Land sickness.....

6 minutes ago, Avfrattner said:

What was yours like and do super seasoned cruisers still get it?

I used to get it too.  Sitting at the desk working I would feel the room shifting from side-to-side.  Yes, it could last up to a week.  So annoying.

After I had been cruising for a while I no longer got it.  It will be interesting to see that, after a year of no cruising, this syndrome will return.  This is a great science experiment !

My husband had the flu about 2 weeks before a cruise several years ago. By the time we boarded, he had that left over head congestion. (*he had been fever free for 8 days prior to sailing.)

He ended up with vertigo for several months afterwards. Really messed up his inner ear. He was fine the whole time on board but as soon as were home it started. It was awful. 

I only had this once - after a week-long Med cruise where we didn't get off the ship in any port. Land sickness lasted for several weeks, I felt horrible. In hindsight, I'm pretty sure it was due to the ship (AIDAperla) as I had no problems after the Symphony TA - that had way more movement and we were onboard for 8 or 9 days straight.

2 hours ago, sammy79 said:

Can you even feel the boat swaying on an oasis ship?  I did feel wobbly for a few days after our last Disney cruise.

You can feel it, though I think it's less noticeable compared to smaller ships. Feeling the pitching was nothing compared to seeing the real extent, especially on the jogging track looking back to the Aqua Theatre.

7 hours ago, Avfrattner said:

Upon reading a topic about sea sickness I thought about after my first cruise and how I got land sickness.

God it was horrible especially in the shower, it felt like I was in rough seas in the damm shower hahahaha.

Even a week after the cruise!

That's just your 'book your next cruise' reminder alarm mechanism... 

23 minutes ago, twangster said:

I was going to post something witty along these lines yesterday but instead I finished my wine and stepped away from the keyboard.

Well, I didn't see it until today and I'm working, so alcohol is not an option and I gotta do something to entertain myself during breaks!

On 3/7/2021 at 8:56 AM, Avfrattner said:

Upon reading a topic about sea sickness I thought about after my first cruise and how I got land sickness.

God it was horrible especially in the shower, it felt like I was in rough seas in the damm shower hahahaha.

Even a week after the cruise!

After many, many cruises, I still get "land sickness" when I return home. Sometimes it's worse than others, with really no rhyme or reason. It generally peaks in about however many days I was onboard...for example, if it was only a 4 day cruise, then the land sickness peaks at day 4 after the cruise. 
It sucks, but it's worth it to cruise. I think I was just meant to live on the water!