Lost luggage

My luggage failed to show up in the terminal at debarkation.  I filed all of the reports, got some minimal help in searching I got Al the luggage,  but after two days have heard nothing from RC.  I tried calling customer relations, but got absolutely nowhere.  Just awful.  I understand that these things can happen, but there is absolutely no way to communicate with RC once you leave the ship.   They really don’t seem to care.   I’ll stick with Viking.  

Edited by SpeedNoodles
changed title to actual subject

2 hours ago, Louis Phillips said:

My luggage failed to show up in the terminal at debarkation.  I filed all of the reports, got some minimal help in searching I got Al the luggage,  but after two days have heard nothing from RC.  I tried calling customer relations, but got absolutely nowhere.  Just awful.  I understand that these things can happen, but there is absolutely no way to communicate with RC once you leave the ship.   They really don’t seem to care.   I’ll stick with Viking.  

Gosh, that's a shame.  I remember twenty years ago, sailing on Celebrity, the same happened to us. Went to pick up our luggage in the terminal and one bag was missing. And no one was the least bit helpful.  We had to fly home without it. It actually caught up with us several days later...the airline (or airport?) delivered it to our home How that happened I have no idea since it went missing in the cruise terminal.

Good luck to you.

For others that are reading this string of posts... 

I have Apple Airtags that I keep in all my luggage and bags.  Once you purchase them there are no additional costs.  You can use your iPhone to track the bags and see where they are.  Getting on the ship I have seen my bags near my cabin and have been able to locate it and get it before the cabin steward.  Getting off the ship I can use them to track and locate my bag in the big room where everyone's bags are located.  At the airport I can see that my bag is getting moved from each plane in my connection.  Then I can just watch my phone and it will tell me when my bags are on the conveyer to pick up.  I no longer have to wonder where my bags are.  

4 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

For others that are reading this string of posts... 

I have Apple Airbags that I keep in all my luggage and bags.  Once you purchase them there are no additional costs.  

Obviously not everyone uses Apple, is there anything similar for Android that anyone could recommend? 

5 hours ago, Ray said:

Obviously not everyone uses Apple, is there anything similar for Android that anyone could recommend? 

I use Tile. Super easy to put on/in suitcases, and the app is particularly easy to use for not-tech-savvy people (like me). I programmed mine to ring Jingle Bells if I'm looking for it. Nothing like hearing Jingle Bells coming out of the luggage chute at the airport when you're trying to figure out where your bag is. 🤣

One other nice thing about the Tile app is that you can also connect to a FitBit if you have one, which then helps me locate my phone (because I lose it all the time, even when it's right beside me, LOL). 

17 hours ago, Louis Phillips said:

Since we lost a suitcase 8 years ago, we walk off with our luggage. Look up email for RCL executives and badger them politely. They are supposed to allow 300 US even if you don't have insurance with them. Always get travel insurance of some sort.

I sincerely hope the OP’s luggage is located and returned. Our son is in the Air Force, stationed in Japan. He keeps an Apple Air tag in each bag. He was flying from Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo, and upon landing, he saw that one of his bags still was at LAX. He was able to send screenshots to the airline, showing where the bag was. They were able to get it to him 4 days later. I too keep an air tag in every piece of luggage. 

My wife bought me two "Tiles" for Christmas.  Folks she knows that have used them say they work great. 

And she uses an Apple phone, so she bought the "Apple AirTag" for herself.  Reviews have been positive, and her friend used one on her last cruise with my wife.   They were always able to know where the luggage was, in and out of the ship, and in or out of the plane and airport. 

Those of you who are interested in tracking tags here is a very interesting video of someone from Germany that mailed 3 tags to different famous people and tracked them.  I think you will enjoy it and learn some things.  

https://youtu.be/C72_8IGhR8Q?si=31vDQ1zXFNJpkqcU

https://youtu.be/W8SER24F0U8?si=nbpUMfFslDDQMxsL

10 hours ago, Ray said:

When i searched google a few weeks back i looked at the Samsung Smarttags however the reviews were not great. 

I have Samsung smart tags on my keys and in my wallet (bulky in wallet but I usually misplace it). They work great for me. I left my jacket behind at a bar (had no idea which one) on a night out and was able to locate it via the tag the next day. The tag works off Bluetooth but it can "ping" off other people's devices to send you a location when you're out of Bluetooth range.

I highly recommend them.

6 minutes ago, Shanethegriff said:

I have Samsung smart tags on my keys and in my wallet (bulky in wallet but I usually misplace it). They work great for me. I left my jacket behind at a bar (had no idea which one) on a night out and was able to locate it via the tag the next day. The tag works off Bluetooth but it can "ping" off other people's devices to send you a location when you're out of Bluetooth range.

I highly recommend them.

Thanks ..this is what i wanted 🙂

Far better than paid for positive or negative reviews on google.