Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Good news if you have been dreaming of west coast cruises


Recommended Posts

From Catalina Insider

Quote

Recently a ship’s agent reached out to Avalon city representatives seeking dates to visit the port of Avalon. The ship’s agent, representing Royal Caribbean, requested Saturday and Tuesday visits for the period of July-September beginning in 2021. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just patiently (Somewhat not really patiently haha) waiting for the west coast schedule to post for bookings ...... 

Royal would do wonders with a private island(natural or man-made) or private resort on the Mexican Riviera 

From Catalina Insider  

Posted Images

They've been hinting at this for a while. 

Now the question becomes... which ship?  3,000 passengers are noted which matches to Celebrity better.   This could be a request for Celebrity.

The only bad news is that the requested days of the week were not available, only Wednesday was offered.  The requested Saturday/Tuesday suggests a 3/4 night rotation.  With just Wednesday offered Royal may decide it simply doesn't work for them.  

"Wednesdays were offered to the ship’s agent for consideration."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, twangster said:

Now the question becomes... which ship?  3,000 passengers are noted which matches to Celebrity better.   This could be a request for Celebrity.

Great point. "Royal Caribbean" could reference the parent company (RCCL) and not necessarily be indicative of Royal Caribbean International resuming west coast cruises.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, twangster said:

They've been hinting at this for a while. 

Now the question becomes... which ship?  3,000 passengers are noted which matches to Celebrity better.   This could be a request for Celebrity.

The only bad news is that the requested days of the week were not available, only Wednesday was offered.  The requested Saturday/Tuesday suggests a 3/4 night rotation.  With just Wednesday offered Royal may decide it simply doesn't work for them.  

"Wednesdays were offered to the ship’s agent for consideration."

 

As I've mentioned on another thread a while back, a very reliable source told me the Liberty is moving to the west coast when Royal moves an Oasis class ship to Galveston.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

As I've mentioned on another thread a while back, a very reliable source told me the Liberty is moving to the west coast when Royal moves an Oasis class ship to Galveston.

Libery has much more capacity than 3,000 guests.  I’m not disputing your source but these types of inquires occur all the time by all cruise lines.  We never hear about them.  This “leak” is cute, but in the bigger picture means nothing.  

Now if every port on the West coast reported every inquiry that would be interesting.

This one sounds like local politics.  In isolation it means little.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

As I've mentioned on another thread a while back, a very reliable source told me the Liberty is moving to the west coast when Royal moves an Oasis class ship to Galveston.

With the current status of the California ship to shore power regulations (CARB); I find it very hard to believe Royal would make the financial commitment to California based cruising anytime soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TXcruzer said:

With the current status of the California ship to shore power regulations (CARB); I find it very hard to believe Royal would make the financial commitment to California based cruising anytime soon.

Any word from Carnival and Princess?  They are big operators from CA ports.  How are they embracing the changes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, RoyalLaker said:

http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/content/uploads/2018-2019-Fleet_Guide.pdf

 

I think SOLAS would include the crew onboard.

 

 

Old numbers before new cabins plus that was based on double occupancy.  

I had a conversation with an HD. He told me one time they had 4,001 including temporary entertainers.  He found one pub singer who happened to have his mariners certificate so they could reclassify him as crew and board exactly 4,000 passengers.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, twangster said:

Old numbers before new cabins plus that was based on double occupancy.  

I had a conversation with an HD. He told me one time they had 4,001 including temporary entertainers.  He found one pub singer who happened to have his mariners certificate so they could reclassify him as crew and board exactly 4,000 passengers.  

Those are current at Double occupancy, 4000 would be all berths which would compete with the current ships in Los Angeles.  The way the article is written it appears the ship can carry more passengers than 3000.but they are basing that number of typical Wednesday demand. It would be a 3 day 4 day rotation July-September but come October i would think she would start back on the Mexican Rivera and this typical from the ships that come down from Alaska.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 10:50 AM, RoyalLaker said:

At 2,910 guests it matches the 3,000 figure that RCCL has been using with ports.  

Since it's being built to take shore power that fits CA compliance.

A couple of stars are aligning.  Need a few more to fall in place before calling it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 11:56 PM, twangster said:

At 2,910 guests it matches the 3,000 figure that RCCL has been using with ports.  

Since it's being built to take shore power that fits CA compliance.

A couple of stars are aligning.  Need a few more to fall in place before calling it.

What sister line ship of RCI holds over 4000 passengers? https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=https://tvpacifico.mx/noticias/230179-anuncia-royal-caribbean-su-regreso-a-mazatlan-en-el-2021&prev=search

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RoyalLaker said:

Interesting they specifically speak of RCI, not RCCL.

4k is distinctly Voyager class.  

The sub title of the article says "showed interest in returning" but in the body it states "marking it's return by 2021". 

I'm not aware they have "announced their return".

Wonder which it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...