Vision of the Seas from Bermuda

6 minutes ago, em.down.the.rabbit.hole said:

Does anyone know yet whether Adventure or Vision are selling balcony and above only, like other Cruise lines, or are interior and ocean view going to go on sail? 

Has not been announced/revealed if that is the policy.

In the case of Vision, seems unlikely. That ship has very few balcony rooms to start with.

I'm keeping an eye as to best gage what may happen with the kids holiday on Anthem later on in the year, as it was moved a year ago to this year and got a cracking price on oceanview(gty) ... I'm concerned about % occupancy they've sold and need to cancel some people off if it ends up sailing.  Trying to see if I need to purchase an upgrade to be on safe side, although this is now very pricey...

1 hour ago, princevaliantus said:

OOOHhhhhhhh.....you just reminded me that I had a Bermuda cruise from Cape Liberty in July....I wonder what's going to happen there. 

ME TOO!! LOL  Mine from Bayonne so not sure that will happen.

"we’ve made the difficult decision to move Vision of the Seas to a new homeport in Bermuda"

Not too sure how hard of a decision this was.  Make money, or not make money??? 

Personally, I think its a step in the right direction.  I know it is probably a pain/aggravation for those booked on her already though.  

Spoke to the missus, her response was a very firm, "YES!" Well, as far as getting a hold on a cabin and seeing what the prices come out to.

We're really constrained on what dates we can sail. Basically a 2-week window between when our younger daughter leaves for Japan and comes back home, right in mid/late July. So it's probably gonna be expensive. But after such a long vacation drought I'm hoping we can just say, "YOLO!!!! YOLO!!!! A thousand times, YOLO!!!"

Email sent to our TA requesting a hold on a 2B / 4B balcony cabin. Yeah, that's probably gonna have a premium with balconies in such short supply, but I want that sea air and cobalt blue water up for view.

12 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Spoke to the missus, her response was a very firm, "YES!" Well, as far as getting a hold on a cabin and seeing what the prices come out to.

We're really constrained on what dates we can sail. Basically a 2-week window between when our younger daughter leaves for Japan and comes back home, right in mid/late July. So it's probably gonna be expensive. But after such a long vacation drought I'm hoping we can just say, "YOLO!!!! YOLO!!!! A thousand times, YOLO!!!"

Email sent to our TA requesting a hold on a 2B / 4B balcony cabin. Yeah, that's probably gonna have a premium with balconies in such short supply, but I want that sea air and cobalt blue water up for view.

Yeah.... I'll be chatting with Tyna this evening .... as for cabin .... we'll gladly take the broom closet in Steerage...... anything to get us back to Bermuda (or any ship for that matter)

I would really like to know the available dates though..... the later into the summer, the better.

13 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

Yeah.... I'll be chatting with Tyna this evening .... as for cabin .... we'll gladly take the broom closet in Steerage...... anything to get us back to Bermuda (or any ship for that matter)

I would really like to know the available dates though..... the later into the summer, the better.

Yeah, Cathy said that she'd deal with an OV or inside if the premium on balcony was so high that it put a squeeze on us. We have the Med cruise next year to pay for, so she doesn't want us to get into a hole. Have to see (a) if they are in fact selling OV and/or Inside cabins, and (b) what the balcony premium really is.

As for the available dates, I'd assume June, July, and August will be on the table. If it's fair to assume that the cruises will always depart on a Saturday, we're locked into either July 17th or 24th and nothing else. If they depart on a Monday, we'll be limited to the 12th, 19th, or 26th.

3 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Another one that I can't book a direct flight to! Booo! lol

I think airlines will respond, just look at how they responded to the announcement of cruise ships home-porting in Barbados.  While you won't find nonstop flights from most cities you will  probably see an increase in flights from east coast cities/hubs like BOS, JFK, EWR, IAD and DCA.  

8 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

I think airlines will respond, just look at how they responded to the announcement of cruise ships home-porting in Barbados.  While you won't find nonstop flights from most cities you will  probably see an increase in flights from east coast cities/hubs like BOS, JFK, EWR, IAD and DCA.  

Yeah, but I don't live near any of those cities ??

21 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Yeah, but I don't live near any of those cities ??

Me neither.  In fact I live in Montana and basically cannot go anywhere non-stop.   Flights are always a hassle.  Just today rec'd notice from Delta that my flights times for a trip in May  (not a cruise unfortunately) had changed and I would miss a connection.  So cannot get from east coast to Montana in 1 day.  So, now have to stay overnight somewhere, probably Salt Lake City.    Bummer, and more money.

23 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

The main thing that everyone seems to be overlooking and not airing is if you book a sailing in June, FULL PAYMENT IS DUE once you book!!

And that's a problem why?

If you don't plan to cruise, don't book.

56 minutes ago, twangster said:

And that's a problem why?

If you don't plan to cruise, don't book.

Never said it was a problem. Just stated the obvious that most people overlooked and when they go to book in their asked for fulll payment, BAMMM!!, they don't have it or think RCG's payment policy changed as well. Over at Cruise Critic boards, they're already putting out misinformation about final/full payment being pushed a month which is not true.  Per RCG, they are currently no changes in payment policies with these sailings.

I'm willing to wait a bit for the more standard Itineraries. I'm spoiled, as I live in Central Florida on the East Coast. Port Canaveral (our closest port at 35 minutes away), Tampa, and Port Everglades are all easy enough morning-of-cruise drives. Miami is stretching it, but possible.

Given these itineraries come all the way back to Coco Cay and not leaving out of Port Canaveral makes not much sense to my brain. Maybe that will change, but not yet. 

For me, the idea of adding international air travel on top of cruising is over my threshold of pain.

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

I'm not good with booking flights.  Can somebody please give me suggestions for roundtrip flights from Jacksonville, FL to Bermuda?

EDIT:  I don't want flights that would go over the Bermuda Triangle ha ha

Delta has a flight from Atlanta

9 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

Never said it was a problem. Just stated the obvious that most people overlooked and when they go to book in their asked for fulll payment, BAMMM!!, they don't have it or think RCG's payment policy changed as well. Over at Cruise Critic boards, they're already putting out misinformation about final/full payment being pushed a month which is not true.  Per RCG, they are currently no changes in payment policies with these sailings.

Dont mention that name! CC?!!!!!

19 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

DCA won't be in play due to lack of international facilities and capacity issues ... however, BWI may be in play (along with IAD)