Diamond status due to their parents' status reaches 18 years old.  Some say they will keep Diamond status but won't move any higher until their actual points catches up.  Some (generally more recent) say they revert to whatever status their actual points would give them.  The language in the C&A rules is ambiguous.  It is definitely true that everyone's actual points is tracked regardless of status.  Of course, having the minors reach 80 points before they turn 18 would make them diamond from first cruise to last.

10 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Here's my memory of various threads here.  You can search to find more info.  There are differing reports on what happens when a minor with Diamond status due to their parents' status reaches 18 years old.  Some say they will keep Diamond status but won't move any higher until their actual points catches up.  Some (generally more recent) say they revert to whatever status their actual points would give them.  The language in the C&A rules is ambiguous.  It is definitely true that everyone's actual points is tracked regardless of status.  Of course, having the minors reach 80 points before they turn 18 would make them diamond from first cruise to last.

Last year when I was on Liberty, at the bar I met couple kids in their 20's.  They told me they were diamond cuz of their parents status before they turn 18. They haven't earn 80 points on their own yet so I was surprise when the rep told me about this.  oh well, it is what it is..

14 minutes ago, KevinK said:

I was surprise when the rep told me about this

It's well documented that (unfortunately) you can ask the same question to three different phone reps and get three different answers.

I don't have a definitive answer or solution for you (I thought kids kept their status like you did) but don't accept one phone rep's answer as the correct one.

2 hours ago, KevinK said:

You were given bad information. No one goes “down the ladder” when they turn 18

17 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

You were given bad information. No one goes “down the ladder” when they turn 18

Unfortunately, they were not. I think it is one of those YMMV things were for one reason or another some keep the status, and some revert to their earned status. 

I have met two former linked children whose status was reverted to the point total. One had D+ parents but they were reverted to Emerald and another had Diamond parents and was reverted to Emerald.

I don't think even Royal knows their own rules, or how to apply them.

Last year, we took our adult son on his first cruise.  He was identified as Diamond on his Seapass.  When offered free drinks, we questioned it, but were told if it says Diamond, then he is Diamond, and will be given Diamond perks accordingly. 

Our son turned 18, unfortunately a couple months before DH and I made it to Diamond.

He kept his Emerald status (i.e. our status when he turned 18), but his points reverted to his actual points earned.

Our younger one on the other hand, made Diamond through us.  She enjoyed virgin pina coladas, and other fun drinks without the alcohol.  She also had things like iced coffee or Frappuccino's.  (And she shared with her brother as 4 drinks are a lot for kids)