Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Royal Caribbean sales


Recommended Posts

most sales result in the same price.  the offsets sometimes come in the form of on board credits.

however, their is a fare gaurantee, so if the price does drop, you can request an adjustment.  With the caveot that if the price drops after your final payment is due (typically 90 days out), the credit comes as an OBC rather than cash.  This isn't the worst thing in the world, since you'll at very least be able to use it for your gratuity (which is a good reason not to prepay gratuity, but rather to accept the default amount when you are on the ship using any excess OBC)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t believe that they will give OBC or any kind of refund for a price drop after final payment anymore (for US bookings).  That used to be possible but to my knowledge, there are no refunds of any kind after final payment.  If the price of an upgraded cabin falls below what you paid for your room or you want to pay to upgrade if an upgraded cabin is available, they will usually allow that - in other words, they will gladly take more money from you - but no refunds as far as I know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Melodyjn said:

How often does Royal Caribbean have the half off the second guest sale? We are looking to book another cruise and the sale ends in 4 hours.

every day.,....haha

 

Its always the same sale pretty much.....don't worry about that. It doesn't ever really change the price.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I don’t believe that they will give OBC or any kind of refund for a price drop after final payment anymore (for US bookings).  That used to be possible but to my knowledge, there are no refunds of any kind after final payment.  If the price of an upgraded cabin falls below what you paid for your room or you want to pay to upgrade if an upgraded cabin is available, they will usually allow that - in other words, they will gladly take more money from you - but no refunds as far as I know.

This is absolutely true now, no more credit or refunds after final payment.  Tried it back in Aug when the sailing went down 200 per person.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got an email from my MEI travel agent that stated the next "sale" begins September 25:

Royal Caribbean's WOW Sale is Back and it includes Kids Sale free and 50%  the Second Guest for select cruises.   (Offer ends September 29th)   This offer also includes an on-board credit of up to $300 per stateroom.  

But really the focus should be on bottom line price whether there's a "sale" or not as the base fares change around all the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The UK site has been advertising all inclusive sale (including the deluxe drink package) for the last 6 weeks or so. However, when you get into the detail the 'sale' fare only applies to higher rate rooms so you could actually book the same cruise for upwards of £400 less! 

As many have said on this blog, check the final price of any 'sale'!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The “2nd guest 50% off” is constant. Like others said, it’s the OBC or +$$$ off that varies. I track prices closely ...here’s an example of different promos and prices over a period of time on one sailing.  

(Yes, I have WAY too much time on my hands .... I'm, very literally, tethered to a computer 10-15 hours a night at work and often there's absolutely nothing going on, so this keeps me awake, lol)

F0D97460-9EE3-4F42-A9C3-0ED700BAEFE3.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

(Yes, I have WAY too much time on my hands .... I'm, very literally, tethered to a computer 10-15 hours a night at work and often there's absolutely nothing going on, so this keeps me awake, lol)

I recognize what sailing that is 😈  I'd be really surprised if you end up finding cheaper rate than the group ones.  I haven't seen that happen yet!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I recognize what sailing that is 😈  I'd be really surprised if you end up finding cheaper rate than the group ones.  I haven't seen that happen yet!

Yeah, I absolutely don't expect to.  It's just a hobby and something to occupy my time when there's nothing to do at work but try to stay awake.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think many have hinted toward it, but I recommend that you book a room and then watch for other offers that can be applied to it.  Book what you want and dont assume that the rate will go down in hopes to move up.  Whether it is you or your TA checking, check the offers to see if you can beat the price.  It seems like there is a new sale of some sort every week!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 10:37 AM, AshleyDillo said:

I just got an email from my MEI travel agent that stated the next "sale" begins September 25:

Royal Caribbean's WOW Sale is Back and it includes Kids Sale free and 50%  the Second Guest for select cruises.   (Offer ends September 29th)   This offer also includes an on-board credit of up to $300 per stateroom.  

But really the focus should be on bottom line price whether there's a "sale" or not as the base fares change around all the time.

So I went to do a price check on our Mariner cruise (only one with a potential price drop).  My daughter is 11 years old so she qualifies for the Kids Sale Free.  The pink Kids Sale Free logo pops up with the mock booking when entering the age of 0-12 year olds, but no reflection in the price.  Pretty banner but makes no difference.  Confused....  I even filled in the details of our birth dates, etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

So I went to do a price check on our Mariner cruise (only one with a potential price drop).  My daughter is 11 years old so she qualifies for the Kids Sale Free.  The pink Kids Sale Free logo pops up with the mock booking when entering the age of 0-12 year olds, but no reflection in the price.  Pretty banner but makes no difference.  Confused....  I even filled in the details of our birth dates, etc

Yep, many times they have these offers, but they have adjusted the cruise fare before they release.  It does depend on your sailing date, inventory availability and possibly the mood of the person at Royal that sets these rates (haha).  There will be other people that we post that they saved lots with this offer.  It always depends on what price you booked at and where they moved those cruise fare rates for your particular category.  Sometimes checking another category code that might work for you as well.  Sometimes you have just picked the category that is selling better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AnnetteJackson said:

Yep, many times they have these offers, but they have adjusted the cruise fare before they release.  It does depend on your sailing date, inventory availability and possibly the mood of the person at Royal that sets these rates (haha).  There will be other people that we post that they saved lots with this offer.  It always depends on what price you booked at and where they moved those cruise fare rates for your particular category.  Sometimes checking another category code that might work for you as well.  Sometimes you have just picked the category that is selling better.

Thanks for the reply.  I tried plugging in 4 adults instead of 3 + 1 kid and same price.  Tried different categories.  

Oh well...we booked close to opening day so unlikely price will go down, but thought with KSF, it would be our only chance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Thanks for the reply.  I tried plugging in 4 adults instead of 3 + 1 kid and same price.  Tried different categories.  

Oh well...we booked close to opening day so unlikely price will go down, but thought with KSF, it would be our only chance. 

Did you view the breakdown by guest?  It should show the free kids at $0.  Now they may have marked guests 1, 2, and 3 way up to compensate for this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to amend my above figures as I consulted with the CEO (Wifey) and we booked in March of 2019. Our booking includes  our 2 sons in an Ocean View Cabin and my wife and I in an Ocean View Balcony Cabin. The combined price drop has been a tad over $2600.oo! We are newbies and didn't book ASAP because we didn't know that strategy at the time. This site has been AWESOME! We are also cruising over New Years, potentially the most expensive time to cruise, another newbie mistake. I guess my point is that the seasoned cruisers know all the tricks and won't see big discounts on their cruise fare. Most of us first timers though really benefit from that weekly call to check rates. We don't bother to look at the promotions because the fine print is just about infinite. Just call and ask if the rate is lower.  To all you regular contributors the extra green is very much appreciated! THANK YOU  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Did you view the breakdown by guest?  It should show the free kids at $0.  Now they may have marked guests 1, 2, and 3 way up to compensate for this.

Actually ...maybe I was checking too early so the system wasn't fully updated?  I checked again after 9am, and the non-refundable adjusted the price.  No KSF for refundable.

So...we may switch to non-refundable.  

Funny related to your comment though...by the time of our cruise, our son will be 15 and our daughter will be 11.  But in cost breakdown, DS (who would get the adult cost) has same price as DD (who would get the KSF).  I guess though its in the 'Discounts & Credits' as the "Free Kids NRD" shown with non-refundable switches to "BOGO50 offer" with refundable (which is a less than KSF).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...