Royal Caribbean Blog

johnny rockets - please explain it to me

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like to hit it on embarkation day. The way I see it it's the only time in the cruise when I am hungry, might as well get my money's worth. Because from here on in I'm just eating for fun, being hung

REALLY looking forward to some JR veggie burgers when I board my next cruise! Great stop for Embarkation day if you want to avoid the madness in the Wind-jam-air. 

I probably should add an asterisk to my posts saying "all answers may not apply to Star Class"  :lol:

I actually really enjoyed JR's for Embarkation day. It was totally empty, and the greasy food felt great after... flying in the day of the cruise DON'T JUDGE ME. 

If it was open on embarkation day when we were on the Liberty, I would have gone there and not complained about the $$$.

I guess my big beef, no pun intended, is that the price has gone up beyond where it should be and offering a soda in the price is pointless for those of us on the drink package.  If the price included a shake, then I wouldn't be complaining.  And to be honest, Carnival offers a much better burger without any type of surcharge.

Will I do JR again when on the Allure in January.  Of course,  It's a nice change of pace.  Will I complain about the cost?  Probably, but what else do I have to do? ;)

If it was open on embarkation day when we were on the Liberty, I would have gone there and not complained about the $$$.

I guess my big beef, no pun intended, is that the price has gone up beyond where it should be and offering a soda in the price is pointless for those of us on the drink package.  If the price included a shake, then I wouldn't be complaining.  And to be honest, Carnival offers a much better burger without any type of surcharge.

Will I do JR again when on the Allure in January.  Of course,  It's a nice change of pace.  Will I complain about the cost?  Probably, but what else do I have to do? ;)

As someone who doesn't eat meat (fish aside.. I'm a terrible vegetarian) ... I'm perfectly happy to pay for a decent veggie burger on board. I found it well worth it. 

Pescetarian == Terrible vegetarian ... asking most veg communities.

See . . . not all learning takes place in the classroom.  :)

I would think a terrible vegetarian was one that ate bacon ("vegetarian crack" among my vegetarian friends), but perhaps I have low standards or odd friends.

See . . . not all learning takes place in the classroom.   :)

I would think a terrible vegetarian was one that ate bacon ("vegetarian crack" among my vegetarian friends), but perhaps I have low standards or odd friends.

As someone that never liked bacon that much in the first place... meh. 

Chicken wings are harder.

I actually really enjoyed JR's for Embarkation day. It was totally empty, and the greasy food felt great after... flying in the day of the cruise DON'T JUDGE ME.

I like to hit it on embarkation day. The way I see it it's the only time in the cruise when I am hungry, might as well get my money's worth. Because from here on in I'm just eating for fun, being hungry is for land dwellers.

I love burgers, are they the best ones, no, but they are good enough. I do really like their salad with the chicken, that's good.

A couple of people have mentioned that soda is included at jr. I can not find anywhere that confirms this. And as we all know rccl does not have the best website. Can anyone who was not on the drink plan confirm that the sodas are included? Because i am just wondering if maybe the people who got the free soda at jr got it bc server saw the sticker on the card.

Johnny Rocket stateside remains pedestrian at best.   I doubt the sea air improves on their quality.  When you are mediocre, you will always be at your best.   The Chefs employed by RCL are very talented and present outstanding cuisine.  And missing the Chef's Table and other offerings is a true error.  YMMV.  Bon Appétit!

Specialty dining is worth every penny spent.   We have done it several times and have never ever been disappointed nor have we ever heard of someone being disappointed.  We once saw a diner having a minor issue and they corrected the problem post haste and chatting with the couple after dinner they were blown away by the food and the service especially with how  fast the problem was corrected.  The maitred' and the chef  appeared at the table as well .  R C is a class act organization. 

• 3 months later...

reading through this thread as me craving some Johnny Rockets!!

So glad there is one on the Navigator for my Jan cruise!

But I did want to ask/confirm...its only on the Oasis class ships that they are open for breakfast and there is no charge?

As far as I know, yes. It wasn't open on the Liberty and I haven't heard it being open on any other class of ship.