diamonds go AGAIN!! (an oasis reprise) ~ 2.4.2024-2.11.2024 ~ oasis of the seas

asquared17

2 hours ago, asquared17 said:

the deer in headlights maneuvering was in FULL FORCE this morning. people approaching from all sides, ignoring lines (and common courtesy) and just being generally a mess 😅😂

Glad you observed this too.........what happened to courtesy and being aware that other people are on the ship too?

We had a grown retirement age adult (I'm assuming) that put their bare feet on a bar stool in the music hall, and another one pulled up their shirt to rub their grown adult belly.   Ick.

Don't get me started on the people that are so oblivious when they walk, stop, change direction, etc. that perhaps, maybe even likely, that other people might be nearby that now have to use extreme collision avoidance measures to avoid running into them.   

Or maybe I will file this under it's "Me. Hi.  I'm the problem it seems!"

29 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

I have to admit ... i was really (and i man really) lost on the whole cup holder thing. I was thinking, WTH? Doesn't Royal have small tables for that?

Ok, i get it now.....

alas we are not on the suite sundeck so there are no tables here for us… a DIY cup clip will have to do 😂

actually there might be some tables in the solarium, come to think of it…

10 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

Don't get me started on the people that are so oblivious when they walk, stop, change direction, etc. that perhaps, maybe even likely, that other people might be nearby that now have to use extreme collision avoidance measures to avoid running into them.   

this is what i am convinced causes most — if not ALL — of the alpha calls in the jammer. 

9/10 times the reason i try to avoid is because of collisions. 

its basically like driving on the turnpike in NJ; stay alert, lest you fall victim to everyone around you!!!!

1 hour ago, asquared17 said:

its basically like driving on the turnpike in NJ; stay alert, lest you fall victim to everyone around you!!!!

#Truth!

And please don't get me started on out of state drivers who don't understand the "keep right, pass left only" law we have. The most dangerous are the Clueless ones who camp in the left hand lane doing 60 without a care in the world, forcing everyone to pass right. 

P.S. love how my phone naturally spelled Clueless with a capital "C." Forget Hairspray or Cats ... Royal needs new movie rights. 

4 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

And please don't get me started on out of state drivers who don't understand the "keep right, past left only" law we have. The most dangerous are the Clueless ones who camp in the left hand lane doing 60 without a care in the world, forcing everyone to pass right. 

OMG!!!!!! i can literally feel my blood pressure rising at this. 

[stares deliberately out at falmouth blue waters to calm down]

25 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

And please don't get me started on out of state drivers who don't understand the "keep right, past left only" law we have.

They either just passed that here or are about to. I don't pay attention to the news much. Like we needed another reason for drivers to be awful here. You'd think it's tourists who don't know where they're going (and they don't) but I feel like the locals are even scarier.

it is shaping up to be a gorgeous day here. 

IMG_8169.thumb.jpeg.e7ae35fbe1842cbd25f28dba1ebad51e.jpeg

we are grateful for the strong breeze and occasional cloud cover. 😎

i would say there are definitely more people onboard than usual. not as packed as it was in nassau, but certainly not as quiet as labadee yesterday. 

some pics below as we pulled in this morning - we were early and they cleared the ship about 30 mins earlier than expected. 

today is the shortest day in port we have - 10-3:30… although we were supposed to leave on time LAST time we were in falmouth and we all know how that turned out 🙃🙃🙃🙃

now i am just killing time til ELF opens for lunch at 1pm. 

IMG_8166.jpeg

IMG_8165.jpeg

Really???? How am I going to keep my luggage law when @asquared17 keeps touting new gadgets to bring on my sailing!!!! 

** Just placed water heater for tea thingy in my Bezos cart, ........thanks a lot!

and here I was patting myself on the back for not really being excited about the cup holder! 🤦‍♀️

7 minutes ago, Neesa said:

here I was patting myself on the back for not really being excited about the cup holder!

Yeah, I can't say I'm exactly EXCITED about them, but there's usually room in whatever bag my wife brings to the Solarium so we'll toss them in there and they'll get some use.

Or here's some logic... we're about to get our 2 extra vouchers so that means more afternoon drinks to make sure they get used, right? 🍹🍹

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

#Truth!

And please don't get me started on out of state drivers who don't understand the "keep right, past left only" law we have. The most dangerous are the Clueless ones who camp in the left hand lane doing 60 without a care in the world, forcing everyone to pass right. 

You know the PA drivers don't read the signs and the NY drivers think the left lane is only for them 🤣🤣.  

6 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

My brother has a portable hot water and espresso maker. He brings that and his portable protein blender on every cruise. It goes in his carry-on.

Portable espresso maker that doesn’t get confiscated?? I need more info haha. I’m on this cruise in 3 weeks (first cruise in a decade since having kids… first with kids) and am trying to see what I can bring that won’t get taken. 

@asquared17LOVING this thread… getting us fired up for our Oasis adventure March 3!

11 minutes ago, MaryS said:

You know the PA drivers don't read the signs and the NY drivers think the left lane is only for them 🤣🤣.  

Maybe that explains the mentality of people on the ship.  If they drive that way, they will walk that way too.

It's not that hard to show courtesy to others.

17 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Neesa @asquared17, will that tea kettle end up on naughty table? I thought I had read somewhere before that it would...

well if it does, at least i only spent $20 on it. 

maybe i’ll separate the parts to make it less sus. 😅

18 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:
2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I am most disappointed! I thought you and I would be standing together in this lol

behold!!!! the power of the dark side!!!! 😂

13 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

My brother has a portable hot water and espresso maker. He brings that and his portable protein blender on every cruise. It goes in his carry-on.

TWINS YET AGAIN!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, MaryS said:

oh man too true 🤣

3 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

Maybe that explains the mentality of people on the ship.  If they drive that way, they will walk that way too.

sadly…

28 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Also, @asquared17, I just realized that your itinerary is the same as ours next month. What was the order of the theme nights for your sailing? They still have not updated the app for ours yet.

1) welcome aboard!

2) taste of france (formal)

3) taste of mexico

4) taste of italy

5) taste of caribbean 

6) royal night (formal)

7) bon voyage (mediterranean)

i just finished FIGHTING FOR MY LIFE at ELF. 

it was such a scene. 

they formed two lines (which was fine) but they ran out of quesadillas so i was stuck, parked, waiting for more — as burritos and passengers alike continued passing me by…

also the queso dip is in the middle of the lineup so i can’t tell you how many people finished their circuit, only to come back and cut off the current line folks so they could get queso. 

and then had the audacity that we wanted to go around their uncouth, line-cutting selves. 

A JOURNEY, I TELL YA. 

but i emerged victorious. 

IMG_8172.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am most disappointed! I thought you and I would be standing together in this lol

We really would have been if not for my wife's bday. Our "celebrations" have become super low key over time. What do you want? I dunno, nothing really. What do you want to do for dinner? Doesn't matter. 🤣

Dinner has always been an issue b/c her bday is actually Valentine's Day. Overpriced fixed menus don't exactly line up well with frugal and picky.

I feel obligated to get her SOMETHING(s) though and she's not a flowers and chocolates girl (her response would be flowers just die and I'd rather have gummy bears and twizzlers) so this year's underwhelming collection of small gifts now includes a clip on cup holder. 🤷‍♂️ The other stuff is personal at least (and by that I mean meaningful to her/us, not naughty).

17 hours ago, asquared17 said:

YAY!! welcome to the cup clip club!! (say THAT 10 times fast 😂

Thank goodness I am alone at the moment when I tried it, it ended up sounding like I was saying some rude names for body parts. Now my mouth feels like rubber. 🤣

16 hours ago, asquared17 said:

meanwhile, in the distance, aqua 80 continues … and i narrate what songs are currently playing, much to J’s eternal dismay 😂

Do you also clap your hands in excitement when you narrate? I so do that. Drives the spouse nuts.

6 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

after 22 years of marriage, we don't really do big gifts anymore

Spouse and I have been together for 20 year now. We actually choose a theme now for birthdays/holidays. This past Christmas was something-that-can-be-immediately-used. I gifted Spouse toilet paper, and Spouse gifted me Christmas crackers. Since Spouse is away for Valentine's Day, we did a theme of something-to-remind-us-of-the-other-person and gifted early. Spouse received a travel-size first aid kit (because Spouse ALWAYS gets injured while on travel), and I received a bath candle that says "You're the best thing I ever got off the Internet" (we met online). We are perfect for each other. 

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

her response would be flowers just die

Let me tell you a story about Spouse. Spouse has an explanation for why flowers are never brought home to me, just plants (I hate plants, BTW, as I have a black thumb). Plants = puppies. Flowers = puppy heads. Which would you rather have?

(and after the first time Spouse said this to me and saw the horrified look on my face, Spouse decided to tell EVERYONE that explanation. incredibly embarassing)

10 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

(we met online)

We partially met online... back in the late 90's before it was really a thing... we're trendsetters! 😎

OK, we had a mutual friend who lived on her street but had gone to my HS and I played soccer with him. But we did talk in an AOL chat room (before your time, @asquared17?).

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

We partially met online... back in the late 90's before it was really a thing... we're trendsetters! 😎

OK, we had a mutual friend who lived on her street but had gone to my HS and I played soccer with him. But we did talk in an AOL chat room (before your time, @asquared17?).

AOL!!!! I remember using AOL IM aaaaaall the time in college to message my friends...down the hall, two room away, with our doors open, in our dorm. Everyone was always like "JUST GO TO THE OTHER ROOM!" but we liked messaging each other and then hearing the other person giggle. 😉 And Spouse and I definitely started talking to each other via AOL IM. Good gravy, I can't even remember what my username was anymore......the dementia is setting in....... 🤪

@Ampurp85 I think your brother has gotten away with one (or more), because kettles are definitely listed as a naughty item: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/faq/questions/are-there-any-prohibited-items-to-bring-onboard

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

We really would have been if not for my wife's bday. Our "celebrations" have become super low key over time. What do you want? I dunno, nothing really. What do you want to do for dinner? Doesn't matter. 🤣

My husband and I are coming up on our 24th anniversary, and our gift giving is: I am constantly brainstorming things he would like and thoughtfully buying them throughout the year, whenever I see something or think of something. Not usually big-ticket items, but things he wouldn't buy for himself. 

However, representative of our typical gifting pattern, in November, I told him that for my Christmas present, I wanted to see a comedian that I like who was on tour and in our city in January. I told him the event, the date, the time and sent him the link to the website where you buy the tickets. In mid-December, I mentioned how excited I was to go and see the show - and he said, "oh. where do I get those tickets again?" So I ended up buying them for myself. Luckily, I don't feel slighted. Gift giving is my love language but not gift receiving. I also just bought myself the smart ring I asked him for 5 years ago and I'm still waiting for the e-scooter I wanted 2 years ago...

Also, there is not enough room in this blog for me to start listing all the things I have to say about driving in NJ... (WHY do two lanes merge together in the middle of all the lanes with no sign and no warning!!! And WHY is it always another 15 miles from any sign to the Garden State Parkway which is also pointing to the longer way to get to it???)