"Cruise Big, or Go Home" – OA 3/10/2024-3/17/2024

@Lovetocruise2002 Shane’s genie special was worth waiting for and I bet the girls enjoyed the private session w/the pub singer. That was a very generous thoughtful Gift from Genie Shane! Our genie arranged for the pianist/vocalist (also from the pub) to play the grand piano in our RLS. We requested most of the music. Genie and pianist joined us in hilarious laughter filled singalong. The awkward part was how much to tip the pianist?  Let’s just say hubs tipped him bigly😳. It was big fun - an unforgettable experience but I think I’d like a complimentary Genie Special better😂.  What a memorable week to celebrate the graduate with your beautiful family. I’ve had so many smiles and a couple lol’s…just following along.😍

Totally slept in this morning. I forgot that Jamaica is an hour behind and I did not turn my phone off from automatic settings. Even with airplane mode on, my phone will automatically reset unless I change it, which I forgot to. Anyway, have done much because I ended up sleeping an extra hour than I intended to. 

Off to the FlowRider for private session #2 and play the supportive wife 😂 

19 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I think we definitely got the “genie special” this afternoon! I have to say, I am not easily surprised but I did not see this one coming! 

When getting drinks with @recogneyes, she asked me if we had been to the pub. I said no and that we are not huge fans of the pub in general. She said we have to at least pop by for a  visit to see the pub signer because he is really good.

Later then evening, we ran into @recogneyes again at playmakers, and Stephen, the pub signer was there. She introduced us and we said will try to find time to see him. If you are wondering where I am going with this, keep reading…

Today is a sea day, and Shane overheard us saying last night that we might do El Loco today. He suggested that we do a delivery because it might be busy and our kids never get anywhere early. When we came back to our room to eat, this is what we found. 

IMG_0584.jpeg

IMG_0585.jpeg

IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_0588.jpeg

IMG_0591.jpeg

IMG_0590.jpeg

IMG_0586.jpeg

Well how cool is that!  We had a good chat with Stephen last night…at the pub…and he told us he had a great time with your family yesterday.  Now you can say you have experienced the Royal Loft concert series. 

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Flowriding is fun, but flowriding with friends is so much better ❤️

It sure is!! Definitely better in a group of friends.  That picture of hubby and Shane reminded me of a story he told us where a guest on the flowrider soaked him the week prior to our cruise. There is more to the story but after reviewing camera footage it was determined it was intentional and the guest lost their flowrider privileges for the week.  You will have to ask him about it because no-one tells a story quite like Shane.  IYKYK

50 minutes ago, Jax said:

It sure is!! Definitely better in a group of friends.  That picture of hubby and Shane reminded me of a story he told us where a guest on the flowrider soaked him the wet prior to our week with him. There is more to the story but after reviewing camera footage it was determined it was intentional and the guest lost their flowrider privileges for the week.  You will have to ask him about it because no-one tells a story quite like Shane.  IYKYK

Oh we heard the story! He told us that story earlier this week. I thought it was terrible, could not believe it. It was because of that story that they posed for an “air hug” for that photo lol

5 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

I have a feeling hubby might be buying some private rental sessions in the future 

You know I actually asked him about this before dinner. He said that while he loved joining Andrew this time, a private rental would be a lot of riding for one person. He said if he had the opportunity again to share the rental with someone he would be totally up for it, but if it was just him, he might get too tired. He did say that he felt like he learned the most this cruise. And he also said that with the 2 FlowRiders, he actually felt like the lines were longer. Could be the demographics on this sailing as well. 

On 3/14/2024 at 3:34 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

When getting drinks with @recogneyes, she asked me if we had been to the pub. I said no and that we are not huge fans of the pub in general.

You lost me on this, 100%! 🤣 Best hang out with great entertainment!

On 3/14/2024 at 3:36 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Shane is amazing! There is no doubt about that!

Can you please put in a good word for us?! 🤣🤣🤣 I don't think my life will be complete without having Shane as our Genie at least once. ❤️❤️ Symphony 5/31, 8734 thank you so much. Bye! 😅😅😅😅

32 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You know I actually asked him about this before dinner. He said that while he loved joining Andrew this time, a private rental would be a lot of riding for one person. He said if he had the opportunity again to share the rental with someone he would be totally up for it, but if it was just him, he might get too tired. He did say that he felt like he learned the most this cruise. And he also said that with the 2 FlowRiders, he actually felt like the lines were longer. Could be the demographics on this sailing as well. 

Guess next cruise he just needs to take me along to help with the flowrider time 😂😂. Yeah when we were on allure it seemed to go in waves. There were times that the standup line would get really long especially in the afternoon. Mornings seemed slower, but afternoon was when the first timers would come give it a try. 

4 hours ago, SweetPea said:

You lost me on this, 100%! 🤣 Best hang out with great entertainment!

Can you please put in a good word for us?! 🤣🤣🤣 I don't think my life will be complete without having Shane as our Genie at least once. ❤️❤️ Symphony 5/31, 8734 thank you so much. Bye! 😅😅😅😅

The pub was fun tonight! I will try to see what I can do with the other request 😉

4 hours ago, LandstromCruise said:

Guess next cruise he just needs to take me along to help with the flowrider time 😂😂. Yeah when we were on allure it seemed to go in waves. There were times that the standup line would get really long especially in the afternoon. Mornings seemed slower, but afternoon was when the first timers would come give it a try. 

Well if you would book a sailing with us, we could probably arrange that lol

28 minutes ago, Jamesszy94 said:

Should just get a Flowrider in your backyard at home (assuming you have the space for it 😋)

Umm…Canadian summers where we are, only last from June to September (if we are lucky). Also, there is zero space for a FlowRider in our backyard lol, we don’t even have grass 😂

IMG_2371.thumb.jpeg.e36fc64bfb2e61839d62ff57771e31ee.jpeg

Then, I lost 90 minutes of my life watching Cats. The things we do for our kids 🤦🏻‍♀️

These people were all smarter. 
8e906701-9097-4ed9-934e-3a4559c8012c.thumb.jpeg.0e2d8459c31266653cc77519af4f9a71.jpeg

People were leaving in droves! Entire rows were emptying out. Sort of rude. It was not my favourite either, but still. I felt bad for the cast. Not sure if they are used to it or not. 

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Then, I lost 90 minutes of my life watching Cats. The things we do for our kids 🤦🏻‍♀️

8e906701-9097-4ed9-934e-3a4559c8012c.thumb.jpeg.0e2d8459c31266653cc77519af4f9a71.jpeg

People were leaving in droves! Entire rows were emptying out. Sort of rude. It was not my favourite either, but still. I felt bad for the cast. Not sure if they are used to it or not. 

That's kind of sad that the performers work so hard to try and put on a good show but people leave because of the bad reputation the movie has.. it's a shame. I think some of the comedy shows aren't that funny, but I'd never leave because I know they worked so hard to try to put on a good show for people!

On the way back to the room, we stopped by the pub to hear Stephen in his element. @recogneyes told me I had to do that lol. We ran into @recogneyes and her Hubby and Andrew & Lisa were there too. This was already way better than Cats! 

I was invited to do car bombs and politely declined because I never touch beer. I hate it. The guys talked Hubby into it instead. This is what Canadians in the wild look like. 😂🇨🇦
IMG_0649.thumb.jpeg.a226f132c8413c7d184d1f6a83a5b5cb.jpeg

IMG_0650.thumb.jpeg.eb9b2fc9e754c67c8126d1e77bd456dd.jpeg

IMG_0658.thumb.jpeg.cf67b30132a0962a3bda1e30d5991cec.jpeg

Apologies for the bad quality photos. I am taking them off videos. Go check out Andrew’s blog for the video. 

@OCSC Mike here is photo evidence that I do like tequila. But it has to be Patron. 😉

Again, apologies for the quality of the photos. We took them from videos. 

@recogneyes’s Hubby was warned by Andrew that he might show up on social media. He asked what we would call him. I told him we would call him @recogneyes’s Hubby 😄

IMG_0659.jpeg

IMG_0660.jpeg

IMG_0661.jpeg

IMG_0662.jpeg

7 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It’s definitely time for Oasis to be honored with a new show!  Seriously! 😳 Come on Royal…do something nice for your Oasis guests!

7 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Uggggh! 😆  I'm sure I mentioned this before, but my wife had seen Cats on Broadway when she was a child and absolutely loved it... not so much as an adult! We both gave it a chance on Oasis despite the negative reviews (I had never seen it) and hung on to the very end! People walked out in our performance as well. I do think they must be used to it... I'm sure that's part of the reason why the shortened the performance as part of the amplification.

I told my wife I'd be happy with a single performance of "Memories" and then we could walk out... 😩  I agree, the cast and costumes were excellent, but we did not care for the production as a whole.

6 hours ago, SweetPea said:

You should've tried it! I promise you, an Irish car bomb really doesn't taste like beer! 

She’s lying, don’t listen!!!!  Those things are nasty!  Back in my drinking days I was “forced” to do those with my boss and gagged every time. I’ve never really liked beer. Now I don’t really drink that much. If I do it’s usually more fruity drinks like a Malibu and pineapple, or a lavaflow 

8 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Well if you would book a sailing with us, we could probably arrange that lol

Umm…Canadian summers where we are, only last from June to September (if we are lucky). Also, there is zero space for a FlowRider in our backyard lol, we don’t even have grass 😂

One day it will happen!  And that is a beautiful backyard.  I think someone told me when sailing out of Miami there is a flowrider in the backyard of one of the houses there. You have to have stupid money to be able to do that. I looked into them thinking maybe I could put a couple in an old warehouse or something and make a business out of it. They are at minimum like $500K a piece. And I was told the electrical cost to run the pumps on them were outrageous 

7 hours ago, SweetPea said:

You should've tried it! I promise you, an Irish car bomb really doesn't taste like beer! 

Still think I will pass lol

2 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

It’s definitely time for Oasis to be honored with a new show!  Seriously! 😳 Come on Royal…do something nice for your Oasis guests!

One can only hope…

1 hour ago, JohnK6404 said:

I told my wife I'd be happy with a single performance of "Memories" and then we could walk out... 😩 

Some people hung on all the way to memories and then left immediately afterwards. I feel like if you stay until that point, then you might was well stay until the end. 

1 hour ago, LandstromCruise said:

Those things are nasty!

I find beer completely nasty. That is why I would never attempt it.

1 hour ago, LandstromCruise said:

One day it will happen!  And that is a beautiful backyard.  I think someone told me when sailing out of Miami there is a flowrider in the backyard of one of the houses there. You have to have stupid money to be able to do that. I looked into them thinking maybe I could put a couple in an old warehouse or something and make a business out of it. They are at minimum like $500K a piece. And I was told the electrical cost to run the pumps on them were outrageous 

Thank you. That is our very own Oasis lagoon that we built up over Covid. I think I did see a house like that, either it was Miami or Fort Lauderdale sail away that has one. And they are super expensive, I remember Hubby looked it up for fun one time. 

58 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

https://www.flowrider.com/markets/residential/    Look at how much fun this family is having ! 

Good thing Hubby does not read this blog lol