Vision of the Seas from Bermuda

So, that means that my July 11 Vision cruise to the ABC islands is done (not that I thought it would happen).  To be honest, I am thankful that I know now before final payment.

I didn't get an email yet regarding this.  Anyone on the original Adventure cruises (before being shifted) that can tell me what kind of email to expect?  Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Nodakrulz said:

So, that means that my July 11 Vision cruise to the ABC islands is done (not that I thought it would happen).  To be honest, I am thankful that I know now before final payment.

I didn't get an email yet regarding this.  Anyone on the original Adventure cruises (before being shifted) that can tell me what kind of email to expect?  Thanks!

OOOHhhhhhhh.....you just reminded me that I had a Bermuda cruise from Cape Liberty in July....I wonder what's going to happen there.  ?

20 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

It shows one full day at CoCo Cay but it's supposed to be overnite.

I wondered if that might be a typo and should actually say "Bermuda" since the itinerary shows an overnight there right at the end.

I just got the email.  If anyone else was wondering, this is what it says:

Dear Guest,

The past year has been challenging, but we’re getting ready for our Royal Comeback. Over the last 12 months, we’ve worked around the clock preparing for our return. We’ve spent countless hours hyper-focused on developing new protocols and procedures, scheduling new itineraries, and adjusting and evolving our plans.

While we’ve been getting ready, there is still significant uncertainty surrounding resuming operations globally. But, some regions and ports are starting to welcome back travelers and encouraging cruising. Our most recent plan for Vision of the Seas was to sail from San Juan, Puerto beginning June 6th, 2021. However, as travel requirements are still unconfirmed, we’ve made the difficult decision to move Vision of the Seas to a new homeport in Bermuda, where cruising has recently opened. As a result, your sailing will unfortunately be cancelled.

We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation and apologize for the impact to your cruise. Our primary goal continues to be a seamless and healthy return to service. We’ve teamed up and have assembled the “Healthy Sail Panel” – a multifaceted team of globally recognized experts – who is working closely with governments and leading health authorities worldwide to pioneer innovative ways to guide the cruise industry’s path forward in response to the pandemic. It goes without saying, we’re all in this together. 

While we are sorry your original sailing will not happen, maybe you can join us on one of our new sailings! And we do have some options for you, including one that has been very well received by our guests, as it provides a little something extra to use once you can rejoin us!

Your Options

• Option 1: Automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit

We’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to book a new cruise by April 30th, 2022.

• This amount is based on your total cruise fare paid, and we’re giving you a little extra knowing that this is such a unique circumstance. 
    • Your certificate can be used on any Royal Caribbean International sailing that departs on or before September 30, 2022, as long as it’s redeemed by April 30, 2022.
    • We will automatically issue your Future Cruise Credit via email by April 21st, 2021, so there’s nothing for you to do!
    • Taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. Current refund processing is around 45 days. We are working as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience.
    • Please note:
      • If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit, this offer does not apply. 
      • If you previously used a Future Cruise Credit (including previous Global Suspension FCCs), you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Credit. This will be for 125% of any new monies paid on this sailing, plus the value of your original credit at 100% of its value, with an expiration date of April 30th, 2022 and a sail by date of September 30th, 2022.
      • If you were already impacted by a sailing that was previously cancelled due to a global suspension and paid additional monies on a new booking within this extended suspension period, and you opt in for a refund via the process below, it will be for both bookings. 
  • Option 2: Select a 100% Refund

If you prefer a full refund, which is a lower value than the future cruise credit offer above, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have until June 30th, 2021 to request a refund and deactivate your certificate.

• Please contact us to start the refund process, forfeiting the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.
  • To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, click here and we will get the refund process started for you. Note: Please know, once we receive your refund request, we unfortunately won’t be able to accept an FCC request if you change your mind. 
  • We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.
  • You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your refund request.
  • Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.

Cruise Planner Purchases

If you purchased Cruise Planner items for your sailing, we also have a special offer available for you. 

• You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation. 
    • Click here by April 2nd, 2021 to request your higher value credit, and we’ll email you your credit by April 21st, 2021. 
  • If we don’t hear from you on or before April 2nd, 2021, your Cruise Planner purchases will be automatically refunded. You’ll receive your refund within 45 days of your booking’s cancellation. We are working as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times. 
  • Also, if you opt for a cruise fare refund or for Lift and Shift, you are not eligible for this Cruise Planner Onboard Credit offer. 
  • Questions about how the Cruise Planner credit works? Click here for more details.

Air/Hotel

• Refundable air or hotel accommodations purchased through Royal Caribbean will be automatically refunded to you within 45 days after we process the cancellation.
  • If you booked non-refundable air through Royal Caribbean or booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.  

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at: 

We appreciate your understanding and remain optimistic that every day is a step closer to a healthy and safe return to service. Stay healthy and safe. We miss our guests, and we’ll be ready to welcome you back soon. 

OK, remember how I said I had a bunch of expenses to deal with and didn't think I could swing a Caribbean sailing on Adventure? Well, this might change that equation. Vision may be the smallest, oldest, and least-equipped ship in the fleet after Empress; but if the price is more reasonable this could be a lot more workable. A flight from EWR to Bermuda should be cheap!

And because it's Bermuda, my wife is no longer guaranteed to say "NO!" the second I say, "new cruise itinerary to..." ?

19 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

OK, remember how I said I had a bunch of expenses to deal with and didn't think I could swing a Caribbean sailing on Adventure? Well, this might change that equation. Vision may be the smallest, oldest, and least-equipped ship in the fleet after Empress; but if the price is more reasonable this could be a lot more workable. A flight from EWR to Bermuda should be cheap!

And because it's Bermuda, my wife is no longer guaranteed to say "NO!" the second I say, "new cruise itinerary to..." ?

You and I are in the same boat (pun intended) --- keep me in the loop on this one.  Perhaps we can both swing this one.

6 minutes ago, em.down.the.rabbit.hole said:

Does anyone know yet whether Adventure or Vision are selling balcony and above only, like other Cruise lines, or are interior and ocean view going to go on sail? 

Has not been announced/revealed if that is the policy.

In the case of Vision, seems unlikely. That ship has very few balcony rooms to start with.

I'm keeping an eye as to best gage what may happen with the kids holiday on Anthem later on in the year, as it was moved a year ago to this year and got a cracking price on oceanview(gty) ... I'm concerned about % occupancy they've sold and need to cancel some people off if it ends up sailing.  Trying to see if I need to purchase an upgrade to be on safe side, although this is now very pricey...

"we’ve made the difficult decision to move Vision of the Seas to a new homeport in Bermuda"

Not too sure how hard of a decision this was.  Make money, or not make money??? 

Personally, I think its a step in the right direction.  I know it is probably a pain/aggravation for those booked on her already though.  

Spoke to the missus, her response was a very firm, "YES!" Well, as far as getting a hold on a cabin and seeing what the prices come out to.

We're really constrained on what dates we can sail. Basically a 2-week window between when our younger daughter leaves for Japan and comes back home, right in mid/late July. So it's probably gonna be expensive. But after such a long vacation drought I'm hoping we can just say, "YOLO!!!! YOLO!!!! A thousand times, YOLO!!!"

Email sent to our TA requesting a hold on a 2B / 4B balcony cabin. Yeah, that's probably gonna have a premium with balconies in such short supply, but I want that sea air and cobalt blue water up for view.

12 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Spoke to the missus, her response was a very firm, "YES!" Well, as far as getting a hold on a cabin and seeing what the prices come out to.

We're really constrained on what dates we can sail. Basically a 2-week window between when our younger daughter leaves for Japan and comes back home, right in mid/late July. So it's probably gonna be expensive. But after such a long vacation drought I'm hoping we can just say, "YOLO!!!! YOLO!!!! A thousand times, YOLO!!!"

Email sent to our TA requesting a hold on a 2B / 4B balcony cabin. Yeah, that's probably gonna have a premium with balconies in such short supply, but I want that sea air and cobalt blue water up for view.

Yeah.... I'll be chatting with Tyna this evening .... as for cabin .... we'll gladly take the broom closet in Steerage...... anything to get us back to Bermuda (or any ship for that matter)

I would really like to know the available dates though..... the later into the summer, the better.

13 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

Yeah.... I'll be chatting with Tyna this evening .... as for cabin .... we'll gladly take the broom closet in Steerage...... anything to get us back to Bermuda (or any ship for that matter)

I would really like to know the available dates though..... the later into the summer, the better.

Yeah, Cathy said that she'd deal with an OV or inside if the premium on balcony was so high that it put a squeeze on us. We have the Med cruise next year to pay for, so she doesn't want us to get into a hole. Have to see (a) if they are in fact selling OV and/or Inside cabins, and (b) what the balcony premium really is.

As for the available dates, I'd assume June, July, and August will be on the table. If it's fair to assume that the cruises will always depart on a Saturday, we're locked into either July 17th or 24th and nothing else. If they depart on a Monday, we'll be limited to the 12th, 19th, or 26th.

3 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Another one that I can't book a direct flight to! Booo! lol

I think airlines will respond, just look at how they responded to the announcement of cruise ships home-porting in Barbados.  While you won't find nonstop flights from most cities you will  probably see an increase in flights from east coast cities/hubs like BOS, JFK, EWR, IAD and DCA.  

8 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

I think airlines will respond, just look at how they responded to the announcement of cruise ships home-porting in Barbados.  While you won't find nonstop flights from most cities you will  probably see an increase in flights from east coast cities/hubs like BOS, JFK, EWR, IAD and DCA.  

Yeah, but I don't live near any of those cities ??