Who else is in dry dock ??

Skid

Our closest friends are on Adventure, I am reading all the live blogs here and following the group cruise. It seems like I'm the only one not cruising! Other than getting to see our adult children, nothing special is planned for this weekend. 

Help me live vicariously through other dry dockers' escapades!

Sorry, nothing exciting... just food shopping, yard work, and routine maintenance on the pool... right now we're stuck in dry dock for another 22 months! :61_sob:

However, my wife has been hounding me (love it) all week to book another cruise for next year since Harmony is 22 months out! She keeps throwing out the "It's for my 50th birthday" card!

Considering 4-nights on Mariner (Port Canaveral) and maybe stay with friends near Orlando or 7-nights on Oasis (Cape Liberty - no airfare!) possibly in OCT... both hit Perfect Day as one of the ports. We'll see if we can swing it. Since she had to switch jobs a few years ago, she only gets 3 full weeks of vacation right now which makes it even more difficult.

22 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Sorry, nothing exciting... just food shopping, yard work, and routine maintenance on the pool... right now we're stuck in dry dock for another 22 months! :61_sob:

However, my wife has been hounding me (love it) all week to book another cruise for next year since Harmony is 22 months out! She keeps throwing out the "It's for my 50th birthday" card!

Considering 4-nights on Mariner (Port Canaveral) and maybe stay with friends near Orlando or 7-nights on Oasis (Cape Liberty - no airfare!) possibly in OCT... both hit Perfect Day as one of the ports. We'll see if we can swing it. Since she had to switch jobs a few years ago, she only gets 3 full weeks of vacation right now which makes it even more difficult.

If your spouse supports cruising, go for it!   I have a hard time getting my wife to commit to any dates.  And then there is our senior cat who she worries will pass away while we're gone....

37 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

However, my wife has been hounding me (love it) all week to book another cruise for next year

Hurry, do it before she changes her mind! We have a 4 night booked for October on Navigator (only $1223 total for 2 of us) but looking at $600 airfare. Doesn't seem worth it for such a short cruise. We have to decide soon whether or not to cancel.

45 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

food shopping, yard work, and routine maintenance on the pool...

On a day like today, you should be IN the pool, not working on it!

21 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

And then there is our senior cat who she worries will pass away while we're gone...

aaaw...that's a horrible feeling. Hopefully that won't ever happen.

34 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

If your spouse supports cruising, go for it!   I have a hard time getting my wife to commit to any dates.  And then there is our senior cat who she worries will pass away while we're gone....

Another challenge is coordinating with friends/family to watch our two Golden Retrievers! Don’t want to have to board them...

B2A15BE4-F95E-4ACB-BA0C-03D05D3914EE.thumb.png.dda55169da63a403a16643c9d5e5f15e.png

Blahhh..I am drydocked until Labor Day.  I've been fortunate in that my last three cruises were group cruises (official and unofficial) and it's going to almost feel weird not seeing @Matt around the ship.

And then to rub even more salt in the wound, I get to drive @CGTLH to the airport Wednesday to fly out for the Anthem GC ?

2 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Blahhh..I am drydocked until Labor Day.  I've been fortunate in that my last three cruises were group cruises (official and unofficial) and it's going to almost feel weird not seeing @Matt around the ship.

And then to rub even more salt in the wound, I get to drive @CGTLH to the airport Wednesday to fly out for the Anthem GC ?

Labor day will here before you know it!

So, because I am unfortunately not on this group cruise either, whose blog is @CGTLH going to join in on?? Oh, I know.... @Lovetocruise2002, get ready to share your blog with some great pictures.

6 minutes ago, Skid said:

Labor day will here before you know it!

So, because I am unfortunately not on this group cruise either, whose blog is @CGTLH going to join in on?? Oh, I know.... @Lovetocruise2002, get ready to share your blog with some great pictures.

He is only allowed to join if he brings his pumpkin head ?

4 hours ago, Skid said:

Hurry, do it before she changes her mind! We have a 4 night booked for October on Navigator (only $1223 total for 2 of us) but looking at $600 airfare. Doesn't seem worth it for such a short cruise. We have to decide soon whether or not to cancel.

Can you do a b2b?  That would justify it!  Jane

5 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

Can you do a b2b?  That would justify it!  Jane

I'd love that, but DW has stretched her time off from work to the limit...so much so that she can't even take more time without pay. Hmmm....maybe I could let her go home and do the second 1/2 solo??? Nope, can't believe I thought that, let alone said it. Shhhh!!!

2 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

Absolutely nothing this weekend except work and, oh yeah, prepping for my first colonoscopy lol......   arghhhh

Jane...you did it! Suddenly, my weekend is fabulous! And I definitely owe you an apology because I burst out laughing when I saw your post. Look at the bright side...you are young enough that it's only your first time! Good luck.

Hey @Matt, can we get an arghhh or an eewww reaction??

Just now, Skid said:

Jane...you did it! Suddenly, my weekend is fabulous! And I definitely owe you an apology because I burst out laughing when I saw your post. Look at the bright side...you are young enough that it's only your first time! Good luck.

Hey @Matt, can we get an arghhh or an eewww reaction??

Yah I figured I would win the “my weekend sucks the most “ award lol!!!  Jane