Curt From Canada

#GTY (Guaranteed Room)

We are currently 35 days out GTY with no assignment. 

Our eDocs now show the deck but no room.

Our cruise is over the New Year and popular so it is probably fully booked and that could have some bearing.

I found out the bar code on the eDocs  has the room embedded. A bar code reader for your smart phone camera can decode the bar code. The last 6 digits or so are the deck and room number. Checking the deck plan, the bar code for our cruise appears to be the correct deck and room type is correct. I guess there is no guarantee until your bags are in the room but this bar code trick just might confirm your room before it becomes official.

1 hour ago, bobburd said:

We are 15 days out and we just got our room assignment today. The bar code did not work for me as it didn't show the room. 

My guarantee also was assigned 15 days out and the barcode trick didn’t work for me, even after assignment. 

The barcode on mine shows a non existent room but is an awesome trick when its accurate! We're 40 days out and no assignment, deck or docs yet. Many rooms open still for booking so patiently (maybe not) waiting to see where we end up 😁 

Kinda like Christmas 

Happy sailing!

They seem to be assigning the rooms quite close to the sale date and my guess is the Royal Up has something to do with this.

On my last 2 GTY rooms we were assigned better than we booked and they were about 15-20 days from sailing. 

We also have a GTY and are out 249 days yet.  This morning I purchased a photo package and just received a new Cruise Vacation Receipt.  It still shows GTY but now shows "Stateroom Obstruction 0%".  That was not on the last one I received.  Has anyone seen that before?  Sounds promising to me.  

The sample set is still too small to draw any conclusions.  However, I have taken up the challenge to assemble the data on GTY Assignment.  Send me any and all experiences and I will prepare the data set this weekend.

Never ask an Engineer what the data might tell us.

😉

Curt from Canada

6 hours ago, sharpei888 said:

I just received a final receipt.  It shows obstructed percentage 0.  What does that mean?

I don't have a gty and just received a new receipt and the only thing that has changed on it is that it has a new line for that on it.  So who knows? 

On 11/27/2019 at 3:25 PM, Curt From Canada said:

The sample set is still too small to draw any conclusions.  However, I have taken up the challenge to assemble the data on GTY Assignment.  Send me any and all experiences and I will prepare the data set this weekend.

Never ask an Engineer what the data might tell us.

😉

Curt from Canada

130 DAYS OUT, got room assignment on interior GTY