WONDERing How Cruise #2 Will Go - March 17-24, 2024

OCSC Mike

7 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Hope you take some pics at Capt Bob's! Have fun!

Just got back. Pics later when I get them from my wife. Dolphins, turtles, and stingrays… oh my!

Had a great time just like our first time 7 years ago. Perfect weather while on the boat but felt a lot hotter on the walk back to the ship.

I think we’re experiencing the poor service at Playmakers you mentioned, @GatorCruiser. Got sat by a friendly server pretty quickly… now been sitting here for quite a while waiting to place our order. It’s busy but not crazy. Not many people paying any attention to hoops so it’s not that.

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I think we’re experiencing the poor service at Playmakers you mentioned, @GatorCruiser. Got sat by a friendly server pretty quickly… now been sitting here for quite a while waiting to place our order. It’s busy but not crazy. Not many people paying any attention to hoops so it’s not that.

Playmakers can be frustrating cause you want it to be awesome but wait times sabotage it. 

6 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

Playmakers can be frustrating cause you want it to be awesome but wait times sabotage it. 

Think we’re ok now. Server named Mike came over & said he thought someone else took our order & apologized like 5 times. Got my goalpost margarita…

IMG_2007.thumb.jpeg.bc35ca66861e3485f2f25305c50bbf1f.jpeg

Sorry, kinda dark in here.

First Park Cafe McMuffin. I usually get them more often in the early am since Park Cafe opens at 6:30am on some ships but each cruise is different & I haven’t been up as early as usual to have a big pre-breakfast with my CL cappuccinos this week.

IMG_2014.jpeg

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Park Cafe McMuffin

Follow-up… hard to go wrong with any breakfast sammie in my book, even fast food ones are fine. But what made me start eating these so often a while back was getting a runny egg & I got a really good one today. 😋 

Need to work on my sleep issues so I can both sleep better (obv) and get back to my normal cruise routine. I really didn’t do much pre-7am this week besides getting to the CL for coffee a little earlier & I miss Central Park at 6:30am.

25 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

What kind of drink is that?

Johnny Rockets cookies n cream milkshakes.

We’ve mostly given up on trying to use most of them on more expensive cocktails, especially when we’re off the ship all day. No idea what we’ll do with 10 after this, lol. Some days I’ll have 4-6 actual drinks but not everyday & my wife will need 2 milkshakes/day to go with her 1-2 daiquiris. 1st world D+ problems. 🤣

16 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I thought that looked familiar. D15 loves those. But I wasn't sure if it was a coffee drink.

Wife won’t go near coffee & only drinks tea for a sore throat, lol.

Strong possibility she eats/drinks more like your D15. Actually, safe bet D15 eats way more things. I married a big kid but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Being an adult isn’t as fun except for the drinking. 🙃

10 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

Truly blessed and privileged to be invited on a bridge tour. Thanks to concierges Kenny and Norman!!

Told ya Kenny was a good guy. Hopefully you didn’t get reprimanded for being too loud on the bridge… which may or may not have happened to our group, lol.

26 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I know people love a runny egg but that is not my jam, which is why I stick to chocolate croissants/donuts for breakfast. 

I vote for all of the above but you already knew that.

26 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

In sad other news the week has flown by, its already Friday

Thanks for the reminder! 😭 It’s bad enough I have my phone, the elevator sign in the floor, & the debarkation flier to remind me. 🤬 indeed!

Just lost another post. Grrr.

Short version… Solarium on Wonder really is a bit warm with no breeze so we’re tucked away in a corner of the pool deck with shade, a breeze, & no foot traffic. Other than the music, it’s fine.

IMG_2015.thumb.jpeg.aafda51cc46a6a56b41a44641ec48d37.jpeg

Off to get lunch then fill our Bezos cup holders.

Just now, Sweety said:

Paella looks good.

Seafood was good (for WJ)… rice was dry but that’s fine. More room for ELF.

For a while they always had paella on day 1 & it was really good since it was so freshly made but hadn’t seen it on my last 3 cruises.