StayFrosty

Navigator of the Seas (June 24-28) Semi-live blog

On 5/17/2019 at 7:49 AM, StayFrosty said:

So update on the cruise planning. I booked Jamies for the last evening.  I have never done specialty dining as my wife and I are big fans of the main dining room but since it will be a couple of years before I will be able to cruise again, why not.  Also finally, the Escape Room has appeared in the cruise planner!  We are booked for after dinner while in Nassau.  I love escape rooms and the ones on Royal's ships look more elaborate than any I have been to.  I am not sure how the larger groups will work but I have only heard good things.

We are still not sure what we want to do in Nassau.  We are back and forth between beach day or staying on the ship.  Any thoughts? 

I'll leave you with some photos from 2015 of my students performing in Nassau IMG_0613.thumb.JPG.81c3cd5941396235a643a5507c68a841.JPG

in the Centrum on Enchantment of the Seas

IMG_0617.thumb.JPG.d16b12a3c1d65548b8d3bb8a48d62727.JPG

and the tired old lady herself

IMG_0615.thumb.JPG.7f78f8f590417e6d172a1d7cf0da3b84.JPG

Love these pics!! Are you a music teacher?  I have a special love as my 2 oldest are band nerds (trombone and percussion) and my youngest does show choir.  I personally just appreciate everyone else’s talent!  Jane

5 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Are you a music teacher?

No, not technically anyway.  I teach high school government and economics.  But I have been on marching band staffs for 12 years in addition to my own band and vocal experiences.  I was on that trip as part of the marching band staff.  

3 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

No, not technically anyway.  I teach high school government and economics.  But I have been on marching band staffs for 12 years in addition to my own band and vocal experiences.  I was on that trip as part of the marching band staff.  

I'm married to a high school social studies teacher...AP world and Euro.  My oldest just finished 4 years with University of Illinois' marching illini and my son is on the pep band at Iowa State (he was one of the dancing dinosaurs if you've seen the halftime show)!  The trip looked awesome!  Jane

BREAKING NEWS! We interrupt your obsessive reading about cruises to bring you this important report. We are no longer in “Guarantee” limbo.  We have been assigned a spacious ocean view balcony on desk 8 starboard rear. More news as it becomes available.

We now take you back to your regular cruise programming.

7 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

BREAKING NEWS! We interrupt your obsessive reading about cruises to bring you this important report. We are no longer in “Guarantee” limbo.  We have been assigned a spacious ocean view balcony on desk 8 starboard rear. More news as it becomes available.

We now take you back to your regular cruise programming.

Great post....congrats! Will be following with interest. We are doing this cruise in October. Happy sailing.

1 minute ago, JLMoran said:

You win!! 🤣😂🤣😂

Lordy, I didn't know you could book a cruise that far out!!

There is a 14 Japan, Russia and Alaska Cruise on Ovation you can book that departs May 8, 2021!

Hello!!  We will be on the cruise as well and we cannot wait to get away from what has been the wettest, dreariest spring in Michigan that I can ever remember.  My husband and I are teachers, too.  We will be on this cruise with 186 others in our group!   Yep, you read that right.  We have our 13-year-old daughter and 39 dancers with us that will be performing on the ship in the Main Theatre.  We’d love it if you’d take a few minutes of your sea day to come watch our kids.   Anyway, I’m looking forward to your trip report, too.  See you in a week! 🛳🌴🍹

2 hours ago, Bbjunkie said:

Hello!!  We will be on the cruise as well and we cannot wait to get away from what has been the wettest, dreariest spring in Michigan that I can ever remember.  My husband and I are teachers, too.  We will be on this cruise with 186 others in our group!   Yep, you read that right.  We have our 13-year-old daughter and 39 dancers with us that will be performing on the ship in the Main Theatre.  We’d love it if you’d take a few minutes of your sea day to come watch our kids.   Anyway, I’m looking forward to your trip report, too.  See you in a week! 🛳🌴🍹

I will be there.

B1BC06DB-351F-4D91-887B-289148A2FC8B.jpeg.66e84a9c60c96d3e466b79fddeb2d7c9.jpeg

One week to go!!!!!

Here is a little update. Booked a massage for my wife while I am off at the flight simulator, but mainly I am trying to finish all of the stuff around the house that needs done before we leave. 

We have an uncovered exterior stair well in the rear of our house.  We have a toddler, so we’re are constantly worried she will fall down those stairs.  My in-laws are staying with her and my two collies while we are on the cruise. 74C9A165-DE6C-4A06-91CA-9169080FBD44.thumb.jpeg.fccab397571536c7e401cd326536ebe1.jpeg

I didn’t want them to have to worry about it so I got it fenced in. Sounds good right? Wrong, my younger collie is afraid of the gate and will no longer go down the stairs...

EBD382A5-819C-4881-8C1A-FCFDE93BD849.jpeg.106322d5b00689eb77fd397ff9090b9d.jpeg

Oh well, cruise in a week!

15 hours ago, Bbjunkie said:

We’d love it if you’d take a few minutes of your sea day to come watch our kids.

I will definitely try to make it. 

I have brought a performing group on a cruise before and it’s hard to get other cruisers to attend these performances. Talk it up with everyone you meet and make sure RCL puts it in the Cruise Compass (with the correct times, we’ve had problems with this in the past), and even better, try to get them to make some announcements. Try to get the ear of the cruise director, they could likely help with that promotion.  

16 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

I will definitely try to make it. 

I have brought a performing group on a cruise before and it’s hard to get other cruisers to attend these performances. Talk it up with everyone you meet and make sure RCL puts it in the Cruise Compass (with the correct times, we’ve had problems with this in the past), and even better, try to get them to make some announcements. Try to get the ear of the cruise director, they could likely help with that promotion.  

Thanks!   That’s good advice.  We had our kick-off party/banquet tonight.  We have matching shirts;  bright Caribbean blue with green and white logo on it.   We should all be wearing them as we board.  Say Hi!  We are a friendly and fun group.   I promise you won’t be disappointed if you watch our kids.  👍🏻💃🏼🕺🏻  See you in a week.

It’s vacation day! And you know what that means?  It means everything is going off the rails.  My daughter, who will be staying with the inlaws, might be coming down with a cold and I wake up to find that my 5pm flight to FLL is delayed by two hours. Not sure why, the incoming flight is still listed as coming in on time. Maybe they are shuffling airplanes.  Who knows, but now we are not getting in until 10:30pm. Not thrilled, but that’s why we fly down the day before, right? 

Question: knowing that my flight is delay by two hours, do you think I am safe delaying my departure to the airport as well?  

26 minutes ago, StayFrosty said:

Question: knowing that my flight is delay by two hours, do you think I am safe delaying my departure to the airport as well?  

I'd check with the airline. 

Have a great cruise. Looking forward to following along. 

3 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

It’s vacation day! And you know what that means?  It means everything is going off the rails.  My daughter, who will be staying with the inlaws, might be coming down with a cold and I wake up to find that my 5pm flight to FLL is delayed by two hours. Not sure why, the incoming flight is still listed as coming in on time. Maybe they are shuffling airplanes.  Who knows, but now we are not getting in until 10:30pm. Not thrilled, but that’s why we fly down the day before, right? 

I would not delay my departure to the airport significantly.  I've been on a flight that was delayed but they put another aircraft in its place and it left on time. 

We're on Navigator next week so can't wait to follow along!

1 hour ago, StayFrosty said:

Update.  I asked Southwest on Twitter and they said it was due to an “upline mechanical issue”. Now I see they switched planes and we are on time again. 

I was going to respond to your question about leaving for airport later with my personal experience with this happening (delayed, then going back to on time = running thru airport like a lunatic), but looks like you’re all set! 

Looking forward to following along! I enjoy our cruises with child and sans child equally since, like you said, they ate very different vacations. Enjoy!!