Jump to content
Rags1

As Garth Brooks said, “Think I’ll Slip On Down To The O-Asis” - Jan 26th - Star Class

Recommended Posts

On 1/13/2020 at 5:55 PM, Andrew72681 said:
10 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I normally don’t quote pics but I am laughing so hard at this one!  I dare you to email this pic to your Genie. 😜

Or I could just go outside and shoot myself in the foot now,😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 5:34 PM, melmar02 said:

Did you try telling them Fresca is made by the Coca Cola company?

That just tells you how strong the soda contracts are. Usually there’s an “invasion fee” built in on things like soda fountains. If you walk in and see a non-coke product on a fountain it could be a hundreds or thousands of dollar fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2020 at 4:30 PM, JLMoran said:

Wrong. Raisin is the fate of all grapes that don’t measure up for being made into wine. Every grape knows this and grows up fearing being told they are to be cast into the fields of dry fire.

Now, back to my Zinfandel...

And this is the reason I love this site.  You people have a sense of humor!🤣

1 hour ago, amanuel2992 said:

I am beyond enjoying this blog so far and can’t wait to follow along.

@amanuel2992 welcome,  I hope I can continue to make this thing enjoyable!  Thanks for following along. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

That just tells you how strong the soda contracts are. Usually there’s an “invasion fee” built in on things like soda fountains. If you walk in and see a non-coke product on a fountain it could be a hundreds or thousands of dollar fine. 

Fresca is a Coke product though, so this shouldn't be an issue. 

Screenshot_20200121-115056_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Traded emails with Allan today inquiring if the entertainment schedule has been firmed up.  He sent a tentative line up for next week with the caveat that it was “being reviewed by the CD and staff and will change.”  I’ll share that schedule with you as soon as I know it’s really going to happen.  Seems strange to me that the entertainment schedule is still tentative this close to the cruise, but what do i know?  

We’re really counting down now to our departure for Miami Saturday morning.  My mind is already on the cruise.  I sat in a meeting today about a building project.  Others in the room thought I was using my IPad to research local fire codes when in reality i was looking at the weather forecasts for our ports.  😁  Two more work days....

Did some last minute shopping on the way home.

58B564DA-D756-426E-9C07-A62F142D360A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Rags1 said:

Seems strange to me that the entertainment schedule is still tentative this close to the cruise, but what do i know?  

I wouldn't think on it too much.  Sometimes they change it up really close to the cruise.  That is one of the benefits of Star class.  It won't matter if they switch things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I wouldn't think on it too much.  Sometimes they change it up really close to the cruise.  That is one of the benefits of Star class.  It won't matter if they switch things up.

I’m not worried. This is just the 1st time I haven’t had a dinner/entertainment schedule in my hand this close to sailing. I’m confident we’re in good hands  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rags1 said:

Traded emails with Allan today inquiring if the entertainment schedule has been firmed up.  He sent a tentative line up for next week with the caveat that it was “being reviewed by the CD and staff and will change.”  I’ll share that schedule with you as soon as I know it’s really going to happen.  Seems strange to me that the entertainment schedule is still tentative this close to the cruise, but what do i know?  

We’re really counting down now to our departure for Miami Saturday morning.  My mind is already on the cruise.  I sat in a meeting today about a building project.  Others in the room thought I was using my IPad to research local fire codes when in reality i was looking at the weather forecasts for our ports.  😁  Two more work days....

Did some last minute shopping on the way home.

58B564DA-D756-426E-9C07-A62F142D360A.jpeg

I have literally been watching the weather forecast myself and our cruise is Two weeks away...and of course while I’m doing this one of the owners comes in person to ask me a question!😳. And I’m checking already because I had the bad judgement to book a cruise when it’s a full moon for the flight in...😱😱😱

do they not have Pretzel M&Ms where you live?  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 7:48 PM, Rags1 said:

Traded emails with Allan today inquiring if the entertainment schedule has been firmed up.  He sent a tentative line up for next week with the caveat that it was “being reviewed by the CD and staff and will change.”  I’ll share that schedule with you as soon as I know it’s really going to happen.  Seems strange to me that the entertainment schedule is still tentative this close to the cruise, but what do i know?  

We’re really counting down now to our departure for Miami Saturday morning.  My mind is already on the cruise.  I sat in a meeting today about a building project.  Others in the room thought I was using my IPad to research local fire codes when in reality i was looking at the weather forecasts for our ports.  😁  Two more work days....

Did some last minute shopping on the way home.

58B564DA-D756-426E-9C07-A62F142D360A.jpeg

The best part of that picture is that they all just end up tasting the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Pookie said:

I have literally been watching the weather forecast myself and our cruise is Two weeks away...and of course while I’m doing this one of the owners comes in person to ask me a question!😳. And I’m checking already because I had the bad judgement to book a cruise when it’s a full moon for the flight in...😱😱😱

do they not have Pretzel M&Ms where you live?  😁

I just checked the Mars, Inc website. Seems as though they do not sell pretzel M&M’s in Palm Springs, Ca or on the Oasis of the Seas. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rags1 said:

I just checked the Mars, Inc website. Seems as though they do not sell pretzel M&M’s in Palm Springs, Ca or on the Oasis of the Seas. 😂

I was never so upset as when they stopped selling dark chocolate M&Ms in NJ. What's wrong with them?!? Don't they know that milk chocolate is like watered down booze?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it is almost time to get this party started for real!  In 15 hours we will hopefully depart Palm Springs, Ca aboard the always wonderful American Airlines. I decided to take the day off today to wrap up last minute “stuff.”  Did some cleaning so our house sitter won’t know how we live. 😀  Went to get hay for our two Tennessee Fainting goats. Yeah, really, two goats.  Then I sat down to check in all five us for our flights tomorrow.  Nothing tougher than getting M&M’s on the Oasis except maybe doing that 5 person check in!  I think it took longer than tomorrow’s flight to Dallas will.Then just to make sure that i am super impressed with the food on Oasis, I had a frozen Stouffer’s meat loaf for lunch!  I’m all packed and ready for an 0430 departure from the house in the morning.

Stacy and Kaitlyn are out getting their nails done.  Taylor is still at work for another couple hours.  We will meet the twin at the airport in the morning.  I’m going to relax now with a Jack/7 and let the 3 dogs, 3 cats and the two fainting boys know that were leaving them behind for a bit.  But they’ll be in good hands.

I will email Allan once more tonight for any final updates. I’m glad some of you are going to follow along on the trip, it’ll make it more fun to be able to share it.  Tomorrow I’ll begin posting much more often and with pictures.  I know you’re all on the edge of your seats waiting for someone to post a picture of another airport.😂  It’s almost time to ‘Slip on Down.....”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rags1 said:

Well it is almost time to get this party started for real!  In 15 hours we will hopefully depart Palm Springs, Ca aboard the always wonderful American Airlines. I decided to take the day off today to wrap up last minute “stuff.”  Did some cleaning so our house sitter won’t know how we live. 😀  Went to get hay for our two Tennessee Fainting goats. Yeah, really, two goats.  Then I sat down to check in all five us for our flights tomorrow.  Nothing tougher than getting M&M’s on the Oasis except maybe doing that 5 person check in!  I think it took longer than tomorrow’s flight to Dallas will.Then just to make sure that i am super impressed with the food on Oasis, I had a frozen Stouffer’s meat loaf for lunch!  I’m all packed and ready for an 0430 departure from the house in the morning.

Stacy and Kaitlyn are out getting their nails done.  Taylor is still at work for another couple hours.  We will meet the twin at the airport in the morning.  I’m going to relax now with a Jack/7 and let the 3 dogs, 3 cats and the two fainting boys know that were leaving them behind for a bit.  But they’ll be in good hands.

I will email Allan once more tonight for any final updates. I’m glad some of you are going to follow along on the trip, it’ll make it more fun to be able to share it.  Tomorrow I’ll begin posting much more often and with pictures.  I know you’re all on the edge of your seats waiting for someone to post a picture of another airport.😂  It’s almost time to ‘Slip on Down.....”

We will all be waiting with bated breath!  Very excited to see your pics and dialog.  No pressure that we will all be living vicariously through you...😁

Safe travels!travel smile GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...