Matt

The "Lets hope a hurricane doesn't cancel this cruise again" LIVE blog from Mariner of the Seas! - September 20, 2019

1 hour ago, WesF said:

Wow, Matt, it's 10:00, and you've been home an hour (so 9:00)?  What time were you off the ship?  I know you live close to the port, but I didn't realize you were that close or that disembarkation would have you back at your car by 8:00 or so.

We were among the first off the ship. Walked off a few minutes after 7am, home around 8:40am.

10 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Message boards for that one too?  I'd be glad to let you do all the heavy lifting and just piggyback on your message board postings..haha.

Nope, back on the blog.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, Matt said:

Originally I wanted to have lunch at Playmakers but true to form, that restaurant does not have enough staffing and we left before the meal could begin.  It seems each time we are on Mariner, there aren’t enough waiters to keep things moving, which is unfortunate. 

Instead, we ate lunch in the main dining room.  There was a great menu and the lovely Tutti Salad bar option plus pasta station.  

8AEB14E0-EF9D-4623-B4AA-FBBABFFB1A0D.jpeg

EBB310FF-1F2B-4AEF-8A04-ED329A5A79BD.jpeg

7118EABA-6E5A-4A34-B027-A73A033A5C13.jpeg

During lunch, the captain announced we will head to Fort Lauderdale to drop off a passenger for medical needs. Should be there around 4pm and be in port for less than an hour. 

This looks amazing.  is there a specific floor for dining for this.   Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard of the sea day lunch dining in MDR. 

15 hours ago, devbak150 said:

Can you make the stir-fry/mongolian and take back to your room for later.  This would be an excellent late night snack, even if it is cold from the fridge!!

Yes, just take the food and walk out of the Windjammer.

15 hours ago, devbak150 said:

This looks amazing.  is there a specific floor for dining for this.   Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard of the sea day lunch dining in MDR. 

Deck 3, which is the only deck of the MDR open for lunch.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, Matt said:

I’m pretty sure we did a similar room on Navigator a number of years ago and recall motion being more noticeable there too. 

You did....I just listened to that podcast yesterday!  Episode 27 (preview of Navigator) and 29 (review).  Navigator had just been refurbished with so many new additions including your 1st taste of Sabor!  How time flies! 

18 hours ago, yzfmik said:

You did....I just listened to that podcast yesterday!  Episode 27 (preview of Navigator) and 29 (review).  Navigator had just been refurbished with so many new additions including your 1st taste of Sabor!  How time flies! 

It seems like eons ago. We had one less kid, were living in NYC and had never heard of @mpoole3!

2 hours ago, mpoole3 said:

New York City Thanksgiving Day Parade!

I had never been so excited to watch that parade to hear what the big announcement was from Royal Caribbean!