WONDERing How Cruise #2 Will Go - March 17-24, 2024

OCSC Mike

We had this week booked on the Symphony, booked on day 1. Board of Education changed the Spring Break week, now it's not until the last week of March, the 25th I believe. Kiddo in the IB program had a melt down, she doesn't miss school instruction. It would have been miserable so I canceled. I have to say hearing about so many kiddos on these sailings I'm happy now. Don't get me wrong kiddos are fine but sometimes the newbies think the ship is their baby sitter, not fun for the rest of us.  Sending you positive vibes @GatorCruiser, I'm sure everyone will get settled.....soon. 

I hope you and @OCSC Mike have a blast on your sailing, looking forward to your adventures!!

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

We had this week booked on the Symphony, booked on day 1. Board of Education changed the Spring Break week, now it's not until the last week of March, the 25th I believe. Kiddo in the IB program had a melt down, she doesn't miss school instruction. It would have been miserable so I canceled. I have to say hearing about so many kiddos on these sailings I'm happy now. Don't get me wrong kiddos are fine but sometimes the newbies think the ship is their baby sitter, not fun for the rest of us.  Sending you positive vibes @GatorCruiser, I'm sure everyone will get settled.....soon. 

I hope you and @OCSC Mike have a blast on your sailing, looking forward to your adventures!!

CPS did the same thing for the next two years. I had to change my cruises.

Biscuits were good. 
dinner at chops. Place was dead. Awesome . Service and food great. Servers descended on our table to cut up my youngins’ steaks. Caught a couple mins of intense (seen it before) my goose is cooked for the day. Coco tomorrow. Thrill water park; will Check out hideaway beach. as always this website provides a service. Someone mentioned about asking room attendant for a fan. Didn’t know that was an option before. Asked, for a box fan for the room. Got one. Thanks y’all.  

. Seacrest out. 

4 hours ago, Sweety said:

CPS did the same thing for the next two years. I had to change my cruises.

Ok, i had to look up where you're from because i was genuinely worried for you. I see in your case CPS stands for Chicago Public Schools (at least i hope!). In my neck of the woods  ... CPS is Child Protective Services. 😅

2 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Ok, i had to look up where you're from because i was genuinely worried for you. I see in your case CPS stands for Chicago Public Schools (at least i hope!). In my neck of the woods  ... CPS is Child Protective Services. 😅

I have to catch myself, as a Chicagoan from using our abbreviations. I used CPS/CPL in something to mention Libraries and it caught the person off-guard. 

Can’t sleep for a change.

MDR started off rough. Took a good 45 mins to get our appetizers after sitting down but the rest of the meal moved quickly so hopefully it was a one-off. Escargot wasn’t hot (took so long, not surprising) but rest of the meal was fine. Wife’s grilled chicken was dry but rest of her meal was fine too. You guys know we’re not big MDR fans so it’s not super important to us. My key lime pie was much better than expected & my wife tried Boston cream pie instead of resorting to her usual ice cream & liked it. We went to WJ after to find half the MDR menu & nothing overly exciting.

After dinner we saw InTENse for the 2nd time. Same opinion… it’s good but we prefer less dancing & more diving.

Headliner after that… Pete Matthews, comedic juggler. Some of his jokes were funny & clearly he can juggle but not great.

CocoCay in the morning so hopefully we get some sleep.

6 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Correct.

Starting to feel awake & better. Crown Lounge may be in the basement but love that there are two coffee machines & this model can fill my cappuccino to the very top of the to-go cups.

One huge negative… no chocolate croissants for my wife, one of her favorite things in the food world. Grabbed her a plain with my Danish & 2 large cappuccinos. Currently drinking them from my Bezos cup holder in the cabin b/c there’s no coffee table on Wonder. Waiting to see how wife feels before we make plans. Normally we get off the ship ASAP. Stay tuned…

SMH at group of 8 adults in the pool talking about how Hideaway Beach is $70pp if you book it in person. It has been $19.99-$26.99pp in the planner for months. I get that there are tons of new cruisers but I don’t get how people do virtually zero research. Oh well. I’m sure they’ll have a good time regardless.

29 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

SMH at group of 8 adults in the pool talking about how Hideaway Beach is $70pp if you book it in person. It has been $19.99-$26.99pp in the planner for months.. I get that there are tons of new cruisers but I don’t get how people do virtually zero research. Oh well. I’m sure they’ll have a good time regardless.

Really true. 
This is not an early morning crowd: also really true. 
it’s great to have you back!! 

6 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Chocolate croissants are my go-to breakfast food. I believe they were in the Crown Lounge everyday but one on Wonder, I had to get a chocolate donut instead. 

I am always shocked at how little people research their vacations. So many people wait until they board to buy things. 

Me too. Love those chocolate croissants and the bran muffins too.

@OCSC Mike I see that you brought your wife one of those fruit-covered danish.  I do love those....not so much for the fruit or the danish but for the yummy custard.  LOL  I'll betcha if you ask the CL Concierge that they will get your some chocolate croissant for later in the week.  They're usually pretty good about that kind of thing.  Good luck !

46 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

@OCSC Mike I see that you brought your wife one of those fruit-covered danish.  I do love those....not so much for the fruit or the danish but for the yummy custard.  LOL  I'll betcha if you ask the CL Concierge that they will get your some chocolate croissant for later in the week.  They're usually pretty good about that kind of thing.  Good luck !

The fruit danish was mine. She got a plain croissant since there wasn’t chocolate. We usually do ask with mixed results. But I agree if there are any to be found they will get them. I’ll ask tomorrow if they’re still missing. We have Mason Jar brunch though so don’t think we’ll be eating breakfast.

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

...uh....you sure this doesn't have anything to do with the multitude of cocktails yesterday ?  

🤣😍

Little from column A, little from column B? 🤷‍♂️🤣 Nah, I don’t think so. I’m not a big drinker but 4 spread out over the whole day shouldn’t be a problem.

We were going to finish the night with mudslides at the headliner show but there was no server nearby so I have a fridge full of strawberry lemonade Trulys now (couldn’t let my wife’s vouchers go to waste). She had a strawberry daiquiri here at CocoCay at least. Beginning to wonder what the heck we’re going to do with 10 after this but we’ll figure something out.

18 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

The fruit danish was mine. She got a plain croissant since there wasn’t chocolate. We usually do ask with mixed results. But I agree if there are any to be found they will get them. I’ll ask tomorrow if they’re still missing. We have Mason Jar brunch though so don’t think we’ll be eating breakfast.

Please post pictures of Mason Jar.

19 minutes ago, Sweety said:

Please post pictures of Mason Jar.

Will do my best since @GatorCruiseronly mentioned like 2 items. Methinks he cared more about the bourbon than the food. 🤣 No judgment of course.

I liked it better here when it was cool in October. Feels hotter than it was supposed to be. Think I’ve had 8 cups of mango water so far. 🥵