Take a moment to thank your Travel Agent

bcarney

During these extraordinary times take a moment to thank your travel agent for all they have done for you - in the past, and into the future.  They're losing a lot of commissions right now, yet still dealing with cancellations and such, and could use some positive vibes and support. Next to the cruise lines they are on the front lines of this, and are taking the biggest economic hit.  I can't imagine being in their situation right now.

Just send them an email, and conclude the email with "no response needed" or something along those lines (I neglected to do so) so that they can still deal with other customers without spending time responding.

These are tough times, but things WILL get better!!!

Once things settle down, if you don't have a TA, please reach out to Michelle Cunningham at [email protected] (MEI is a sponsor of this blog). She has taken care of me well, and will be my TA for the foreseeable future.  

May God bless everyone.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

I know TA's get their commission via bookings but how does cancellations like this affect them?  Do they lose out completely or are they still given commission for initiated the bookings?  

1 minute ago, DunkelBierJay said:

I saw a headline (didn't read the article) that Royal was protecting TA commissions.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/03/10/royal-caribbean-promises-protect-travel-agent-commissions-deferred-cruises-coronavirus

8 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

I know TA's get their commission via bookings but how does cancellations like this affect them?  Do they lose out completely or are they still given commission for initiated the bookings?  

Even if they are protected, it's still twice the amount of work to earn the commission-once on the booking side, and then again on the cancellation and rebooking side (which they won't get another commission on).

On 3/14/2020 at 4:12 PM, bcarney said:

During these extraordinary times take a moment to thank your travel agent for all they have done for you - in the past, and into the future.  They're losing a lot of commissions right now, yet still dealing with cancellations and such, and could use some positive vibes and support. Next to the cruise lines they are on the front lines of this, and are taking the biggest economic hit.  I can't imagine being in their situation right now.

Just send them an email, and conclude the email with "no response needed" or something along those lines (I neglected to do so) so that they can still deal with other customers without spending time responding.

Once things settle down, if you don't have a TA, please reach out to Michelle Cunningham at [email protected] (MEI is a sponsor of this blog). She has taken care of me well, and will be my TA for the foreseeable future.  

May God bless everyone.

Thanks for writing this !!!  I have the best clients.....

On 3/14/2020 at 4:46 PM, bcarney said:

Even if they are protected, it's still twice the amount of work to earn the commission-once on the booking side, and then again on the cancellation and rebooking side (which they won't get another commission on).

Royal did say they were protecting commissions on both the cancellation and the rebooking that an FCC is applied against. The TAs are under a lot of pressure and uncertainty, I’m glad that Royal is doing right by them.  

On 3/14/2020 at 4:12 PM, bcarney said:

May God bless everyone.

I second the comments regarding @michelle  I just got off the phone with her about an hour ago.... it was amazing how calm she was in this unprecedented storm.  Not only is she having to talk numerous clients off the cliff, she's also having to deal with constantly changing situations on, what would seem, an hourly basis.  And on top of it all, she also had to deal with the changes with her own plans that had her going overseas. 

So, with that being said, thank you Michelle (and this goes for all the TA's out there) ---- you all are amazing and deserve our admiration.  Thank You.

9 hours ago, coneyraven said:

I second the comments regarding @michelle  I just got off the phone with her about an hour ago.... it was amazing how calm she was in this unprecedented storm.  Not only is she having to talk numerous clients off the cliff, she's also having to deal with constantly changing situations on, what would seem, an hourly basis.  And on top of it all, she also had to deal with the changes with her own plans that had her going overseas. 

So, with that being said, thank you Michelle (and this goes for all the TA's out there) ---- you all are amazing and deserve our admiration.  Thank You.

Thanks Mark - Europe will be back - better and cheaper than every soon for me!!