Royal Caribbean Blog

johnny rockets - please explain it to me

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like to hit it on embarkation day. The way I see it it's the only time in the cruise when I am hungry, might as well get my money's worth. Because from here on in I'm just eating for fun, being hung

REALLY looking forward to some JR veggie burgers when I board my next cruise! Great stop for Embarkation day if you want to avoid the madness in the Wind-jam-air. 

I probably should add an asterisk to my posts saying "all answers may not apply to Star Class"  :lol:

Interesting..I have not heard of any of the ships in the fleet doing JR's a la carte pricing.

Wonder if this is something new they are trying....or if this was just so they can cut back on the food they offer around the pool(no more or very few pool bbq's now or sail away buffets or midnight buffets or)

While I think being able to buy 1 item or 2 for less than the $6.95 cover charge, overall I think I would rather just be charged the flat rate and not have to worry about how much each item is or how much I have eaten!..ha

I have sailed the Navigator, and they had alacarte pricing at Johnny Rockets. I am sailing the Liberty (In exactly seven days!) and I believe they also have alacarte pricing.

Did you get it to go by chance? I have heard that they charge a la carte on did with a flat fee if you do this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't understand why you would pay extra to eat at Johnny Rockets.  You can get burgers and hot dogs in Windjammer.  On Sea Days, they set up a pool-side buffet with burgers and hot dogs.  You can eat at Sonic (and a dozen other burger places) in any home town.   

I feel the same way.  We actually had a Johnny Rockets restaurant in my town for a year or so, but it failed due to there being so many other better hamburger options locally.  I don't understand the appeal of a burger that is of the same quality of what's sitting under the heat lamps in the Windjammer. It's just a glorified McDonalds.

We're sailing on Carnival Triumph in August and will check out Guy's Burger Joint ... just for the sake of comparison, of course.

[edited to look like the original post was written by someone who had at least some rudimentary knowledge of the English language]

I feel the same way.  We actually had a Johnny Rockets restaurant in my town for a year or so, but it failed due to there being so many other better hamburger options locally.  I don't understand the appeal of a burger that is of the same quality of what's sitting under the heat lamps in the Windjammer.  Its just a glorified McDonalds.

We're sailing on Carnival Triumph in August and will check out Guy's Burger Joint ... use for the sake of comparison, of course.

Guy's Burgers kicks JR's butt and without an extra charge.  The toppings bar alone is worth the price of what JR charges.  The pig patty (a patty made completely out of ground bacon) is a bit salty, however.  They'll even top your burger with onion rings if you want.

Carnival's complimentary burrito/taco bar also beats Rita's Cantina.  In addition, they have a really good selection of salsas (try the watermelon) and breakfast burritos made to order in the morning.  The only downside is limited hours.  I think they close by 2 or 3 in the afternoon each day.  Guy's is open a bit later (6ish), but I hear they are considering staying open later.

Guest toodle68

Just wish they had larger coffee mugs. 

For my last cruise.. and all future cruises more than 3 nights, I will be taking my 16oz coffee mug.. I loved popping up to WJ to fill it with coffee and return to my cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody seen long waits on Harmony now that it is a comp. meal for Boardwalk cabin folks??

Is complimentary for all of these cabins on all Oasis class ships. For what it's worth, it was always easy to get seats on the Allure, probably given the long hours that it's open. Sea days were more crowded, but I never saw a wait when I went by.

• 2 weeks later...