Top tips: Perfect Day & Labadee

First time cruiser and therefore first time visitor to Perfect day & Labadee at the end of Feb.

Any tips for both of these destinations? 
We have not booked excursions for perfect day and just intend to have a beach/pool day and the same with Labadee with the exception that we have the dragon tail coaster booked. 
Thanks in advance. 

If you can get a bungalow at Labadee for about $150 I highly recommend it. It gives all the feel of a cabana at a massive fraction of the cost and the access to the less used area of the beach means you can soak, float or splash with less people around.

We did it on our last trip and it made the whole experience a MILLION times better.

Food tips for CocoCay...

Snack Shack: Fried chicken sandwich, mozzarella sticks, funnel cake.

Chill Grill/Skipper's Grill: Taco bar (they have lots of other stuff but I prefer the tacos). Dessert hack there... combine soft serve from the machine with chocolate chip cookies (others do brownies) in a plastic drink cup.

28 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

If you can get a bungalow at Labadee for about $150 I highly recommend it. It gives all the feel of a cabana at a massive fraction of the cost and the access to the less used area of the beach means you can soak, float or splash with less people around.

Oof, I just looked at bungalows for my upcoming March sailing and they were $583 - before they sold out.

2 minutes ago, Psycho and Barb said:

Stay away for Nellies beach in Labadee...Too many people are finding out what a nice spot it is. lol

Oh, that's a shame... I was going to send my parents over there while we do the adventure stuff, and then join them for lunch when we're done. Does it have the best water entry of all the Labadee beaches? I've heard that other beaches have rocks and/or slimy weeds. What if they get there early? Would you say it is the loungers that get really crowded, the water, or both?

3 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Oh, that's a shame... I was going to send my parents over there while we do the adventure stuff, and then join them for lunch when we're done. Does it have the best water entry of all the Labadee beaches? I've heard that other beaches have rocks and/or slimy weeds. What if they get there early? Would you say it is the loungers that get really crowded, the water, or both?

It does have good water access and not too many rocks.  It does tend to fill up early but of course that all depends on your ship...We would recommend getting there early though.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Food tips for CocoCay...

Snack Shack: Fried chicken sandwich, mozzarella sticks, funnel cake.

Chill Grill/Skipper's Grill: Taco bar (they have lots of other stuff but I prefer the tacos). Dessert hack there... combine soft serve from the machine with chocolate chip cookies (others do brownies) in a plastic drink cup.

Ok that dessert hack is well and truly noted. 😋

You're a bad influence! 😉😂

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Capt Jacks has some pretty good chicken wings too.

10 hours ago, asquared17 said:

i literally just said to J, “remind me to get funnel cake when we’re at PDCC tomorrow. i always forget!!!”

Blasphemy! I really like the chicken sandwiches too but funnel cake is the one thing you won't find anything remotely close to on the ship! I want pics in your live blog!

My dying wish is for RC to put a Snack Shack on the Boardwalk of Oasis class. Ditch the Dog House! 🤣

14 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Oof, I just looked at bungalows for my upcoming March sailing and they were $583 - before they sold out.

I paid $480 for Christmas 2023 9booked as soon as the cruise was released), and $520 for this coming NYE.  They sold out within a few months of the cruises being released - I just looked and I booked the bungalow in March 2023 for Dec 2024 and it sold out right after I booked!

We were REALLY hoping we hate the bungalow and found it a waste of money so I could cancel for the next cruise.  But it was fantastic.  I hate water/sand/sun (I'm a big fan of staying on the ship in the air conditioning, and my family is quite happy to leave me behind. They did two port days without me, so this was my compromise to actually spend a beach day with them and not stick my husband with all 5 kids again). It was fabulous having my Best Friend for the Day Oneil doing my drink runs for me!  And it was close enough we could see the kids on the Aqua Park - my husband checked them in and told them to just meet us back at the bungalow.

If it was only $150 I would have booked myself and my husband one and one more for the kids!

To answer the original question - avoid the markets on Labadee.  You really can't prepare yourself for the level of subtle/sometimes not so subtle aggressiveness they  have.  It is nothing like going through the big market building in Nassau! My new foster son (he's never been anywhere like this, and hasn't even experienced Nassau to at least give him some taste to what these markets can be like) is 17 and is a typical teenage know it all.  I warned him to wait for us to go to the market, or even better just don't go at all.  He insisted he knew what he was doing.  15 minutes later he was back and had blown all $100 he had on him, with some bracelets and a picture to show for it.  I'm really hoping he learned his lesson and doesn't do it again this year!

Labadee….take the hike to Columbus Cove (it’s really not that bad of a walk!).  I think that is the best beach area on the island!  The food buffet is close by…as is a bar.  There are a few floats anchored in the water to relax on if able to grab one!  Great view of the ship across the water and the water is really beautiful.  Lots of chairs and umbrellas too.

Coco Cay…absolutely check out the food at the Snack Shack!  Funnel cakes are devine!   As far as beach area?  I prefer South Beach but last time we were there the water was full of jellyfish 🪼 yuck!  We ended up heading to Oasis Pool and loved it…especially the end furthest away from the bar area!

I’ll be checking out HideAway Beach in May…since I got an awesome price I figured why not?

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

We ended up heading to Oasis Pool and loved it…especially the end furthest away from the bar area!

And I bet you didn't consider it a crazy party atmosphere, right?

We're not party people but actually don't sit all that far from the Oasis Bar and still don't find it to be loud or crazy unless you're right at the bar or in the human soup in front of the DJ. I'm not trying to convince anyone to sit there; everyone likes what they like. I just think the "loud party atmosphere" description of the Oasis Pool is exaggerated in my experience... it's a huge pool with many areas.

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Blasphemy! I really like the chicken sandwiches too but funnel cake is the one thing you won't find anything remotely close to on the ship! I want pics in your live blog!

My dying wish is for RC to put a Snack Shack on the Boardwalk of Oasis class. Ditch the Dog House! 🤣

I would LOVE this. I think the doghouse was a good idea but it's kinda meh on flavor and options and I will forever be bitter about the fact that there's nothing like a Chicago Dog offered lol

20 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

ooooohhhhhh that hurts! I think more people are realizing how great of a grab they are and demand skyrockets the price. Truly, they aren't worth more than $90 per person in my opinion (but I'm also rather cheap hahaha) so even for 4 people I'd max out at $360

13 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

you already know about these, but for those not following along, happy to share pics!! 

** fun fact: i ended up wearing most of the powdered sugar, due to high winds at cococay today 😂

IMG_8044.jpeg

IMG_8045.jpeg

IMG_8043.jpeg

The chocolate chip cookies at the Snack Shack are the best!   Way better than the ones on the ship (when you can find them).

The "in pool" loungers at the Oasis Pool are close enough to the dj/music/party to enjoy but far enough that you aren't overwhelmed.   Also a great spot for servers to bring you drinks.

The floating bar is fun the first time but a little hard to climb aboard (slippery ladder) or depart with drink in hand.

The zip line at Labadee is expensive but amazing.   Do it early in the day before it gets hot.

8 hours ago, Va4fam said:

The "in pool" loungers at the Oasis Pool are close enough to the dj/music/party to enjoy but far enough that you aren't overwhelmed.   Also a great spot for servers to bring you drinks.

That’s very close to our go-to spot. Agree on all counts plus it’s a short walk to both a snack shack & Chill Grill (very important to me, lol.)