A Big Thank You As the Day Is Almost Here!

FManke

As Sunday quickly approaches and we are about to embark on our first cruise, I wanted to save my 1000th post to say a big thank you to all my new RCblog friends!

You have eased our minds and answered so many of our questions that I know you have probably answered for others time and time again. But you did it without hesitation or bemoaning the fact that that question had already been answered.

The one thing that became apparent on this site opposed to others that I had been on was how quickly there was a sense of friendship and family. Even though we are separated by thousands of miles and most of us have never met.  We support each other. We rib on each other. And we are there for each other when the other person needs something. Just like a family.

So, I will probably post some more before we leave for Boston on Saturday. Who am I kidding, of course I'm going to post some more!

When we return,  I will definitely post our impressions from our first RC cruise, but hopefully not our last. 

Thanks again for all your help!

Fred and Leslie

I am so happy for you ...... I can imagine that the waiting and the anticipation has been pure torture.  You WILL have a GREAT time.  It looks as though the weather will cooperate.....

Enjoy, and ..... don't try to do EVERYTHING on the Cruise Compass .... unless you can bend the time-space continuum, then, go for it ....

Just be sure to give yourselves time to just relax and chill and savor in the joy of cruising.

Mark

4 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

I am so happy for you ...... I can imagine that the waiting and the anticipation has been pure torture.  You WILL have a GREAT time.  It looks as though the weather will cooperate.....

Enjoy, and ..... don't try to do EVERYTHING on the Cruise Compass .... unless you can bend the time-space continuum, then, go for it ....

Just be sure to give yourselves time to just relax and chill and savor in the joy of cruising.

Mark

The anticipation has been torture! I'm a very compulsive person in some ways, and with something like this as soon as I booked the cruise, I wanted to leave! The next day!

I want to try and relax and not compress every activity into 7days, which is long in some aspects, but not nearly long enough in others.

My family knows me as a vacation drill sergeant. Get up at this time, see this first and then this. We always have a great time and get to do and see everything, but sometimes at a break neck speed that doesn't need to happen. In a previous post awhile ago, I told a story about when we were at Disney World and rushing to get to Soarin', I actually told them when they wanted to stop for pictures, "we don't have time for pictures!"  They love to tell that story. 

Sometimes doing nothing is all that's needed on vacation. I'm going to try.

2 minutes ago, FManke said:

The anticipation has been torture! I'm a very compulsive person in some ways, and with something like this as soon as I booked the cruise, I wanted to leave! The next day!

I want to try and relax and not compress every activity into 7days, which is long in some aspects, but not nearly long enough in others.

My family knows me as a vacation drill sergeant. Get up at this time, see this first and then this. We always have a great time and get to do and see everything, but sometimes at a break neck speed that doesn't need to happen. In a previous post awhile ago, I told a story about when we were at Disney World and rushing to get to Soarin', I actually told them when they wanted to stop for pictures, "we don't have time for pictures!"  They love to tell that story. 

Soarin?  That ride is awesome .... and I agree, there's no time for pictures, JUST GET IN LINE!!!!!

As for doing nothing ...... we became masters at that last week on Grandeur thanks to Jose....... and it was incredibly relaxing .....  Who knew that doing nothing became everything?  I didn't.  That's a lesson I'm glad I learned.

Have fun, I know you will,

Mark

1 minute ago, coneyraven said:

As for doing nothing ...... we became masters at that last week on Grandeur thanks to Jose....... and it was incredibly relaxing .....  Who knew that doing nothing became everything?  I didn't.

There is an art to doing nothing. I just haven't been able to master that yet. I'm going to try next week.

1 hour ago, FManke said:

As Sunday quickly approaches and we are about to embark on our first cruise, I wanted to save my 1000th post to say a big thank you to all my new RCblog friends!

Fred and Leslie

A few months ago I gave props to Mr. Moran for his huge post count, having not yet been on a cruise.

So I would be remiss if I didn't do the same for y'all!   I think it's uber cool to become an expert at something you 

haven't done yet.  I thought y'all were cruisin' veterans!  

I hope you have the greatest vacation ever!    ...and ease up, Sarge!  Just enjoy the waves and easy rock of the ship.

2 hours ago, FManke said:

Did you know that you can reserve a time for rides like Soarin''?  I think you can do it online now. A few years ago my family and I went to Disney and my son-in-law went ahead of us and made reservations for a couple of hours later. We spent the time doing other Disney stuff and then showed up a little before the reservation time and went right in.....ahead of the very long line. Talk about dirty looks, but, I didn't really care.

Check it out! This will definitely galvanize your reputation as a "vacation drill sergeant" and possibly get you promoted  sergeant major! :27_sunglasses:

1 hour ago, Floski said:

A few months ago I gave props to Mr. Moran for his huge post count, having not yet been on a cruise.

So I would be remiss if I didn't do the same for y'all!   I think it's uber cool to become an expert at something you 

haven't done yet.  I thought y'all were cruisin' veterans!  

I hope you have the greatest vacation ever!    ...and ease up, Sarge!  Just enjoy the waves and easy rock of the ship.

Im far from an expert, I  just like to give my opinion and advice about things, even if people havent asked for it! ? 

11 minutes ago, rjac said:

Did you know that you can reserve a time for rides like Soarin''?  I think you can do it online now. A few years ago my family and I went to Disney and my son-in-law went ahead of us and made reservations for a couple of hours later. We spent the time doing other Disney stuff and then showed up a little before the reservation time and went right in.....ahead of the very long line. Talk about dirty looks, but, I didn't really care.

Check it out! This will definitely galvanize your reputation as a "vacation drill sergeant" and possibly get you promoted  sergeant major! :27_sunglasses:

We had a Fast Pass! ?

Big bon voyage to you and your family, and I hope you have an amazing time! Definitely looking forward to the post-cruise report, as this is one of those itineraries that I'm eying to book down the road.

And dang! You joined a month later than me and are already over 1,000 posts?!?!? My hat is off to you, sir!

First and foremost enjoy the cruise.   Second and so on RELAX.  If this is your first cruise  to pull up to a ship and see it for the first time is quite an experience.  Our first cruise was on Enchantment years ago and thought that ship was big.  HA HA  After several cruises and visiting our son at several Navy ship yards the past 10 years  it is amazing at the size of all the ships.   Also stop at several of the photo shoots on board and have lots of pictures taken.  I am sad to say we learned the hard way and saw only 1 photographer and the pictures did not develop to a camera issue.  That was our only family cruise unfortunately.   Lastly I know its repetitious but RELAX and ENJOY.  We are so glad that we stumbled upon this site. The wealth of information is beyond incredible.   WELCOME ABOARD and enjoy the cruise.

1 hour ago, fonemanbob said:

First and foremost enjoy the cruise.   Second and so on RELAX.  If this is your first cruise  to pull up to a ship and see it for the first time is quite an experience.  Our first cruise was on Enchantment years ago and thought that ship was big.  HA HA  After several cruises and visiting our son at several Navy ship yards the past 10 years  it is amazing at the size of all the ships.   Also stop at several of the photo shoots on board and have lots of pictures taken.  I am sad to say we learned the hard way and saw only 1 photographer and the pictures did not develop to a camera issue.  That was our only family cruise unfortunately.   Lastly I know its repetitious but RELAX and ENJOY.  We are so glad that we stumbled upon this site. The wealth of information is beyond incredible.   WELCOME ABOARD and enjoy the cruise.

Thank you, and thank you son for his service. I have a nephew in the Navy and know the immense pride of having somebody in the family serving our country.

On 9/27/2017 at 10:01 AM, FManke said:

You have eased our minds and answered so many of our questions that I know you have probably answered for others time and time again. But you did it without hesitation or bemoaning the fact that that question had already been answered.

The one thing that became apparent on this site opposed to others that I had been on was how quickly there was a sense of friendship and family. Even though we are separated by thousands of miles and most of us have never met.  We support each other. We rib on each other. And we are there for each other when the other person needs something. Just like a family.

So, I will probably post some more before we leave for Boston on Saturday. Who am I kidding, of course I'm going to post some more!

When we return,  I will definitely post our impressions from our first RC cruise, but hopefully not our last. 

Thanks again for all your help!

Fred and Leslie

Have a wonderful and relaxing cruise!!!!!

Enjoy the relaxing! I'm a Disneyaholic who has been to Disney 13 times.  My kid's got lots of pics... they were built into the touring plan lol! We opened the park and closed the park (and never went back for the nap!)   I will tell you that my first sea day on vision in 2015 was one of the best days of my life.   I was on vacation and sitting in my chair with nothing else to do but read a book, wave to my teens and drink my frosty beverage.   I've never been so relaxed in my whole life.   I loved the 4 ports and excursions that gave my teens something to do, but mostly I just enjoyed enjoying the ship and the meals and the relaxation.  I have found and treasured those relaxing times on both cruises since.  Remember that you just can't do everything,  so don't worry about it and do only what you want to!   I can't wait to read all about your trip!   Jane